What’s pushing the Pint orders back?

• Not being an apologist for FM, but I ordered an XR a couple of weeks ago, shipping was supposed to happen within a few days, got delayed few days with a shipping issue to my location, I wasn't notified - I got ticked-off and canceled my order.

I sat on it a few hours and sulked. The wife then suggested I try and a dealer up here (didn't know we had any) - we actually have 2 dealers, and one had an XR left, so I had it sent over.

When I talked with FM about my new XR on the phone a couple days later, I asked them what their staff size was - turns out FM is around 40 people.

That's a very small number of people that are literally changing the industry, producing one of the most innovative products the sport has ever seen.

If I'd of known that, I'd of been more patient . . . and not have had snarky comments for my answers on a marketing survey I filled-out (sorry FM).

I'm not telling any of you guys how to feel. It's just that . . . I get it.

All I can say, is that if the Pint is even half as life changing (bruises included) as the XR, it's worth waiting for.

Better for them to workout any final production problems with the board now, and have it right when it reaches your hands.

. . . best to you guys, it'll be worth the wait.

• @Kielanders Thank you for that insight, I think the main issue is that when we ordered there was no mention of it being a pre order, I thought I would have it in a week or so. They have now added to the website that shipping starts in May, although that’s true, people ordering today won’t be getting it in May.
    I agree that FM is a small company and changing the world one wheel at a time (did you see what I did there). It’s just that’s it seems a bit ‘underhand’ not being honest with when you will receive the item after shelling out all that money.

• @Mark-Vlogs @Kielanders

Welcome to (almost) the Float Life. Here's a couple quick notes:

1. FM does not actively monitor or respond to this forum. Kind of a legacy system at this point, that still exists for non Facebook users and they do post announcements from time to time.

2. FM has done the pre-order and then finish design cycle for all of their products to date. That 40 person head count is recent also, that's a large increase over the past. I ordered my OW+ and then due to a sourcing/design challenge waited 12 weeks past my original ship date. With the XR it was only a 2 week slip, which was great... and on the V1 from Kickstarter, you don't want to know.

3. FM is doing Pint test rides & demo events. I know 3 people that went to the one in Cali last weekend. FM made a few comments about still polishing a couple details on the Pint, so there is probably a small portion of that feeding into the ship dates as well as the need to scale up so quick. I can only imagine how many more Pint pre-orders there were with the current social media reach and advertising versus the past 3 models.

4. All of the above goes away about 2 hours after you receive your board. So the wait is more than worth it in the end and just an unfortunate step in owning "the most smiles per dollar" thing I've ever purchased.

Be thankful for the website that tracks orders... that didn't exist when I ordered my OW+, it was total silence until enough people called/emailed asking for updates. I found it to be perfectly accurate for my XR delivery.

• Yes, welcome to the interminable wait that we XR owners went thru last year. Demand overpowers production. Eventually they will catch up and later people will get them in a week or two. Meanwhile you are the test group. Hang in there!

• New to the forum and onewheel community. I just wanted to say it was deceptive to say "SHIPPING IN MAY" before ordering. It's not clear anywhere that it would ship months later.

WHy not be up front about it? I would have ordered guys but it's f'ing shady that you start off this way.

When you order an iphone it says when it ships lol. When you buy a fridge at best buy it tells you when stock will be available for shipping.

Not rocket science.

It's clear you want the orders in. You'll get the orders - just tell us the facts.

• @geguia When I ordered it didn’t even say shipping in May, I thought I would have it a week after ordering. It’s certainly not the best way to conduct business.
    Mine has now been pushed back to 4th July from an initial 25th June, really considering cancelling but I’ve already waited 8 weeks.
    I must admit the excitement is now not as a high as it was.

• The stoke is real! I also ordered the pint unaware of the delivery delay. I have lost sleep watching videos, and reading posts in forums and incessantly checking and rechecking delivery dates all of which only fuels my anticipation. I recently lost all self control and gave into buying a used earlier version (Onewheel+). Delivery expected tomorrow. I can’t remember ever being this obsessive over anything before. An impression has definitely been made. I can’t wait to begin the float life.

• @DontHaveACalou Really pleased for you, I’m sure it’ll be great fun. I’ve put back ordering for almost a year, wanting the XR but not able to realistically spend all that money on one. When the Pint was released I decided it was time to jump on the band wagon. I’ve checked delivery dates 5 times each day, really pleased when the delivery date reduced by a week, not so impressed when it then went back 2 weeks.

I’m taking each day as it comes, still can’t realistically justify buying an XR, let’s see what happens with the delivery dates of the Pint.

Let us know how you get on with yours when it arrives.

• @DontHaveACalou i was tempted as well but i do have to walk with my board a bit and i've read enough gripes about carrying around the one wheel XR

• Just a quick update - expected ship time for me has shifted back to 5/27 as opposed to 5/23. Per FM my board should be among first shipped, but we will see.

• From FM 1:13pm EST in response to my inquiry from this morning. (I think they meant they cannot advance the ship date, vs anticipate. That said Ill be sure to post once I get a shipping confirmation email - forgive the message formatting or typos, I should be working right now) :

Hi XXXXX

May 27th is actually the first day of shipments - you are included in the very first batch of Pint shipment.
    With this said, we are unable to anticipate that shipping date.

Best
    OW Team

ME TO THEM:
    On Mon, 20 May at 7:09 AM ,
    Morning my friend – looks like my ship date has dropped back off to 5/27/19.

Any shot that this is a typo and I'm shipping on the 23rd ?

Fingers crossed n awesome sauce….

Thx much

• This is a little scary! If the "first batch" will be shipping on the 27th, I'd bet there's a lot of people (insiders, youtuber's, etc.) that would be from the first batch. It's possible that we might just be waiting a while for these. I hope not... :( My date is still the 27th but this message seems to minimize the truthfulness of that date. I wish they'd give us production updates since we're really kickstart investors now!

• @Panglossian You are absolutely correct, we are Kickstarter investors without actually agreeing to it. I wish they would give some updates.

• @Mark-Vlogs I was late to find out about the Pint and didn't pre-order until last month. I was completely blindsided when my delivery date was saying late July. I bit the bullet and ordered the XR. It's the single greatest purchase I have ever made and have literally no regrets on dropping $1800 for this. If anyone is in the same boat, and on the fence about whether upgrading to the XR would be worth it, I can assure you it is. Not only will you get a superior board, you will get it within a week.

• My order says that it's now in Production! YAY! 5/27 delivery date still showing...

• @BrentNice I always tell people, if I knew how awesome the OW really was, I would have been willing to pay double.

Most smiles per dollar of anything I've purchased.

I know the wait is a pain. My original ship date for the OW+ was off by 3 months. Still would do it again. This gives you more time to watch videos, tutorials, etc... and best prepare yourself.

• My order has slipped to the 30th now... this is not a good sign!

• Yesterday mine was May 31st. Today it just slipped to June 4th.

• @rageouse seems all orders have slipped. Most disappointing is the lack of communication. This is not an insignificant purchase and FM should be better. Most would be understanding if the communication was forthcoming but as it is it seems shifty.

• @Panglossian Great news, but why’s it taken so long to start building it? Does it show a shipping date or delivery date?