Pint Bluetooth issues?

• I’ve tried mine with multiple phones trying to rule things out. Bottom line is my Pint has horrible Bluetooth range. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to glance at my watch to see speed, mileage, or battery life. The only way I’ve gotten it to stay consistently connected is taping my phone to my fender. Not really a solution in my book. Still waiting to hear back from FM...

• @KWasch said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

I’ve tried mine with multiple phones trying to rule things out. Bottom line is my Pint has horrible Bluetooth range. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to glance at my watch to see speed, mileage, or battery life. The only way I’ve gotten it to stay consistently connected is taping my phone to my fender. Not really a solution in my book. Still waiting to hear back from FM...

This!

• when I touch my S8+ to the front foot pad it connects instantly, if my phone was Maxwel Smart's It'd be awesome, maybe a speedo and batt level readout on the toe
    alt text

• I got an official response from Onewheel today:

With the connection, ensure you connect to the app prior to beginning your ride. Strength will vary per phone. To utilize most app features, you should be at a stop and have the phone close or on top of your front footpad. Ensure you don't have 3rd party accessories that could prevent strength connectivity, such as magnets and thick cases.
    - Have the latest firmware & operating system
    - Make sure your phone is not connected to any other BT devices. If your connection goes in and out during the course of your ride, not to worry, your miles will still be logged.

If you're having issues with connection, your board's lightbar will help you with battery levels when you slow down/stop:
    White = Fully charged
    Yellow = Battery approaching low levels
    Red = It's time to recharge
    Let us know if you have any other questions/concerns and we'll be glad to help.

• @fotoflux1 Oh boy, this is the XR issue all over again with FM asking to try the basic stuff we all try when we have connection issues. @KWasch mentioned above he's tried multiple phones and, if it was the phone, we'd have connection issues to all kinds of bluetooth devices, not just the OW Pint. Just as with the XR, everyone has to keep pounding them with complaints until they finally allow someone to send it in for a REAL diagnosis. It took months for them to finally admit and diagnose this for the XR.

Fingers crossed . . .

• @b0ardski Oh hell yea, Max Smart shoe phones!!! I love the little rotatory dial and chin protector/mic and just think if they added Siri ?... Just think we could have voice controlled cell and BT shoes. Of coarse they would have to make them Regular and Fakey so everyone could be happy. But for sure, nobody would ever ask to use your phone . he he
    Actually , maybe a voice controlled OW app via your ear buds /Siri or whatever might be pretty cool. Siri ? .....Speed? ,Distance?, Battery? Lights on/off
    and we could always have eyes on the road.

• Again today, I hit 15 several times but my top speed refuses to update. Guess it really doesn’t want me going that fast!

• @fotoflux1 thanks for sharing there’s some interesting info there. According to that, we cannot expect to use our Air Pods while riding if we want to maintain the app connection? That doesn’t seem logical. Def keep pursuing it!

@OneDan TBH that answer sounds RIGHT in line with generic Bay Area Tech/Start-up Co’s customer service, in which they automatically assume we are all complete idiots who have no idea how anything works.

• Really FM ?!? , your response is to put our phones on the foot pad in order to connect to the app. Give me a break, I’m pretty sure Bluetooth has better range than two inches. That’s a total cop out. I encourage everyone with this issue to contact them if your having this issue. Maybe if I document this via YouTube it can get some traction. Don’t get me wrong I love my pint but I don’t think it’s too much to ask that it work properly.

• My BT sucks too. Agree with almost all said, but gonna try and look for silver linings in this, listed below, in no order.

-my Bluetooth sucks at moments while in the car, on various headphones, wireless speakers, dslr’s, and drones. Never felt like bluetooth was/is ready for prime time anyway. Love it when it works tho.
    -work hard often using my phone to get things and experiences like a OW in hopes of using the phone less.
    -not sure if it digitally tracks/documents rides if you don’t activate app (or bring a phone, or watch) but don’t care. Doesn’t affect the fun.
    -have seen faster mph via app in real time than ever registered in my phone on rides. Don’t care.
    -glad I can float while leaving phone at home. If phone was required, could be a deal killer for me.
    -as a fun machine that takes a beating, guessing my phone BT works better cause it’s not buried underneath all the stuff that makes the Pint indestructible (so far)
    Float on

• fm needs to get with Nike have them add a padded phone pocket to the hover shoes.
    alt text
    with a speed readout on the toe

• Still waiting for a response from fm on mine. 6 days in so far. Hopefully they're working on it but some kind of update would be nice.

• @tzracer22 Have you sent your Pint back or just opened a ticket? If you’ve had no response to a ticket I would call them, actually even if you’ve sent your board in I would call them. Hopefully they come up with a proper solution.

• I decided to take some vid today, if anyone here is interested. Both are from my morning commute. Apologies in advance for the talk radio background noise, apparently Apple updated their screen cap software to catch sound as well now, which I hadn't realized (although, it does show that this is consistent video, not something I edited together after the fact).

Anyone else getting the Spastic Speed read-out too? This is a newer development for me:
    https://vimeo.com/361889202?ref=em-share

This one is a lot longer, but shows the constant disconnections and that the stat read-outs are often inaccurate or delayed because of this:
    https://vimeo.com/361889222?ref=em-share

• @a_onekatie both of your URLs error out on me (message is "Sorry, we couldn’t find that page")

• @BrettJB said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

(message is "Sorry, we couldn’t find that page")

me too. : \

• Really? Dang I tested and everything!

Okay updated now!

• Okay this is where the issue is really pissing me off. Parking lot ride this morning, I was getting major, noticeable pushback the whole time. To the point that I actually thought maybe I’d accidentally switched to Redwood without realizing. Take out my phone to check and no, I’m in Pacific, and the speed readout says 12. 12!?!?!? WTH? Holding the phone in my hand still, I reach the end of my ride and begin to slow down, and low and behold the app suddenly updates to this:
    5009EBD8-AE14-4530-9A0D-2EA47042CD24.jpeg

So I guess I just gotta take whatever the app says with a grain of salt? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• @a_onekatie said in Pint Bluetooth issues?:

So I guess I just gotta take whatever the app says with a grain of salt?

The trip information, such as mileage, speed, top speed, etc is all stored on the board. You can turn on the board, start riding, then turn the phone on later to connect and you will get the full trip stats.

That said, this means that the bluetooth issue is real and @Future-Motion needs to get on this and get it fixed.

Call Jon and tell him this is the XR issue all over again. How widespread I don't know, but sure seems that a lot of folks on here are experiencing it and this forum is a small percentage of the total riders.