Introducing Gemini

• @readysetawesome said in Introducing Gemini:

@OneDan your board doesn’t ever have push back? all 3 of my boards (+, +, XR) push back noticeably when I hit about 15mph.

I'm sure it does, but I've never really felt it. I used to ride up to 20 mph, but after my 22mph nose dive, I keep it below 14 (my watch warns me at 14.5 mph with 5 quick vibrations), so I have no idea if it still does it. :)

• I’ve played with Gemini since the day it was released.
    All I can say is WOW. It is more revolutionary than introduction of the XR!
    I’d like to see a Gemini manual with practical advices how to reach desired shape using given three sliders.

• @sk8bomb My iPhone 6+ still only works from a few feet away but yesterday I successfully recorded an entire ride in the OW app. My first complete recording since buying my XR. Maybe it’s just a better App, but I did receive a lot less “lost connection” notifications.

• @Beetle Got it thanks...I think it took a little while to show up in my iPhone APP Store. Thanks again..

• Installed the Gemini Firmware looks good. Also put together a little video for anyone interested in seeing what the firmware update looks like;

https://youtu.be/AWHGDkqC7v0

• Really hoping this helps with the issue I've been having. Seems about 1/3rd of the time I power my OW+ on, I ride about 5-10 feet and the board power cuts off. If I power cycle it it seems to work ok, but I'm kinda sick of getting thrown off going 3mph part of the time. Worked with Ow support a few months ago and didn't really get anywhere it seems. If this new firmware doesn't help I guess I'll have to send it in for diagnostics...

• I love this update, thanks for making it!

An easy way to make it even better: let me have custom shaping (named) presets, and hide the presets I never use (namely cruz, sequoia and elevated); would make swiping through the modes more convenient! Perhaps not a very difficult thing to code either.

And maybe bring back current amps? It was useful information. I can sort of see why you'd remove individual cell voltages (too many dumb questions about the XR with one fewer cell), but no reason for the current amps to go afaik...

• Does anyone know what version of Android is needed to use Onewheel app, please?

Thank you in advance.

• As cool as it is to dial in our preferences it still doesn’t fix the Bluetooth connection problem. 😢

• @Paris They've got the minimum SDK set to 5.0 "lollipop" or better.

• @wiz Thank you!