Pint Bluetooth issues?

• @Panglossian It’s a shame the Pint has this issue after all the people returning XR’s or controllers to FM for upgrades or repairs.

• @Mark-Vlogs said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

do you have any Bluetooth issues with the Pint?

i think my second day i noticed the app constantly trying to reconnect to the board, but i haven't noticed it doing that since then, or had any other issues with connectivity. as far as i know, everything is working smooth and as intended. maybe there was an app update within the past couple weeks that addressed it, and people should check and update?

• Hmm...I would say the connection is not super stable, but not absolutly terrible either. Mine is constantly disconnecting but updates accurately once I get it connected again. I seem to have the best results if I connect, and then leave the app open and phone in hand while riding. Not ideal tho, so it's been making me want an apple watch for the first time ever.

I hadn't realized people were having issues with this!

• @a_onekatie As soon as I put the phone in my pocket and the screen goes dark the watch will loose connection too. So, until they fix this issue the watch will not help you. I have to keep the phone awake and the app open for the watch to work. This is not how the XR works. On the XR, I do have to connect to the app then I can use the watch whenever without the phone being awake.

• I lose connection to my Pint even when it is just sitting next to me. This is with the app open. It will sometimes disconnect every few seconds.

• I not only lose connection often, but the app also will not post/report rides or mileage at times. I've had several instances where I will go for a couple miles (from my train stop to my workplace, for example) and I'll even check speed in the app during my ride. However, when I get to my destination and sit down to check, the app shows now mileage and still warns me of my impending day streak expiration at midnight.

Now, personally, I don't give a fig what my "ranking" is, so I'm not particularly bothered by the day streak thing. Mileage, though, I would have hoped was more accurately tracked. Maybe it's stored in the controller and just reports up next time along with any new mileage I put on the board? Anybody have any insight into this? Sometimes it does seem like it jumps more than I thought I rode... I'd like mileage to be accurate so I can understand how much wear and tear I've been putting on the board's motor/battery/tire/etc, not just the physical scratches and dings I can see (and yes, I've earned a few of those as well!). I'd hate to have to guesstimate an extra 20-30% on the mileage reporting.

This Pint is my first foray into the Onewheel world- liking it so far, but this Bluetooth thing has been frustrating, and I would have thought was a "solved" problem already...

• @BrettJB and others, this needs to be reported to @Future-Motion by everyone that has the issue, that's the only way they will even acknowledge, then hopefully fix it. The board holds the mileage, so don't worry about that. Even if you connect someone else's phone to the board, you will see the actual mileage. What is more concerning about this, and I'm speaking from experience with the XR bluetooth issue, is that you may miss two important warnings: top speed exceeded and 50% battery remaining.

So come on Pint riders, report this issue so it can be diagnosed and fixed while you still are under warranty! :)

• Okay, I'm on it today!

HERE is the link to submit a report to CS directly from the FM website, if people don't want to call.

• I’m definitely going to have to do some testing when my OneWheel Pint gets to me. I’m not expecting mine to not have BT issues but I want to see if there’s consistency.

• Filled out the FM form a few days ago. We’ll see what kind of response once I get

• Grrr, almost a week and no reply from FM

• @a_onekatie In my experience, a follow up phone call whenever they don't respond within a day is very helpful. I keep calling until someone picks up.

• i have not experienced this (or, at least, i haven't noticed this) bluetooth issue. why is it such a problem, if you don't need the app to ride, and it still tracks your mileage and battery usage when it does connect? i confess i don't haul out my phone while i'm riding, and it just hangs in a pocket over my front leg, which is guess is within FM's recommended connection window.

• @Franko While it's good to hear that you may not have this issue, besides it being an advertised feature of the boards, there are several other reasons I wouldn't put up with this issue on my XR (which I did end up getting fixed by FM).

One is that you can use a watch connected to the app on your phone to check battery level, distance traveled, and speed as you ride. If the phone won't connect, the watch connected to the phone gets no data either.

Even without the watch, the app can notify you when you hit 50% battery, in case you are riding away from home and want to know when to turn around.

In the early days of riding, I also used the top speed alarm to let me know if I was going way too fast which, again, will only work if the bluetooth connection to the board is intact.

On a side note, I (and others) have asked long ago for a feature in the app to allow the setting of a speed limit alarm, but @Future-Motion isn't very (or at all) responsive to such requests.

• @OneDan said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

In the early days of riding, I also used the top speed alarm to let me know if I was going way too fast which, again, will only work if the bluetooth connection to the board is intact.

Pretty much this^^^

I feel like I am still learning and the Bluetooth not working properly really effects my understanding of things like top speed and where/when I am feeling pushback and also how strong it is.

While commuting, it’s particularly frustrating when I can’t get it to recognize my board in the first place. Imagine, you’ve just off boarded a busy train, you’re geared up already and just want to get going— oh but wait, gotta reboot the app first.

• @OneDan said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

Even without the watch, the app can notify you when you hit 50% battery, in case you are riding away from home and want to know when to turn around.

ahh - makes sense. the 50% warning is very nice to have. as far as speed goes. i'm just trying to learn by feel, which is why i don't bother checking my phone. i guess if i had a watch that connected to the app, that would be a different story.

• Also, if I go for a ride and turn my app on at the beginning and then finish without checking the app again, if it’s been disconnected then I believe I’ve just lost all documentation of that ride. It’s frustrating that every time I end I basically have to take my phone out and set it on the board to get it to update 😞 and I don’t really believe anyone’s stats (Pint) are 💯 accurate.

LATER-

This is a great example from my parking lot ride just now:

I KNOW I got up over 15 MPH, kept the phone in hand the whole time and saw the blue wheel with the 15, but app still says my absolute max is 14.9 👿

• Is it not possible this is not just another user problem or your connection devices? I've connected with six different boards of all different types including a Pint with my little cheap Chinese Jelly phone with no problem. As matter of fact my range is 15-20ft or better on everything??? Just a thought. Plus that board comes with the led battery level sensor. As far as speed goes...who cares? If people stop looking at their phones and slow down, There probably would be no noes dives, push back problems and no need for training wheels. I don't think a self balancing one wheeled bidirectional skateboard was made for speed anyway. I got a couple VERY fast dowhill boards that have no motors that are made for speed if the cohones are there. They scare the crap out me .... But seriouly if anyone wants to sell me one cheap , let me know. I would love to have one. I could leave my stupid phone at phone at home. I love everything about the Pint just as is. Maybe they will come up with a new wamy jammy board soon any how. Y'all try to have fun and maybe chill a bit eh? LOL

• @a_onekatie said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

Also, if I go for a ride and turn my app on at the beginning and then finish without checking the app again, if it’s been disconnected then I believe I’ve just lost all documentation of that ride.

i swear i just read a statement from FM yesterday that said that the data is maintained when the app loses connection. not sure where i saw it, but it might have been quoted here.

• @Franko if that’s true then I definitely can prove it’s not working properly