Pint Bluetooth issues?

• @OneDan said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

In the early days of riding, I also used the top speed alarm to let me know if I was going way too fast which, again, will only work if the bluetooth connection to the board is intact.

Pretty much this^^^

I feel like I am still learning and the Bluetooth not working properly really effects my understanding of things like top speed and where/when I am feeling pushback and also how strong it is.

While commuting, it’s particularly frustrating when I can’t get it to recognize my board in the first place. Imagine, you’ve just off boarded a busy train, you’re geared up already and just want to get going— oh but wait, gotta reboot the app first.

• @OneDan said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

Even without the watch, the app can notify you when you hit 50% battery, in case you are riding away from home and want to know when to turn around.
    In the early days of riding, I also used the top speed alarm to let me know if I was going way too fast which, again, will only work if the bluetooth connection to the board is intact.

ahh - makes sense. the 50% warning is very nice to have. as far as speed goes. i'm just trying to learn by feel, which is why i don't bother checking my phone. i guess if i had a watch that connected to the app, that would be a different story.

• Also, if I go for a ride and turn my app on at the beginning and then finish without checking the app again, if it’s been disconnected then I believe I’ve just lost all documentation of that ride. It’s frustrating that every time I end I basically have to take my phone out and set it on the board to get it to update 😞 and I don’t really believe anyone’s stats (Pint) are 💯 accurate.

LATER-

This is a great example from my parking lot ride just now:

I KNOW I got up over 15 MPH, kept the phone in hand the whole time and saw the blue wheel with the 15, but app still says my absolute max is 14.9 👿

• Is it not possible this is not just another user problem or your connection devices? I've connected with six different boards of all different types including a Pint with my little cheap Chinese Jelly phone with no problem. As matter of fact my range is 15-20ft or better on everything??? Just a thought. Plus that board comes with the led battery level sensor. As far as speed goes...who cares? If people stop looking at their phones and slow down, There probably would be no noes dives, push back problems and no need for training wheels. I don't think a self balancing one wheeled bidirectional skateboard was made for speed anyway. I got a couple VERY fast dowhill boards that have no motors that are made for speed if the cohones are there. They scare the crap out me .... But seriouly if anyone wants to sell me one cheap , let me know. I would love to have one. I could leave my stupid phone at phone at home. I love everything about the Pint just as is. Maybe they will come up with a new wamy jammy board soon any how. Y'all try to have fun and maybe chill a bit eh? LOL

• @a_onekatie said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

Also, if I go for a ride and turn my app on at the beginning and then finish without checking the app again, if it’s been disconnected then I believe I’ve just lost all documentation of that ride.

i swear i just read a statement from FM yesterday that said that the data is maintained when the app loses connection. not sure where i saw it, but it might have been quoted here.

• @Franko if that’s true then I definitely can prove it’s not working properly

• @Enterusername I really don’t believe it’s device specific because the problem seems too widespread and predominant. Of all the Pint owners I’ve spoken to, you, Franko and a rando on Instagram are the only ones who don’t appear to have this issue.

As for why I care? Its because I would like to keep accurate documentation of all my stats. I mean if you think about, there really isn’t any other odometer. I’m not overly concerned with speed in general, but I would like to know exactly how fast I can get up to before I have to start worrying about nose dives. Most folks around here would tell you that 14mph isn’t all that fast at all. But mostly it just boils down to maintaining a thorough understanding of how my board works.

• @a_onekatie It's all good. I promise I am not trying to insult or question anyone's personal needs. All I meant to say is after over 1000mi on my V1 and few rides on various other models, I found none of the problems you guys are having. I did have a BT issue with my original Iphone 6s 2yrs ago, I accidentally drowned that piece of crap and got a new Iphone 6s insurance replacement. It gives me about 3 feet more range but my little Jelly phone kills it...like across the house in a different room reception. Happy trails....

• @Enterusername said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

I did have a BT issue with my original Iphone 6s 2yrs ago, I accidentally drowned that piece of crap and got a new Iphone 6s insurance replacement

ha! i HAVE an iPhone 6! 😆

• I’ve tried mine with multiple phones trying to rule things out. Bottom line is my Pint has horrible Bluetooth range. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to glance at my watch to see speed, mileage, or battery life. The only way I’ve gotten it to stay consistently connected is taping my phone to my fender. Not really a solution in my book. Still waiting to hear back from FM...

• @KWasch said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

I’ve tried mine with multiple phones trying to rule things out. Bottom line is my Pint has horrible Bluetooth range. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to glance at my watch to see speed, mileage, or battery life. The only way I’ve gotten it to stay consistently connected is taping my phone to my fender. Not really a solution in my book. Still waiting to hear back from FM...

This!

• when I touch my S8+ to the front foot pad it connects instantly, if my phone was Maxwel Smart's It'd be awesome, maybe a speedo and batt level readout on the toe
    alt text

• I got an official response from Onewheel today:

With the connection, ensure you connect to the app prior to beginning your ride. Strength will vary per phone. To utilize most app features, you should be at a stop and have the phone close or on top of your front footpad. Ensure you don't have 3rd party accessories that could prevent strength connectivity, such as magnets and thick cases.
    - Have the latest firmware & operating system
    - Make sure your phone is not connected to any other BT devices. If your connection goes in and out during the course of your ride, not to worry, your miles will still be logged.

If you're having issues with connection, your board's lightbar will help you with battery levels when you slow down/stop:
    White = Fully charged
    Yellow = Battery approaching low levels
    Red = It's time to recharge
    Let us know if you have any other questions/concerns and we'll be glad to help.

• @fotoflux1 Oh boy, this is the XR issue all over again with FM asking to try the basic stuff we all try when we have connection issues. @KWasch mentioned above he's tried multiple phones and, if it was the phone, we'd have connection issues to all kinds of bluetooth devices, not just the OW Pint. Just as with the XR, everyone has to keep pounding them with complaints until they finally allow someone to send it in for a REAL diagnosis. It took months for them to finally admit and diagnose this for the XR.

Fingers crossed . . .

• @b0ardski Oh hell yea, Max Smart shoe phones!!! I love the little rotatory dial and chin protector/mic and just think if they added Siri ?... Just think we could have voice controlled cell and BT shoes. Of coarse they would have to make them Regular and Fakey so everyone could be happy. But for sure, nobody would ever ask to use your phone . he he
    Actually , maybe a voice controlled OW app via your ear buds /Siri or whatever might be pretty cool. Siri ? .....Speed? ,Distance?, Battery? Lights on/off
    and we could always have eyes on the road.

• Again today, I hit 15 several times but my top speed refuses to update. Guess it really doesn’t want me going that fast!

• @fotoflux1 thanks for sharing there’s some interesting info there. According to that, we cannot expect to use our Air Pods while riding if we want to maintain the app connection? That doesn’t seem logical. Def keep pursuing it!

@OneDan TBH that answer sounds RIGHT in line with generic Bay Area Tech/Start-up Co’s customer service, in which they automatically assume we are all complete idiots who have no idea how anything works.

• Really FM ?!? , your response is to put our phones on the foot pad in order to connect to the app. Give me a break, I’m pretty sure Bluetooth has better range than two inches. That’s a total cop out. I encourage everyone with this issue to contact them if your having this issue. Maybe if I document this via YouTube it can get some traction. Don’t get me wrong I love my pint but I don’t think it’s too much to ask that it work properly.

• My BT sucks too. Agree with almost all said, but gonna try and look for silver linings in this, listed below, in no order.

-my Bluetooth sucks at moments while in the car, on various headphones, wireless speakers, dslr’s, and drones. Never felt like bluetooth was/is ready for prime time anyway. Love it when it works tho.
    -work hard often using my phone to get things and experiences like a OW in hopes of using the phone less.
    -not sure if it digitally tracks/documents rides if you don’t activate app (or bring a phone, or watch) but don’t care. Doesn’t affect the fun.
    -have seen faster mph via app in real time than ever registered in my phone on rides. Don’t care.
    -glad I can float while leaving phone at home. If phone was required, could be a deal killer for me.
    -as a fun machine that takes a beating, guessing my phone BT works better cause it’s not buried underneath all the stuff that makes the Pint indestructible (so far)
    Float on

• fm needs to get with Nike have them add a padded phone pocket to the hover shoes.
    alt text
    with a speed readout on the toe