Shoes

• So once again I've stumbled upon an issue that is common discussion and have to interject with a resolution. So many people are dealing with foot fatigue and looking for the right shoes trying to wear skate shoes to float, hiking shoes to float, running shoes . . . To float. So it's on us to contact shoe manufacturers and wake them up to the market demands of purpose made float shoes. Footwear made specifically to improve the quality of enjoyment, comfort, control and demands of the recreation is the only proper solution. You wouldn't go snowboarding in running shoes or running in work boots or welding in sandals so why not pull the manufacturer's to the market? More time on the board leads to more boards sold leads to more people buying shoes leads to a growing market for anyone involved. And people will spend more for anything that improves the quality of their recreation so even though we are a small market at the moment we will afford a higher price point for something functional. But again, we can wait for them to notice the market while getting by, or make them notice the market and get something done.

• @phukendrew, I know a guy with a Onewheel and he says to wear Vans Pro. If that doesn't work, as you said, just any flat shoe that is some what descent.

• @phukendrew @Ethan_Sonberg yeah, I've just been assuming Vans or Cons are the way to go.

• @a1katie

Well I grew up a so-cal skater and was one of the many who put Van's on the map by being brand loyal to a backyard company. But because of the way they have handled a few things (if nothing else switch snowboard bindings) I've boycotted them since 2001. My personal feelings aside. A gel sole with a little arch support, a wear patch and proper padding for flight fins . . . My point is that theres a market for something made more specific made for the enthusiasts. And for us old guys flat soles aren't always the answer.

• @phukendrew sorry dude Vans forever!!

• @Brando I'm actually pretty impressed with globe's tilt. But for all the guys dealing with fatigue issues, purpose made float shoe would be cool to see happen.

• I’ve found that my 10 or 15 year old Vans work the best on my OW compared to my numerous pairs of hiking boots. Everyone experiences sore feet and muscles (unless they skated all the time) and the best cure is to just ride more to toughen your feet and body up.

• I tried flat shoes and found that a very soft tennis shoe with just a slight heal works better for me. I hv the V1 which is completely flat so the tennis shoes I'm using make a big difference. I feel more connected and my riding is much better.

• @Senior-Coffee

As long as you're not wearing tennis socks (with the little fuzzy balls) with your tennis shoes . . . you start that crap and we're taking your board and kicking you out of the club.

• @Kielanders How about socks and sandals?

• @DreamTour

That look has sorta grown on me over the years!

But, I gotta tell ya, it's gonna be some special kind of pain and reconstructive surgery if folks get their toes dragged into the space between the spinning wheel & the metal frame.

• @DreamTour said in Shoes:

How about socks and sandals?

@Kielanders said in Shoes:

i have long been a defender of that look, but due to public shaming i don't wear it outside the house. i don't get the scorn -- it makes great sense to me: your feet are protected but can breathe, and they stay cleaner! nobody wants to see other people's toenails, that's what i say. i am really looking forward to being old enough to not give a fffffff what people think about how i choose to dress, that's for sure, haha

• @Kielanders said in Shoes:

@Senior-Coffee

As long as you're not wearing tennis socks (with the little fuzzy balls) with your tennis shoes . . . you start that crap and we're taking your board and kicking you out of the club.

You saw my socks? 😮

• @Franko

My wife started doing that about a year ago. She wears these cute little hot pink 'athletic' soft rubber flops with toe socks!

At first I was like '. . . oh, god.', now it's not so bad.

I'd just be too worried to do it and having a de-gloving injury if the board got squirrelly and sucked my toes in.

• If I use my tyedye socks w/sandles nobody bats an eye
    as if I cared

• @Franko said in Shoes:

@DreamTour said in Shoes:

How about socks and sandals?

@Kielanders said in Shoes:

i have long been a defender of that look, but due to public shaming i don't wear it outside the house. i don't get the scorn -- it makes great sense to me: your feet are protected but can breathe, and they stay cleaner! nobody wants to see other people's toenails, that's what i say. i am really looking forward to being old enough to not give a fffffff what people think about how i choose to dress, that's for sure, haha

LOL Franko, rest assured, as someone in the fashion industry I will tell you that you should be able to rock those socks + sandals these days without fear. That look has officially gone full circle now.

I personally hate toes too, and boycott all “peep toe” styles as well!

• I like my Vibram 5 finger shoes....they’re not too bad.

• If you think about it, each foot on a Onewheel has different criteria of importance. If all I am doing is Onewheeling sometimes I wear a skate shoe on my sensor foot with a different, comfortable shoe behind.

• Well, you all can go with what works for you, but as for me . . . full helmet, hi-tops, & a Speedo.

• @Kielanders said in Shoes:

& a Speedo

Agree! I have a speedo(meter) on my watch!