Your Pint Shipping Date

• @Franko said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

my Sage Pint definitely says 170Wh

Just checked, same same!!!!!! 😞

Perhaps, this is how we stake our claim on new sage side rails? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• @a1katie said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

Just checked, same same!!!!!! 😞

well, i'm torn -- if it's true we can get correctly-marked models, that's really a good idea if we plan to try and fly with them. on the other hand... instantly-identifiable early models in the limited edition color! (collector's item??)

haha

• @Nikola so mate after nearly a week trying to get in touch with support I can confirm I'm in the same boat as you are :(. Ordered a couple hours after the announcement, went "in production" last week (for the second time, first time in May before the first 5 week bump) then started reporting the same "order on hold" you got at the end of last week.

I'm from New Zealand.

Pretty PO'd about this, beyond just the general horrendous lack of comms from them:

• The ordering process at the time the Pint came out wouldn't let you order a Plus or XR with my address (I tried, and contacted support about it a short while prior to the Pint release)
    • They sent me that friggen plastic placatory gesture - to NZ!

Pretty difficult not to feel like this was at best hugely negligent on their part, and more likely intentionally unethical business conduct. The ordering process would have to have been intentionally enabled to use our countries as shipping addresses.

Anywho; that's my long built-up rant. I guess part of my aggravation is that I was clearly naive assuming they'd somehow sorted shipping for the Pint!

At least there'll be another slate pint available to someone else!

• @Franko perhaps ask FM

If your 170wh board is already battered and bruised and your accessories haven't come yet.. try and swap your pint around the same time your accessories show up 😉

• Well I am getting very close to my cut off date. It's really not funny anymore. It used to be that every other day my ship date would slip by one day now every day it slips multiple times each time by multiple days. Last week I was set for 5th, now it's 19th. I told my wife this morning September first would be a hard date for me and to my extreme disappointment it really doesn't look like I'm gonna make it after all these months. Pathetic

• WTF my date is now 27th August and was mid August just last week and early August before then.

I half jokingly said my date will move between Sep 1st and 15th but at this rate I can see it moving to late September.

My cut off date is pushing forward every day.

The only positive is I will have my money back.

• Yup. My ship date just slipped by a whole week. August 23rd now.

• @Daymos said in Your Pint Shipping Date:

perhaps ask FM
    If your 170wh board is already battered and bruised and your accessories haven't come yet.. try and swap your pint around the same time your accessories show up 😉

indeed! if i could get through to them, i'm definitely going to ask. i spent a half hour yesterday being disconnected over and over and over, just trying to get info about my accessories. perhaps i'll try again today.

• Race for the Rail started yesterday (r u going @Franko?). TBH, I don’t think anyone is even at FM’s HQ now, unfortunately I think you’ll have to wait till next week to get any real answers from anyone there.

• @sinah that was also my hard cutoff but honestly I've been thinking more about the reasons I wanted this and for me it's just for commuting. Our public transit for anyone wanting to go east/west is non existent (aka a place 3 miles away takes 50 minutes on a good day to get to by public transit).
    This seemed like the highest quality, yet lowest price option and the tire's size is really reassuring for our sh*tty roads and questionable sidewalks.

But I need something sooner as I'm commuting west a lot and it's getting old fast. And it seems like there's a lot of scooters with large tires and way better range than the pint at the same price (or cheaper) so honestly I'm just going to cancel today.

I think this will be/is a really fun device but for me, there are other options. I hope you all get yours soon! And your accessories!

• @meowers that's very sad. You know I also initially ordered this for my commute. There was a tremendous amount of big construction projects on my way to work that was to last about 6 months and were heavily affecting the traffic, tripling my commute time. That's when I started looking for an alternative and fell in love with this thing without having even tried a onewheel before. Guess what? it's already been about 5 months since then and the streets are largely back to normal. I ended up riding my bike in the meantime. So I don't really need this for commute anymore. I just want it for the joy, but can't really say that I'm enjoying my current situation.

Beyond all of that I'm just sad that the next time they come up with a cool product like this one, I highly doubt they'd get this much enthusiasm. Consumer trust is the biggest asset any company can ever have once you burn through it it'll be very tough to replace.

• @a1katie haha, no -- but i did think about going!

• @Franko silly question. I've been wondering how do you guys do the "footnote" in your posts? What's the trick? :-P

• @sinah edit your “signature” in your account profile

• I’m getting really curious what the real world applications of commuting on a Pint will be like.

I have a really varied commute. I drive for 35 mins, take a train for 45 mins and then have to walk another 15. As I’ve mentioned before, that 15 min walking section and navigating the vast Train parking lot were the “justification” I used to finally commit to my Pint order. But now that I’ve had it in my hands a bit, I’m realizing the thing really is not THAT light weight, when I’m on the train I’ll have to lay it on the ground. There’s also absolutely no way for me to carry it (without the fender I’m still missing) and not get road dirt all over my clothes. In reality I’m beginning to think the Pint is more for the commuter who lives a short distance from work and just doesn’t want to drive it.

All that said, I’m still going to give Commuting on the Pint a shot. Even if I decide in the end it’s not worthwhile, I’m not by any means upset or disappointed with my Pint order since I’ve realized it’s off road capabilities make it just a valuable to me in recreation.

• @a1katie i know it's an added expense, and they aren't shipping them yet (sometime this month, though), but i ordered one of the Craft & Ride backpacks for the Pint. that is going to help me carry it around. it looks super slick:

https://craftandride.com/products/superow-backpack-for-onewheel-pint

• @a1katie I totally get how they might not be the right commute choice for everyone. For me, I carpool with my wife and daughter and that allows us to use the express lane in freeway for free and very quickly get to the vicinity of all our destinations. Then those last few miles take a while in the city traffic especially given that we'd have to drive to one and then the other before finally getting to the last destination. So what I wanted to do was to get off the car at my daughter's school and float to work so my wife can also drive directly to her work after that. That also means I won't be really carrying the board myself. Would just put it in the trunk.

Of course I'd have to wait and hopefully see how that turns out to be in practice.

• I live just outside of Boston and commute to it and Cambridge (which is the more difficult of the two).
    I already don't commute by car since it'd take forever and parking is ridiculously expensive ($45 a day).
    My commute is really unpredictable so I was hoping one of these e devices could make it consistent at least during all seasons that aren't winter.
    Instead of 30 minutes to 2 hours, it'd be about 35 minutes consistently. Definitely worth the cost to me.

• Just got an Email from FM, saying they will be ramping up production soon. But haven't they said that many times in the past few weeks? The email used the same BS lines we've been getting from them for months now.

• @TyDie I got that email also.

I saw someone I follow on insta recieved their black fender and it looks amazing.

Its not dark grey but more jet black