Pints in the Wild... Post What Is Good / Not So Good. LET THE RIDE BEGIN!

• @a_onekatie Awesome thanks for the info! I will for sure check out the video... I’m a newbie to FM and can’t wait to get mine ESD 8/22

• @a_onekatie
    Glad the Pint is treating you nicely. Slow and steady to learn how the motor works with you.... On the steeper up hill I reduce speed just a bit and add some slight carve back and forth vs straight up... Should help adding some angle in....

• @a_onekatie said in Pints in the Wild... Post What Is Good / Not So Good. LET THE RIDE BEGIN!:

Going really well! I wish I could get more time in during the week, but just been too dang busy lately.

oh man, that's MY problem, too. such irony! i waited months for this, and now i don't have any time to ride it more than quick errands here and there, haha. but i'm now seriously considering taking it to burning man next week, so then i'll have 10 days with PLENTY of opportunity. i wasn't going to bring it, but now i think i really can't resist it.

• @Franko do it! 🤘🏻

• @sandsurfer no wet sand, but yes to dry and weedy sand and we just floated right thru.

I’ve seen video footage of the plus and xr on wet sandy beaches and they did just fine. I can’t imagine the Pint would have any issues.

• @LidPhones good tip, ty!

• @Franko
    That is the perfect kind of venue to OW in..... A virtual fantasy land wide open for some TerraSurfing! I would go all NIKE on that.....

• @LidPhones
    it's where i first saw OW models a couple years ago, and what made me want one. i wasn't going to bring it just because i'm worried about charging it (we tent camp) and also theft, but now i think i really can't resist bringing it. i may lock it in the car, hidden, when i'm not using it and not charging it. i haven't checked conditions on the playa yet this year, but my worry is that i'll be barreling along on some nice hardpack and suddenly hit a soft spot, lol - SUPERMAN!

• Ok So here goes a first 5 Mile night ride break down:

*Compared to the standard sized OW V1 to XR the Pint seems like a very solid build (no Rattles from internal ferrite coils).
    *Deck size and stance are narrower and thinner but did not really impact me that much (even with my size 12 kicks). Only real thing I had to watch was any drifting in my stance (needed to stay a bit squeezed) as I was used to a wider stance on the XR.
    *The tire diameter provides a very responsive and firm road feel (like riding in a car and you went from 60 profile tires to 50s).
    *Motor torque and power are inline with the XR (same motor and battery tech) and that was expected.
    *Simple stop is a great "getting to know the OW" feature as it makes stopping predictable and repeatable. I did about two start/stops and immediately wanted to go back to what I knew and the ability to ride in both directions. I was expecting it to go and it would just Simple Stop on me. Do not get me wrong @Future-Motion did an amazing job on this feature to get everyone riding.

• Pushback is a whole new thing on the Pint (dang it really tilts you abruptly up) but I expect FM wanted to have it feel more of an on/ off thing vs the gradual lift that happens on all other OW models.
      *Range is what it is and for sure a 100% level will be needed for me in the future as 65% to start with some hills did not last long about 3 miles....
      *Charging seems slow even compared to the XR which has almost 2.4 times the Wh rating. I will be making an adapter to use my XR charger for sure. That will boost the charge Amps up. Though I do like the Pint sized charge brick.

Ok that is enough for now. More to come....

507C73CE-92C1-48E3-8FFF-FCC72F7C5B3D.png

• @Franko
    BM would be sweet event to one day attend.... Yeah the transition from solid to not solid terrain can nasty. I feel the narrower Pint tire will suffer even more on this aspect. The XR has a hard enough time as it is... I will be test this factor out soon on the Pint and report back....

• @LidPhones said in Pints in the Wild... Post What Is Good / Not So Good. LET THE RIDE BEGIN!:

*Charging seems slow even compared to the XR which has almost 2.4 times the Wh rating. I will be making an adapter to use my XR charger for sure. That will boost the charge Amps up. Though I do like the Pint sized charge brick.

Huh, really? How long does the XR take to charge? I don’t think I’ve had to leave my board plugged in longer than an hour ever to recharge it and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by that speed. Before receiving mine I was assuming that the rapid charger would be essential once I start commuting but now I’m actually very happy I saved money there.

• @LidPhones in previous years i'd see someone on a OW and i'd be dying to ask them about it and maybe even beg a ride, but either they were going too fast and were gone, or i was too intimidated to ask. now that i will have my own Pint, i'm hoping to be able to chat with other OW owners there more. (THEY will probably be stopping ME to ask about the Pint, haha)

• @a_onekatie
    The XR for me takes about 1.3 hours or so depending on my lower % start point. Most of the time from maybe 20% I am done in an hour-ish, the last 5% takes takes a long time.... I know the charge rate for the Pint factory module is locked with 1.3 Amps so using the XR charger will get you up to ~3.2 Amps at the 63 VDC output. Plus I already have it so why not use it right?. One hour is not bad for the Pint but I guess I am always ready to ride after a short break, LOL....

• @Franko
    Absolutely you will get asked "What is that THING?".... Most people are super nice and even ask if they can try. The nice thing with the Pint is you can turn on Simple Stop so they do not DIE trying to dismount. I had a couple guys try out my Pint with just 3 mile on it at the gas station where I was charging it last night.

• @Franko if you have time perhaps put a tracker chip inside it.

Could come in handy if you suddenly see if moving off the map

• Ok, I am starting to favor the Pint over the XR (Please do not bash me). The XR will alway be my distance Ride or Die but the Pint is so nimble and solid. I am still getting used to the Bam, Bam Pushback on the Pint (it will mellow once I get used to it). An easy 4 miles added over lunch... -❤️-

410A4706-8A84-4210-893B-775684210F65.png

• @Daymos i thought about it, but i don't think i'll have time before i leave next friday to order it, get it, and install it...

• Hey all, so I installed my fender Friday night after watching the instructional video in the app and noticed a few things I thought might be useful to others, especially as they seem to apply specifically to the Pint.

First, I guess I hadn’t looked close enough at the hardware on my board because I was assuming the screws required a regular Allen wrench. But in fact, it’s actually a special star shape. The manual calls it the “star key,” and does provide one for you within the fender installation kit. The instruction vid referred to it as an Allen wrench tho so I’m guessing this is different from the other models.

The bummer here is that, while the star shape is cute, it isn’t the most practical. I noticed right away that the shape is extremely easy to accidentally strip (so don’t over tighten!). Luckily they do provide 4 extras in the kit, which actually leads me to my next discrepancy with the installation app video.

The four screws provided were the same length as the originals I took off. Per the video I was expecting them to be longer. But the fender on the Pint actually replaces the part that was there before so I guess the screws don’t need to be any longer.

Anyway just a heads up. I’m going to start putting my own maintenance kit together so these new pieces are def going in there.

• Couple of Pint updates to share: Custom fender install and ran the battery down to 1% with some Captain Morgan low battery pushback (seems like the standard OW type pushback). I am still not a fan of @Future-Motion design on the speed pushback... I feel it is way to abrupt (might just be what I am used to on the XR).
    663FE336-04AA-4318-BC7D-45264C716751.jpeg

• @a_onekatie the "star key" is a Torx wrench or bit. I believe they use the T20 size on the Pint.