Onewheel V1 on golf course

• Hey guys I'm new here:-).
    First of all, I'm really digging all the community content so far. Especially the customizations:-). Sadly, most of them aren't available over here in Europe. Anyways, I'm on the verge of buying a used V1 Onewheel. I'd mainly like to use it on the golf course and for riding to university. Can you guys give me some feedback on the performance on grass and how much it would differ from the newer models. The local golf course has quite a bit of slope to deal with and I'm wondering if the V1 Onewheel (500w) will be powerful enough uphill.^^

Edit: Additional Infos-->400 miles usage and the BMS system got replaced:-)

Thanks so much for your help!!!

• This is pretty good deal on an XR listed on craigslist for barely being used plus all the accessories.
    https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/houston-onewheel-xr-accessories/6799447495.html

If you live close to this area, and in the market, it might be worth a drive to pick it up. BTW it's not mine...I just spotted it.

• @Rough-Cutt said in Onewheel V1 on golf course:

This is pretty good deal on an XR listed on craigslist for barely being used plus all the accessories.
    https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/houston-onewheel-xr-accessories/6799447495.html

If you live close to this area, and in the market, it might be worth a drive to pick it up. BTW it's not mine...I just spotted it.

He said he’s in Europe.

• @tomfoolery Yea, I should have just started another thread.

• @Rough-Cutt hey thanks for spotting the Onewheel for me:-). Unfortunately I'm in Europe and the V1s are around 700 Euro=800 Dollar over here.
    The new Onwheel+ costs about 1700 Dollar and there are basically no used ones available atm. XR=2200 Dollar.
    I'm really wondering if I can even use it somewhat decently on a golf course. (in the Alps:-))

• Hey Wings, you can download the manuals for both the V1 and plus https://onewheel.com/pages/manuals

Compare the two board specs. I don't think you'll have an issue on grassy hills. The lower power of the V1 might just mean you can't go up as fast as the higher power Plus. Torque is what you need to go uphill, Power is just the rate of torque before the battery/motor give up. I think you'll lose traction before you run out of torque.

• @Wings26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgiyjj7c9Bo&t=383s Here's a video of the braille team playing with a V2 or V3 which is noticeably more powerful than a V1. This video may give you a little insight into the limits of riding up a hill as they push its limits up a ramp several times in this video. Grass will slow you down further so you may have some problems. For reference, think about how much additional effort it takes to push a wheelbarrow on grass rather than concrete. Also, grass can cut your range in half. If the V1 is rated for 5-7 miles, you can expect 2-3 minus battery degradation in grass.

Additionally, the golf bag may get in the way of run off counter rotation. Normally we ride with our forward arm backside and our rear arm frontside as well as our shoulders rotated towards the front of the board. This allows us to slap our rear shoulder with our forward hand, swing our rear arm backside and counter rotate with our shoulders in order to align our body to a running position in the event of a nosedive. Loose items that do not rotate with our upper body siphon some of this force. A backpack that is tight and secure isn't too bad, but if there's any give in your golf bag, some of that force will be transferred to the bag rather than to your lower body. You may no longer be able to counter rotate and runoff at 12+ mph but may be limited to somewhere around 8 mph under such conditions. If you ride 8+ mph, you may find yourself face-planting on most of your nosedives.

Wow, I realize all that is a downer. I'm sorry about that. Hopefully it gives you something to think about though :) And hopefully, my wording is more bleak than reality. Good luck with your purchase. I hope you buy one anyways. Cheers.