Your Pint Shipping Date

• @sinah said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

And FWIW, if you leave in southern California you probably don't give a damn if summer is over before you receive your OW. I wouldn't either. Many people though would effectively have to wait for another year before they can enjoy their ride.

i don't live in S. Cal. either, but i do visit on occasion. i live in Northern NV, and we get all four seasons, with snow, etc., and FWIW, i've seen videos of people who live in the eastern and northern US riding their OW boards in wet and even snowy conditions, so i would not worry too much about only being able to ride it for 3 months out of the year. With the right tire, it might actually be almost an all-year-round ride.

• Yeah mine was Aug 20th and has slipped back a few times to the 28 now. Really hoping it moves up as it gets closer but at this rate I’ll be well into Sept...

• @sinah you're right, you didn't say "hate" anywhere, that was just how I interpreted your last comment, that you were "genuinely pissed now."

I can certainly see where you are coming from after reading this. I'm guessing that the main difference between our 2 experiences is that I can't imagine a situation in which I'd throw down $1k for something I knew so little about. I researched the crap outta the pint and even then still hemmed & hawed over the purchase until the final day of pre-order availability. Maybe this purchase wasn't that big of a deal to you (no judgement and good on you if so), for me it was an investment and I needed to ensure I knew exactly what I was getting before I committed to it.

In May, when FM announced the delays, did they not send you the mini 3D printed Pint as compensation? I know that was a bit of a stab to the heart, but it was NOT by any means required of them and I felt FM really went above and beyond with that gesture.

• @a1katie thanks for your understanding. Yes I was upset. I AM upset, but I really don't equate being upset with hate. I keep watching every YouTube video and liking them with eagerness dreaming for the day I can ride mine.

Yes. You probably are right that when I dropped the $1k I didn't do as much research as you have done. I did some. But it didn't even occur to me to check when the product was released, and ironically I really needed it back then for my particular commute situation so I may have rushed it a bit.

I may even look into what Franko suggested and find out how/if I can safely ride during the raining season (I don't think I would do in snow) but that doesn't really change the fact that they dropped the ball on this and they keep doing it.

I did receive the mail back when they sent it but that actually came way after I saw delay after delay. I check my status like 50 times a day. That's how excited I am to finally hopefully one day get mine. Beside this last post, you can never find me complain about any of it. So I was surprised when you said you don't understand all the hate. It's all good. 😊

• @a1katie said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

I'm guessing that the main difference between our 2 experiences is that I can't imagine a situation in which I'd throw down $1k for something I knew so little about. I researched the crap outta the pint and even then still hemmed & hawed over the purchase until the final day of pre-order availability.

i did the same thing. i fretted and researched and thought about it until the window for the Sage colorway was about to close, and then jumped in. i had seen OneWheels on the playa at burning man the year before, and i REALLY wanted one, but the price point was just too much for me until the Pint was announced. I think what else really went into my mindset was that i had kickstarted another product a couple years before that cost much more than the Pint (approx. $1400, all told, honestly) and i waited about a YEAR AND A HALF for that to finally be in my hands, so waiting 4 months was really not bad at all as far as i was concerned. now, i know the Pint wasn't a kickstarter product, but it's true that it was basically run like one, ahem...

• @Franko said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

i had kickstarted another product a couple years before that cost much more than the Pint (approx. $1400, all told, honestly) and i waited about a YEAR AND A HALF for that to finally be in my hands

Yeah. I had a somewhat similar kickstarter experience except that in my case after about the year and a half wait, they just filed for chapter 11 and I never saw a dime of my money back. Thankfully that wasn't $1400, but then again I was well aware of the risks when I backed the project, and still it was upsetting to be left with nothing after all of that. This time, it wasn't advertised as such to me.

Anyhow, right now I can't do anything but wait. That's not true, I can cancel, but I'd feel even worse if I do that being so close to the finish line. So I'll just wait :)

• @sinah hang in there, your day will come!

Also, just putting it out there, I’ve seen video footage of people onewheeling in the snow! Granted it was a hard pack, but still snow!

• @sinah yikes, they filed for chapter 11? no wonder you're feeling like "once bitten, twice shy"! i wouldn't blame you. but i'm with @a1katie -- keep the faith. the Pint is really great. all my worries and thoughts of cancelling evaporated the moment i held it in my hands.

• Future moton did not make it clear before sale how long the wait would be.. it said something like shipping in may...

When i handed over my money the dude wheres my one wheel system was all i had and my expected date was july at the time.. a whole 2 months later..

On its mid August now and im dealing with it.. if it goes to September I may cancel but thats another story.

My point is.. there was no way to find this out before hand and that part has annoyed many people

We shouldnt belittle people who feel the communication is poor because it is very poor.

We also shouldnt try to say how people should or shouldnt feel if blessed enough to not be in the same situation as them anymore.

• @Daymos said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

We shouldnt belittle people who feel the communication is poor because it is very poor.

i don't believe anyone is belittling anyone, just offering different perspectives. and i think we ALL agree that FM's communication is very poor and needs significant improvement.

• @Franko im not starting a war here.. those who know... know.

• @a1katie I do most my shopping on Amazon and other major retailers' sites. I'm to assume u never have. 3 day shipping means -- 3 days from the moment u placed ur order. Quite simple, no thorough investigation needed prior to purchase.

• @brahlay umm, no it does not. I work in retail lol. 3 day shipping means it will be delivered 3 days after it has shipped.

• @a1katie U r technically correct. I'm just used to most U.S. retailers shipping the same day the order's placed. So when OW had zero info regarding 'preorder' on their site, at the time I purchased, I assumed it would ship soon-after.

Anyway, I'm mainly "getting at u" bcuz u said somethin like, it was obvious it was a preorder, and it truly wasn't.

• @brahlay @a1katie I and many others thought we would have it a week after ordering, but that’s all water under the bridge now. They are being shipped but incredibly slowly, I know someone estimated they would be making 250 per day, I think that’s way off the mark, I f they were then the shipping dates would be decreased immediately, I think they’re making more like 30 per day.

• It would be nice if FM would give us a better idea of just how many are being built a day. At least then we would have a better idea of where we’re at in the process. At this point we’re just seeing our ship date get pushed further and further out.
    On top of that I’m seeing some pop up on eBay for absurd prices. I understand supply and demand but man $600 over list !

• @brahlay said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

it was obvious it was a preorder, and it truly wasn't.

i am one of those who DID assume it was a preorder. it was a new product announcement, so it just made sense to me. i was surprised when people were upset about it at first.

• @Franko I'm wondering if u and others see any issue with having to 'assume' anything when making a purchase, esp. 'assuming' it's a preorder... what a joke! This is the pressing issue. It obviously wasn't clearly stated on the site, anywhere at the time of early purchases, like mine and others'. If it was, there would be no assumptions or misunderstandings from anybody to address. Make sense?

• @brahlay again, I did a TON of research before placing my order. The only thing I assumed at the time was that a 2 month production window for a brand new domestic factory was not going to be realistic.

TBH I guess that’s the heart of why we’ve had such different experiences. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I placed my order and I fully expected delays to begin with.

• I saw this product many years ago but it was too expensive

I saw adverts and videos of the pint in Feb/ March I think and kept an eye on the situation.

I was tempted to place an order in March but finally took the plunge in May just around the time of the big set back.

I knew it wasnt ready when i placed the order but they advertised shippng in June or July.. i really cant remember now so i knew i would have to wait atleast a month or two.

I think the issue is communication... they would string people along up until a day before their estimated dispatch date only to be pushed back a few weeks.

I'm sure we can all agree the level of communication back then and even now is pretty poor.... and because of that i dont think anyone is to blame if they assmumed the expected norm.