Why buy Used?

• Dunno man,

I regularly see them for sale on Craigslist, FB Marketplace, and even on this forum and the OWOG for <$1500

• @Motoproponent Maybe you are in an area where they are more popular. In Boston they are pretty rare still. I haven't seen any on Craigslist so far. I haven't really checked FB marketplace though. On EBay they seem to start below $1500, but by the time the auction ends, the ones I have seen are all above $1700.

I guess it's a good sign that the resell value is so high. That way I won't lose much if I buy new and end up not liking it.

I assumed the warranty would be transferable for used XRs, though. Is this not the case?

• @gradyoactive are you in the Boston Onewheel group on Facebook? Good place to look for local sales also.

• @gradyoactive If you are careful in the beginning and don't hurt yourself, I can't imagine you not liking it...

• those were my thoughts exactly, and the peace mind of factory service if some is wrong.
    I think the pint delays are fueling demand. when the pints start flowing those willing to pay 95% of retail for used/old firmware will be few.

• Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I joined the Boston FB group. Seems like people sell them on there fairly frequently.

2 questions, though:

If I buy someone's recently purchased, lightly used XR, would I not be able to transfer the warranty over to me?

And isn't the firmware upgradeable to the current version?

• I bought mine, a + a year ago for $1,200.00 with 86 miles on it (now 760). The guy had an ER visit fall, put a fender and fangs on it, then decided to hang it up. I saw a few on Craigslist for $800.00 but every time I called they were gone. BTW, the fangs have saved me twice from nosedives.

• @gradyoactive

You can email FM with the 10 digit serial number, theyll tell you when the warranty is up.

It is transferrable

• @gradyoactive I just purchased a used, month old XR with 85 miles on eBay for $1400 and shipping was included. I was patient and looked for the auctions with the “make an offer” tab. Some folks may just need a quick buck and instead of pawning the OW they just throw it on eBay. I also bought a Plus the same way and couldn’t be happier. I check out the completed auctions and see people spending buko bucks on beat up Onewheels and just scratch my head.

• @mustugio11 Wow, that's a great deal! Thanks for the advice. I hadn't considered making a lowball offer on EBay. Good idea.