Pushback to determine mph?

• I had an XR and I ran it past 17mph in mission with no pushback. I also purposely ran it to zero battery during a range check. No pushback, just shut off. Recently sold it. I knew if I kept it I would hurt myself.

• I'm waiting for the next board that comes out after the pint or maybe some type of modification to the pint that gives it more range. I'm definitely interested in its new form factor and the maneuverability I just know that the range is not enough.

• @Senior-Coffee luckily I weigh 130 lbs and am only 5'10 so I'll prolly be getting 12-14 miles on my pint

• I would say I spend nearly half of my 10mi trail ride in push back and on level ground it definitely seems to govern the board at around 17mph. On the downhill I've passed the 20mph mark and either not had any pushback or really pushed my luck on a nosedive by not noticing it.

• @TyDie said in Pushback to determine mph?:

@Senior-Coffee luckily I weigh 130 lbs and am only 5'10 so I'll prolly be getting 12-14 miles on my pint

Yeah I live in Northern Virginia and there's a lot of hills so what range I could probably get out of a pint would be reduced. Part of the reason I'm getting a Two-X kit is because of so many hills and I need to extend my range enough to account for that.

I'm just getting warmed up at 5 miles and my V1 right now with my safety buffer is right at 5 miles of range. I stop riding when my battery level goes to 20%. My experience with electric vehicles has shown that taking them below 20% of battery level tends to be unpredictable. Most other electric vehicles will just coast to a stop, the one wheel as we all know can make us do the Superman move and after that we are hoping we stick the landing correctly. : )

• @Senior-Coffee the conversation has kind of wandered from pushback to range. All good with that.

Thought i would chip in with using pushback in mission is accurate for informing speed. I use it all the time. I took me a while to reliably detect it in mission cause it is subtle, but definitely there.

• Maybe the pushback was there all the time with the XR. If so, it was so subtle that I never felt it. The pushback on the V1 is strong and like someone stepping on the back of the board and causing the front to kick up. I absolutely love it because it lets me know exactly how fast I'm going. I really need that two-x kit to get here. I did 15 miles today and kept coming back home and charging then going back out. Oh well, soon enough. : p

• @Senior-Coffee I think the XR pushback is pretty subtle, although I have nothing to compare it with - someone else said it feels like you are deciding to slow down yourself and I think that is perfect. For me it comes in around 15 mph and although I could push past it I use it as my "rev limiter" and enjoy this amazing invention safely.

• I wish that you could adjust the pushback speed in the custom shaping. Mine kicks in at about 16 MPH.
    I have tried a few thing to see how pushback behaves.

1. I played around with the tilt of the board which did change things, but it didn't have any effect on the speed at which pushback started. Nosing the front down felt like it made pushback more pronounced when it kicked in, but that may have just been me.
    2. I have also noticed that the begining speed of pushback starts a MPH or two lower as the batteries get low.
    3. I'm not sure if this is absolutely true, but it seems that pushback becomes more pronounced at about 19 MPH
    4. Carefully pushing the board to its max speed my XR did the "kickback" pop at 25.3 MPH (don't try this at home)
    5. Running the battery to 0% to see what my max range was like, the board did an uptilt forcing the back of the board to the ground and then shut off. Not exactly pushback but kind of.

• @Sponge315 said in Pushback to determine mph?:

I wish that you could adjust the pushback speed in the custom shaping. Mine kicks in at about 16 MPH.
    I have tried a few thing to see how pushback behaves.

1. I played around with the tilt of the board which did change things, but it didn't have any effect on the speed at which pushback started. Nosing the front down felt like it made pushback more pronounced when it kicked in, but that may have just been me.
    2. I have also noticed that the begining speed of pushback starts a MPH or two lower as the batteries get low.
    3. I'm not sure if this is absolutely true, but it seems that pushback becomes more pronounced at about 19 MPH
    4. Carefully pushing the board to its max speed my XR did the "kickback" pop at 25.3 MPH (don't try this at home)
    5. Running the battery to 0% to see what my max range was like, the board did an uptilt forcing the back of the board to the ground and then shut off. Not exactly pushback but kind of.

I ride all my boards to 0 volts/shutoff at least a couple times to see how far max is along with how they respond in the lower voltage/power levels. Below 20% battery can be dicey with EV's. After I find my full to zero range I subtract 20%. That's my safe usable range. Along with that, at 20% battery left I stop my rides.