Airplanes have stall warnings. Just before the wing stalls, there is a loud beep...

• ...It warns you to push the nose down\add more power to prevent a stall.
    FM should add a nosedive warning to the OW app.
    Why haven't the Futur Motion Team already Implemented that idea?

• It doesn't know you are nosediving until you are nosediving. It can be mostly fine (maybe you already ignored pushback) until you hit a bump or bit of resistance that suddenly shifts your weight forward too much for it to catch up with the little power remaining. It can sound an alarm at that point, but you will already be in the air.

Pushback happens early because it needs to have enough power to accelerate enough to lift the nose while also maintaining balance. That is your nosedive warning. After pushback, it cannot guarantee it will have enough power to keep you balanced in all conditions. Surging is a way to tell you to back off while it still has enough power to keep up with aggressive riding.

Requests for a nosedive warning sound like "Why hasn't FM implemented a warning to tell me when I am about to nosedive after I have ignored the other warnings?" If you had a nosedive and never felt pushback, then you need to work on riding in a way that keeps your head and shoulders centered over the wheel and not leaning out over the nose.

• what Ian said ^^^
    I've clocked about 3000 miles now with zero nosedives (before that they were a regular thing). There are concrete steps to avoid disaster, and they work:

1. never deactivate both sensors (i used to do this while hitting bumps on a hard heelside turn)
    2. reposition your feet as far back as possible on the front and back footpads
    3. always ride in delerium. It has more torque, is more responsive and thus helps avoid nosedives where the available torque would have been overwhelmed in mission mode.
      (3.5. if you ride an XR then delerium has even more torque than a plus, and you'll be even less likely to nosedive. )
    4. inflate to at least 20psi or some say possibly even 25-30. This limits the board's dip downward when you hit an unexpected bump or pothole.
    5. a nosedive may still occur despite your best efforts, so I always ride at 15mph or less. If you are nimble you will be able to jump & run (or roll) much more easily at these speeds than 20mph

• Also, engineering-wise this nosedive warning would be a bad choice for the device. Much of the board's stability and durability comes from the simplicity of the hardware and software design.

Here's a perfect example of what can go wrong when you start to get too fancy with algorithms like this (even for a car company that has tons of experience, resources, and field testing): https://carbuzz.com/news/why-are-some-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-s-side-airbags-deploying-when-off-roading

• @readysetawesome I'm at 1300+ miles on my OW+ . . . totally agree with EVERY point above as my last nosedive was at 22 mph around the 600 mile mark (wasn't pretty). I'm still pushing for a customizable speed warning limit (implemented in the OneWheelWear app for Wear OS watches, btw) in the OW app, which I would set at 15 mph, but FM doesn't seem to look at these requests.

I still ride with a helmet and wrist guards for casual rides and full gear for more aggressive riding . . . just in case!