XR constantly losing app connection?

• Yup :/
    Right now I am standing next to my OW while it's charging and connexion looks stable.
    It's more of a problem when riding ...

• Another hour-long, 12 mile ride with my phone in the neck of my boot—never lost connection with the board once. Used my Apple Watch to see the live stats.
    I guess this is what I’ll have to resort to until FM comes up with a fix.

• I just tried with my girlfriend's iPhone.
    She has an iPhone 6s plus, iOS11.
    Good news (or bad IDK) : Super stable connexion. On the SAME ride I tried again with my phone, I loose connexion every 2s.
    Tried back and forth between hers and mine and same result.

I am currently updating my iPhone (iOS 12 just released, even tho I promised myself I wouldn't update cuz I'm scared it will slow it down, oh well), I will let you know if it fixes anything.

• Was raining so didn’t try for too long but looks like the issue is still here on iOS 12...

• @eckit you can’t use your warranty anymore ?

• @CLBR no, I can. I’ve only had my XR for about a week. Why?

• Because it seems like it could be a reason for using the warranty and getting a new one, no ? I can’t imagine it’s like this for everyone ?!

• @CLBR well, I’m going to reach out t them next week. Not entirely sure that it is a unit-by-unit issue, but instead all of the units with the same hardware and firmware. And if that’s the case, I am going to tell them that I will continue to ride this one until they come out with a hardware and/or firmware revision that fixes it. I don’t want to be without my OW for months while they try to sort this out.

• Sounds like a reasonable thing to do :) let us know what they tell you !

• @CLBR absolutely!

• @suboba I can't stay connected either (IPhone X and OW XR). It's so irritating to connect and then lose connection over and over.

• @nateraso is this only when your OW is moving ? Or also when being idle ?

• @CLBR when it's idle I'm connected with no problem. When I start riding it takes about 10 seconds to lose connection. The previous comments about the Bluetooth range sound right. I'll stop to see my temperatures/range etc because I can't see much while moving.

• So after some back and forth with FM support I was told to download an app called “Light Blue” and check the Bluetooth connection by placing my phone directly on the front footpad and take a screenshot and then while holding the phone as if I was riding and take a screenshot. I think the app they are referring to is actually called “LightBlue Explorer” as “Light Blue” doesn’t appear to have anything to do with Bluetooth. I will try this with both my XRs and report back my findings here. Maybe some of you can do the same?

• +1

New XR (less than week old)
    Hardware - 4208
    Firmware - Andromeda - 4117
    iOS: 12 on 7+

BT disconnects often, but rides are fragmented almost always unless the app is open/running and screen not locked. In other words, rides are cut short even when I don't get a notice that the board has disconnected from the app. Have tried w. different location settings, with light on/off, still drops ride/gps data.

• @Rado thanks for the update! Will do the same.

• I did use the app, dB varies a lot but the best I could get was around -76, at waist height.

• @CLBR Yeah, I tried it with both my XRs and they were pretty much the same. Fluctuating between -70 and -85. I’m not sure what this helps with. I was hoping it would show a drastic difference between the two but it didn’t.

• I just upgraded my iPhone X with iOS 12 yesterday and oddly i have not had ANY disconnects and the connection to the board is almost immediate. It's a similar experience with my Samsung S8+ that connects almost immediately. Has anyone else noticed this after updating to iOS 12? In iOS 11.4 I was having all kinds of disconnects and drops...

I will say that I'm still getting a footpad sensor warning while riding and have yet to hear back from FM support on this...

• @bakemono with your iPhone update, what was your test case? That is, for how long, how many miles, etc... Like I said in an earlier post, one random day, I rode for about 5 miles in about 30 min without a single disconnect. A short while after that, it started raining disconnects.

Idk. It's a very intermittent bug. Very difficult to reproduce.