What’s pushing the Pint orders back?

• @Franko please post a review for when you ride it. So far it’s wobbly but everyone likes it because it’s “carvy”

• Just a quick FYI - As of today, still showing 7/3/19 ship date for me. No responses to my last couple inquries though...

• @geguia once i learn how to ride it, i will : )

• I'm still at July 10th. Order #45xxx

• It just dawned on me why the push back on orders... They've ran out of business cards to include in the box! If you've purchased an XR you'll understand. a1b79ead-07f3-4450-80b6-081c14f51263-image.png

• Now showing I have been moved back up a day to 7/2/19

• @Vindigo75 said in What’s pushing the Pint orders back?:

Now showing I have been moved back up a day to 7/2/19

You know what’s strange? You must be one of the first to receive a pint. You’d think that by June 26th a week+ before shipment that these are in a box already assembled and packaged for delivery?!

I can not believe that they’re still assembling the first orders at this point or things are going to go to sh1t once again.

• @geguia have they communicatred how the production is going?

I've only seen the letter and pint finger toy they sent out to people.

Just checking to see if I've missed a post anywhere

Also my order no is 54XXX How many Pints have been sold i wonder just out of curiosity?

I see pint order numbers start at 4XXXX

But when you check the app you can see the amount of One Wheel riders around the world and numbers dont always add up

• @Daymos - My Pint order number is 44XXX. Both of my XR numbers were 2XXXX order numbers. I do not think order numbers are specifically linked to a board model or product. Frankly I think they reflect the total number of orders fulfilled by future motion across all of their product platforms including accessories. But that is wholly conjecture on my part.

• Yes that would make logical sense

• my order number is 44xxx as well, and my ship date is hanging in at July 5th this week (so far).

• this is one of many reasons why I spent twice as much on the xr that only took 3 weeks

• We are less than 10 days from the first batch of Pint orders..... fingers crossed everything is ok.

I've only be around here for a couple of months... have we been this close before?

I know there was a big setback the other month, but i wasn't sure how close we were to the first batches at that time?

• @Daymos it was on or around the day that the first batches should have been sent that the setback happened last time.

• @Mark-Vlogs Fuuuug man

Thats cruelty to animals looool :(

Ok... its clear we're not safe yet

• I just checked and it's slipped from Jul 3rd to the 5th...

• @Panglossian yeah, mine just slipped again from July 5th back to July 8th. i'm kind of expecting things to jostle around like this through next week...

• I think part of the story we are missing is that they just opened a new facility to assemble the pints.
    the company will open its own 60,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in San Jose.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2019/03/28/onewheel-future-motion-manufacturing-n-san-jose.html Perhaps the delay was setting up their facility.

• @geguia I agree with you.

It's just that when the Pint was announced - no where did it say this was a pre-order. Or that they're planning on opening a new facility and whenever that's ready then they'll ship the Pint.

It is really frustrating and very poor business practices. If I would have known this was a pre-order, I still would have bought it but also got another XR. I had plans with family where I needed 2 OW's. When I keep being told it will ship soon and they keep changing the dates with no explanation - I think that's horrible customer relations. Even with the nice mini pints, I just feel left in the dark.

We are probably their best customers, willing to wait, but give us some information. Even just saying - hey guys/gals, we got slammed with orders and it blew our production planning out the windows. We've got a new facility and it's taking longer to get up to speed. Or hey, you know how we like to put a million business cards in the box so you can look at them and wonder why there's a million - we've totally ran out of business cards and waiting on printing department.

This "black hole" of information is very concerning...

• @Panglossian said in What’s pushing the Pint orders back?:

It's just that when the Pint was announced - no where did it say this was a pre-order.

people keep saying that, and it's a common refrain on reddit, too, but i don't see how one could order something like this on the day it was announced and not understand that it was a pre-order. that's just standard when making high-tech, cutting edge stuff. computers are like that all the time, so maybe that's why i just assumed it was a pre-order, but i swear it did say pre-order when i went through the process. maybe i'm wrong. either way, i was ready for it to be a month or so of waiting. of course, i was just as mad as anyone when it slipped to 3+ months.

the postcard and email i eventually received did mention that they were building this ginormous new facility, so it's implied that it was part of the delay, but it's a huge fail on their part not to make that much more prominent in their messaging up front. i do agree that they really should be better about communicating what is going on, and i definitely think we should not have been charged until they ship -- that's what makes me the most angry about the delay: a hat, an aluminum cup, and a little toy are absolutely NO compensation for the $1k loan i gave them for over three months, interest-free.