XR Improvement Possibilities

• So the XR is very nice, how can it be improved?

Here are some ideas:

• rounder tire with treaded option (right now its practically flat)
    • remove the wood & replace with a hard silicone foam that absorbs shock & handles dings better than wood.
    • add function to limit speed on app so unfamiliar riders don’t have to worry about going over say 2-5 mph
    • add encased solar cell under clear footpads so that passive charging can take place when simply left outside (the tech might not be feasible, I don’t know what exists currently in that field)
    • LED option to red/orange hue which helps eyesight for night riding
    • easier turning, however that can be done
    • new improved design, in the direction of the pint relative to the current XR

Add anything you’d like or supplant in anyway you think best.

• @zakplm

Having tire options from the factory would be great!

Everything costs money.... but The Float Life does make a Kush rear foot pad which is a nice alternative to the factory wood. Also Onetail and Cobra pads exist.

People have been requesting the speed notification for a while, I think it would be easy to add and for people with Apple Watches or Android equivalent, you could have a vibration set for a speed limit as well.

• @skyman88 said in XR Improvement Possibilities:

People have been requesting the speed notification for a while, I think it would be easy to add and for people with Apple Watches or Android equivalent, you could have a vibration set for a speed limit as well.

Yep, this! The OneWheelWear app for Wear OS does (well, did) exactly this, but @Future-Motion change their API at the end of 2018 and broke all of the 3rd party apps. The dev tried to fix it and got close, but he can't ride in the winter, so when I tested it here in CA I found that it still had a bug.

Right now I'm using the OEM app on my watch. No speed limit notification, but at least I can monitor my battery and speed without pulling out my phone. With some 1700 miles on my 2 boards, I can pretty much tell when I go over my virtual 14 mph speed limit, but I still wish they would add this feature to the OEM app!

• My number one request is removable batteries. Would love to have an extra battery or two in my backpack for longer rides. I don't want to have to think about the battery.

Apart from that; more torque/speed, threaded tyre, bigger tyre(?), improved overall design (I love my wheel but it looks like a prototype imo).

• @someoneingermany I would love an easily removable battery, not necessarily to carry a spare, with the XR, I'm fine with the range, but to make it easier to travel with the Onewheel.

• @SirCarvesAlot I've got the XR too. It lasts for a while but if you wanna go exploring for a few hours you'll be walking home with a heavy onewheel in your hands. I love it to bits but I really wish there was a way to change batteries. I will probably end up installing a vampire kit so that I can have an external battery, but that's not optimal.

• @someoneingermany makes sense. I suppose the more I ride it, the more endurance I'll have. I recall when I first got my XR I would be done by about 6 miles. Now I can easily ride 10-12 miles without a stop. That's about 300 miles in.

A hot swap battery would be cool for sure.

• @SirCarvesAlot Here is why I think removable battery will not happen.

1. Connections adds another failure point. Moving parts always do.
    2. More parts = more complexity
    3. Cost in production will be passed to consumer. Maybe make it more pricey.
    4. No benefit to FM.

• @fruitygreen I agree. I'm certainly not holding my breath on a hot swappable battery from FM. It would hurt sales in their next XRv2 model with more range.

Why would I upgrade if I just just buy a spare battery for my XR and carry it in a small backpack with me?

I do believe that traveling with the Onewheel needs to be solved though. Not sure how they will accomplish that, but I feel if their morals are in the right place, they will consider that at some point in the future and at least try.

• @SirCarvesAlot
    Maybe somehow have shipping contracts that we can tap into. Just to ship exclusively the OW battery. Maybe a 3rd party can provide such service.