Uh oh, another ship slip

• @OneDan said in Uh oh, another ship slip:

@Mark-Vlogs said in Uh oh, another ship slip:

I really hope FM have learnt from this and in future don’t release a product until it’s on the shelf.

I guarantee they didn't, this is EXACTLY the same as when both the + and the XR came out (for those of us around long enough to remember)!

In both cases, I watched everyone on this forum lamenting their order delays and I waited until they were shipping before I placed my order. I do agree, they really need to manage the announcements and deliveries of their new products WAY better.

Exactly my experience as well... I was actually hoping the Pint would be different because they are a bigger company now and really pushed the advertising and social media game for it.

I think my OW+ slipped by 12 week something like that. The XR was only 2 or 4 weeks.

• Surely, no company should be allowed to just move the ship date again and again and again as if though customers are nothing. I have never once been contacted by a human about the delays, no apologies, zero customer service.

1,000USD and a customer waiting for their product half way across the world is obviously just nothing to this company.

• My shipping estimate has slipped back twice in one day. They really have no idea when these things are going to ship

• I'm thinking it's a computer that is coming up with the shipping dates and it's doing an extremely bad job of it. lol. It's actually so comical I can't even begin to get upset by it.
    I'll get mine when I get it, I just ordered a couple days ago. Hey maybe it'll be here by Christmas.

• @Senior-Coffee The dates seem to be pretty on-point these days. Haven't had a slip for weeks myself (I have 3 days left!), and many other people are reporting that they are getting a tracking number the day before or the day of the estimated shipping date.

• @Alki_Soupboy my estimated shipping date is 28th August.

It feels weird in almost there after 3 months... anyone else feel strange as their date approached?

I'll find out today if mine gets shipped a day early like some others have reported.

Mine is being sent to the UK with accessories so I hope they all come together... will be cheaper for them to send 1 package I'm sure unless accessories high cost factors in their solo delivery costs.

• @Daymos I’m interested in seeing how much your custom charges and import duties costs. I estimated it to be about 300.

• @Mark-Vlogs I'll keep you posted

If its 2 separate deliveries I wonder if it would make a difference to how they calculate this random charge.

The product costs approx £800 overall so I wonder what the customs charge it set at?

• @Daymos I think you’ll pay 20% Vat on the full price inclusive of shipping. When I bought mine I was charged £940 including shipping.

Then on top of this another 2.6 - 6% plus vat for import duty.

This is another reason why I ordered the second time from a UK supplier, my total cost is £995, but still no word as to when it’ll arrive.

• @Mark-Vlogs I think I paid £980 in total and that was the $1200 package I believe.

So you say £300 should be a good figure to prepare for?

• @Daymos it should be less thank that, I was working on £300 and hoping that it would be £200. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• @Mark-Vlogs cheers... good luck to you too.

Now I have to try and guess how long delivery takes across the pond. :)

• @Daymos I used to buy things from China, I would often have them in my hand 36hrs after placing the order. I would suggest it’s going to take about a week, you will probably be contacted by Fedex when it’s in the UK asking for some spondoolies.