Add slight tilt to platform while carving

• Instead of a solid axle Or however the wheel is attached having the onewheel truly carve like a skateboard truck would be awesome. Might be just me but being able to lean into a carve with the onewheel carving with you and the platform being able to change angle while carving. Unless that’s truly impossible from an engineering standpoint, which I believe nothing is. I don’t know. Just a thought.

• @Brando

Do you have a OneWheel?

If so, have you actually ridden it?

:o)

• @Kielanders yes I do and many many times.

• @Brando

Then I'm mystified by your request.

You want it to carve like a skateboard truck?

You mean like, require 3 lanes of traffic to do a full U-Turn, instead of turning on a dime?

Are you only using Sequoia, have you tried Delirium Mode?

• stop complicating simplicity that works

• @b0ardski @Brando

Seriously, I was just joking with my first question Brando, but I am a little confused as to what you're going for.

When I first started, I stayed with Sequoia (which is very tight) for the first 100, then I graduated to Cruz.

I saw a vid a couple days ago with a guy saying, if you feel like you're fighting the board, give Delirium a try.

I love Delirium, it's improved my trail riding so much. I didn't like the loosey-goose feeling at first, but now I'm addicted. I can effortlessly make my carves as big as a parking lot or turn in an instant.

• @Kielanders no dude. I mean instead of a rigid platform have it tilt slightly to the right or left depending on the turn so you can actually do carves at way faster speeds. Think of banked racetracks instead of a flat street. That’s why those exist for racers. Guess you just don’t understand my thinking and Yes I understand the onewheel carves but It can be improved.
    Have you ever been on a skateboard

• @Brando

Was probably skateboarding before you were born Cupcake. But, to each his own. My board rocks & rolls depending on the setting. We didn't have long boards back in the day, at least where I grew-up in Florida, so perhaps you're referring to that?

Shoot me a vid if you have one, of the type of skateboard performance you're looking for that a OW doesn't have - you've got me interested.

• @Kielanders I get ya. But this is a wishlist forum right? An area to share ideas some might be good some might be bad. Was just sharing something that I thought would improve it and maybe didn’t explain it very well.
    When you snowboard you don’t ride with the board completely flat on the snow and I understand the tire is the leverage for turning but also having the platform tilt slightly, nothing crazy, may actually improve carvability. That’s all I was getting at.
    Cheers!

• @Brando

I'm with ya now. 'Snowboard' is where I missed you. Like I said, grew up in Florida, in the 70s . . . not a great place for snow sports.

• @Kielanders probably not too much longer. Been skating for 40yrs.

• @Brando

Damn Dude! You're old like me!

Let me guess, you're reading this with your reading glasses right now . . . just like me.

• @Kielanders like I said I probably didn’t explain it very well and only my second post.
    Appreciate the discussion though!!
    Thanks!! Have a good one!

• @Kielanders where’s the reading glasses emoji. LOL!!
    Now I’m afraid of your comments on my buyback program idea 😂

• so now the software has to add in the variable of axle tilt as well???
    we actually carve firmware as much as carving a rubber tire
    not pickin on ya Brando, just looking at what it'll take

• @Brando

Well, about the buyback program - I think I'm too emotionally attached to my XR to ever sell it. So, whenever the +XR++ comes-out, we'll just be adding to the family.

I've told my wife that when I die, I want a Viking Funeral with my OW in our bay - me and Boardy will be going down together on a flaming paddle board (god that sport looks boring af), while the otters gather-round and hold vigil cracking oysters on their bellys.

• @Kielanders haha, nice! Actually adding the concaved footpads actually helped a lot. Just installed them. Yeah I’m still on V1, which is why I wished there was a buyback or upgrade program. I’m a skater at heart so when the boards done it’s done!!
    Have a good one dude!!

• @b0ardski I understand. I come from skating and snowboarding, so thats the thought behind it. Just a little bit better lean at speed and I admit I’m also still figuring all this onewheel stuff out, but thought maybe just a slight lean of the board too might help at high speeds only. Not slower or trick type speeds. And I could be completely wrong.
    Have a good one!

• @Brando I like to "lean at speed"too but a tire and axle aint a metal edge
    alt text

• @b0ardski I know dude. Again it was a thought. I also realized there just isn’t the space for that to happen anyways. That pic ain’t 3’ of Utah fresh pow that’s why I thought of the lean of the platform to more emulate that.
    Hey at least we got a good discussion out of it and I agree now that’s not needed. Thanks!