What’s pushing the Pint orders back?

• @cchevy yep, exactly that. the back of the postcard is an apology and plea to remain patient, because good things come to those who wait. or something like that. i admit the little toy Pint is kind of fun and funny. but still, i want the real thing sooner rather than later : (

• @cchevy what would have preferred they sent you... other than a Pint?

• @skyman88 a discount? They’ve had my money for 2.5 months. Accessories, T-shirts, etc.?? A postcard and 20 cent plastic toy is kind of insulting.

• @cchevy The interest earned from the millions of dollars they’ve had in will be huge, all that and still no tangible product, I’m assuming the Pints that people are raving about have issues? FM keep saying they want the product to be right when it arrives, I guess it’s not ‘right’ yet.

• @Mark-Vlogs my own sense is that the Pints work great, but the delay is more because of (1) the crush of huge demand and (2) the scale of parts needed to make those orders happen, in combination with (3) the move to a new production facility at the same time. all the correspondence and posts they've made seem to hint at that. they replied to me on a Youtube post i made, replying that there is literally one screw in common between the Pint and the XR, and "engineering and sourcing hundreds of individual components from all over the globe that need to be perfect and all come together at the right time" is a monumental task.

as for the money thing, yeah, that's a whole other issue. these hats, cups, and toys are nice, but a discount (store credit?) based on the interest of our 2+ month loan would be a more welcome compensation.

• I just think they should have been upfront at the beginning with regards to the shipping dates. We're all more than just average customers going to get an item off the shelf at the local store. We've been bit by the OW bug and want to see them succeed. I would have gladly still ordered even knowing that it might not come for 6 months. However, I would have probably also ordered another XR so I could have my daughter ride with me. I've been listening to their promises of delivery times and thought we could be patient and wait a little longer.

I still think that they are misleading people - it says that delivery starting in July on their website. While true, that is not true for someone purchasing one today. I think that is a bad thing to do to people.

• @Franko Couple points, firstly I don’t think the volume of orders was so significant that it should cause delays. Secondly, while there may be only one screw in common the rest is very comparable ie. rails, wheels, motor, battery, deck etc. Thirdly, they should have had that in place before announcing a new product knowing there would be demand.

It’s frustrating. Spring is nearly done and summer will be too by the time it’s in hand. There was zero indication upon launch this was a crowdfunding like exercise and that was incredibly misleading.

• @Panglossian agreed.

• @cchevy i'm not defending them, i'm just saying that's the impression i have from the email i received from them, the postcard they sent, and the response i got from them over on youtube. i'm not saying i like it. whether or not it's true, only they know. i'm not an engineer, and i've never taken one apart, so i have no clue.

• @Franko no no I gotcha. Simply sharing my thoughts.

• @cchevy good points.

I think the number of Pint pre-orders is an order of magnitude larger than the $1800 XR roll out. Just a belief but their marketing, out reach, and the number of people I know who personally pulled the trigger all point in that direction.

Scaling has never been their strong suit. The XR had a bad component when it was released, so many had to be shipped back in the first few months. Although frustrating, I'd rather a 6 week delay and a safe/functional product personally.

FM has followed this same pattern on the V1, OW+ and XR... so I can't say it's a huge surprise but I was hopeful things had changed.

• @skyman88 I completely agree with you, I would rather them take their time and make it right so we don't all have issues later with it. However, if they just told us (those that have ordered) the specifics like, we've had a problem getting tires or there's a couple bugs that we're getting rid of and that is causing the delay. That would be helpful.

My biggest "rub wrong" is the fact that they didn't mention "pre-order" anywhere in the sales information or sales process until after you click purchase and then I only found out my estimated ship date a couple days later when I went to dude where's my onewheel looking for a tracking number. I had made plans for a trip with my daughter to California for spring break assuming that I'd receive the Pint quickly as when I purchased the XR just a couple of months earlier.

Had I known then about the delays I would have just purchased another XR along with the Pint - but the incremental increases in delay kept me on the hook and thinking it's only just a couple of weeks away. Meanwhile, I keep telling my daughter it's delayed for some unknown reason. I know, first world problems here! LOL!

• @Panglossian "back in my day" that site didn't even exist! We were calling dealers asking if they had any info we didn't about shipping... The dude where's my OW site came around after their 2-3 customer support people were just answering the phone and emails all day long about dates changing.

Unfortunately, FM rarely provides "reasons why". Similar to Tesla, I'm guessing they want to control what information gets published. Pint sales will help keep FM alive and innovating. Should help improve laws as more people use electronic transportation. So I can appreciate not wanting to put that in jeopardy; it's just frustrating for the customers.

• Order pushed back again. From July 24 to July 26. This is beyond ridiculous.

• @cchevy Would be nice to hear from FM

• @cchevy i was out of town over the weekend, but i checked my estimated ship date last night and it had moved FORWARD, instead of back. last friday i was at July 8th, and now i'm back to July 5th, where i was a couple weeks ago. i have no idea what's going on.

• @Franko

That’s good news for you, for now. Unfortunately, I’ve had enough and cancelled my order. I’m rather disappointed in the whole experience to be honest. Communication goes a long way in my opinion and FM failed hugely in that regard.

You can’t sit on peoples money for months (a decent sum at that) and not share what’s going on.

• i get it, and you gotta do what's right for you. i've been down this road before with other products and companies, and since it's only a couple weeks for me to wait (for now), i'm ok with hanging on. i've been through much worse, is all i'm saying. FM is doing better than others, gotta say. it's not great, and they definitely could be a lot better, but it's not the worst i've seen.

• @Franko please post a review for when you ride it. So far it’s wobbly but everyone likes it because it’s “carvy”

• Just a quick FYI - As of today, still showing 7/3/19 ship date for me. No responses to my last couple inquries though...