Your Pint Shipping Date

• @Mark-Vlogs it's been completely paid in March when I ordered it.

I'm hoping they put my order on hold to avoid delaying it, but I'm guessing someone messed up delaying my order and now it's on hold. Worst case scenario, there's a problem because it's an international order (I haven't seen non-US Pints on the leaderborads).

I'll shoot them an email, they can start off their day with me complaining :D

• @Nikola I would phone them, I emailed to cancel my order and heard nothing, I phoned and it was all done with 2 minutes. It could be regarding customs duties?

• @Mark-Vlogs said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

I would phone them, I emailed to cancel my order and heard nothing, I phoned and it was all done with 2 minutes.

i agree -- call if you can. they are super nice and you'll know much more quickly.

• @Mark-Vlogs @Franko thanks for the idea. I'll give them a few more hours (as it's not even 8am in San Jose) and then phone them.

It could be regarding customs duties?

Could be, but I doubt it since I've imported similarly sized items from the US before and had to deal with the customs myself. Then again Amazon does try to withhold fees. Either way I'll post as soon as I have more info :)

• Had a call with customer service. Apparently my country doesn't accept shipments of "dangerous" goods. Their suggestion was to ship it to a neighboring country and drive there to pick it up 😭

I asked why no one bothered to check if shipment was possible for almost five months, the response was that the shipping team checks addresses only before shipping.

Needles to say, I'm very disappointed with FM. I can forgive the delays, but not checking if you're actually able to fulfill the order is just bad. If I hadn't been checking the tracker, who knows if they would have even contacted me about this. I give them a big 0 for customer communication.

I cancelled my order and will be getting a refund, so no float for me 😛

P.S. If you live in a country where you haven't seen a OW before. Do yourself a favor and call to check if shipment is actually possible.

P.P.S. Some of you might actually get a OW soon since they actually tried to ship mine.

• @Nikola OH NO, that’s really poor service. They were ale your full address when placing the order, they should have a better system in place. Whereabouts are you?

• @Nikola NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! With you out the running it looks like of the people who have posted their order numbers / estimated delivery dates on this site I'm up next. Still holding at 7/26 on DWMOW site, but I'm bracing mentally for it to be well into August before my first float.

• @Mark-Vlogs I'm in Serbia. The only relevant info I could find is an IATA/ICAO ruling banning lithium batteries on passenger planes, so it might apply to the EU as well. But who knows what info they have.

• @Nikola I would order one from a company in Bulgaria and drive for a day. Get your money back and put your name down for when Droppin Shop get them

• @Mark-Vlogs that was my plan before the Pint was announced, but honestly I'm tired of waiting.

The OW was supposed to be my daily commute solution, so I've been getting by with cabs/walking/car pooling for the last few months. I think I'll just get an e-scooter before the summer is over. I'll think about the OW if I happen to go to any of the nearby countries after they have the Pint in stock.

• @b0ardski I asked about that, I was told the pint is recommended up to 250lbs.

• @Nikola That’s where I’m at, although my local shop is only a couple of hours away, I’ve put a deposit down for when they arrive in stock.

• @ZeroVoice said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

@b0ardski I asked about that, I was told the pint is recommended up to 250lbs.

And the minimum is what, 50#. that make the median wieght 150# IE peak performance

• @Nikola said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

I asked why no one bothered to check if shipment was possible for almost five months, the response was that the shipping team checks addresses only before shipping.

oh, that's TERRIBLE! i agree, they definitely should've warned you when you placed the order, or at the very least much much sooner. bad, FM, BAD!

• @Nikola so sorry to hear this i ecco what everyone else was saying.. very bad by fm.

I hope you find a way to get somehow.

This has got me thinking.. im not even going ot risk taking this abroad.. not worth the hastle especially if your plane stops off at certain countries.

• @Franko @Daymos thanks for the support. FM really dropped the ball on this one.

A colleague offered to ship to his parents house in a neighbouring country, but since I already cancelled my order (and I don't expect FM to give me back my spot in line), I'm not going to wait another month or two for a new order. And who knows, maybe that country has the same problem, I certainly don't expect FM to know 😂

I've ordered an e-scooter, maybe I'll try to get a OW before the next summer.

• @Nikola I certainly hope you have fun on your scooter and hope that it’s not too long before you come back to a OW.

• @Nikola said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

I've ordered an e-scooter, maybe I'll try to get a OW before the next summer.

hopefully by then FM will have figured out how to have adequate information for all countries during their order process!

• It is now 7/27, and maybe its possible but I have my doubts about something being shipped out on a Saturday. Reviewed my calendar and the previous estimated dates. I have been within one week of shipping 5 times so far, with it moving twice since it was 7 days or less.

It is honestly embarrassing. I've told friends "so I'm getting an electric board in a week" and just left out that I gave someone $1,000 FIVE MONTHS AGO. At first no one noticed but now that I've said "one week" a few times people have figured out that I paid for something a long time ago that isn't here.

FM has a responsive customer service line. They have a forum for people to vent. And given where they operate (San Jose) those two things alone put them above their geographic peers. Can't say how many messages I've sent to Google begging to give them money for some type of customer support.

That being said, five months after giving FM a lot of money, the only thing I have to show for it is a bunch of friends who think I've been scammed. Not a good feeling at all.

• @steak buddy looks like you can use some rest from checking your order status. Don't get me wrong. I'm completely there with you. It's just that it is not 7/27 today, nor is today Saturday. 😁