Charging points on OW app

• It would be sick if we could mark places to charge on the OW app under the rides feature.

• @J-Glide i asked fm for that feature last summer but they wasn't interested.

• @J-Glide Can you describe the use case that will result in this feature being a popular go to?

When tech companies prioritize requests, or even consider them for the roadmap, they need a valid use case along with it.

Personally, I wouldn't have much use for a library of user generated exposed electrical plugs that I can leech off of. It'll likely be inaccurate and not of too much value.

If I were looking for an outlet, I would look for the closest Starbucks. Again, depends on your living environment, but I just don't see the value of this feature for the larger user base.

• The LA group used to publish such a list on their fb page. Don't know if it is still kept up tho.

• @SirCarvesAlot It would be a great help when visiting new areas or a new state entirely. I agree with you about the "quality" of the data being fed into it would need some screening. A good example is last year we had a large ride in Boston that was sponsored by Boosted. Luckily we had some experienced folks in the group planning the ride. We knew that there were plugs in a wall at a local park. So the ride was planned to have a dinner break there for lower range 4 wheel'd boards and the OW+'s in the group. Having these random public outlets on a map is a nice touch when limited by 4-6 mile range. So folks recharged and a local place actually delivered pizza to the park for us.

• @J-Glide #RidewithJeremyS!

In Boston we are lucky to have a long standing E-Sk8 community that we benefit from frequently. They have a shared Google Map with many local charge spots on it. It would be nice to have this in the app to make exploring the country even easier on a OW.

• @skyman88 that context certainly helps. I can see how a long group ride would require recharge spots.

Personally, I don't see myself riding longer than the available range in the same day. I'm simply not that hardcore ;)

• @SirCarvesAlot The OW+'s have become almost a burden on group rides... especially when it's cold and they are only getting 4 miles per charge. So we have to actually map out a route ahead of time... Dunkin Donuts loves us.

• @SirCarvesAlot There are quite a few starbucks no longer allowing people to plug anything in. It's not a reliable option anymore. This feature would be for riding on green belts not around the city or neighborhoods. I can see how this wouldn't be of use in the city proper.

• If OW wanted to ship charging cables and even some stands to local establishments in communities where OW are popular and then put the locations on the OW maps and slap a OW sign in the shop’s window, I know I’d certainly be likely to hit these spots. Grabbing a burger, beer and a charge would be extra stoke to the Saturday ride.
    Oh yeah, don’t drink and Wheel.

• @Khayman I just mentioned it to Jack Mudd at FM and he said it was a great idea and that he would bring it up in the next meeting. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

• Awesome. Jack always gets it done. I know of a handful of establishments in beautiful St Petersburg, FL that’d be up for it. Keep me posted!

• @J-Glide which idea are you talking about? marking locations, providing chargers, ????

• @J-Glide Swinging back to this idea to see if FM had any input on chargers at popular OneWheel establishments. I have a handful in St Petersburg, FL that could be open to spreading the stoke and the charge to all the OWers cruising the city and beaches. Great FM marketing opportunity too!