Onewheel Pint | Pushback

• Now I know what push back is and how it can at some times be useful to determine speed, but I have never heard any mention of the push back in the Pint. At what speed on the Pint does the push back take action? If you own a Pint, have you ever had a push back? Thanks!

• @Ethan_Sonberg I don't have my Pint yet, but from what I've seen online it's at about 15~16mph

• Thanks @sinah ! I have been so impatient for my Pint which I will pick up at a local Surf Shop in 6 days! What I've been doing is looking at tips for the Pint in advance.

• I’ve only managed a top speed of 12mph on my Pint so far and haven’t experienced any pushback (that I’m aware of).

If you ride in Redwood mode, the top speed is set to 12 btw, so that one would probably start giving it to you at 11/12 MPH. If you’re concerned about that, I’d suggest starting on the Pacific shape mode instead.

• After riding an XR, top speed pushback is a lot more noticeable on the Pint. I switched straight to Skyline to try and get it to lessen, but it's still very pronounced, and you end up riding with the nose in the air a lot of the time. Having said that, I love the Pint, and will probably use it for commutes, due to the form factor. It's definitely more manoeuvrable.

• @J0nKn1ght Note to self - don't ignore pushback. I nosedived the day after posting this, hitting my head, grazing my shoulder, elbow and knee, cutting my fingers, and deflating my ego. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet, elbow pads and wrist guards, otherwise I'd probably be in hospital with concussion of worse.
    Checked my app after getting home, and it said that my top speed was 19mph, which is a speed the Pint isn't supposed to go.

• @J0nKn1ght Yep! Learn from the models before the Pint ... there's a reason pushback is stronger on the Pint, heed that warning!

• I've had th ePint 4 days now.. I ride on Pacific and my kids use Redwood

Today I jumped on thinking it was my settings and i noticed the nose pointing upwards when hitting 10 or 11 mph so i eased up.

If i didnt read all the info here i probably would've kept going.

I have it on video and when i watched it back you can clearly see it rise up.. and it wasnt me.

• I absolutely wrecked myself on my pint 2 days after I got it. I was accelerating hard and hit pushback unexpectedly, which induced a speed wobble. I hit the ground hard and fast, luckily my face broke my fall. 😬 Nothing was broken, but I think I was knocked out for a few seconds. It was totally my fault, I got way too confident way too fast. To add to the stupidity, I was wearing no protective gear whatsoever. I won’t make that mistake again. I have put another 100 miles on my board with no issues, hopefully I can keep my shit together and not end up in the hospital.

• Had my first push back yesterday. Caught me completely by surprise. Even though I've read all about it repeatedly, seen vids etc etc. Luckily it just rose up and the natural angle it put me at slowed me down. Took me half a second to work out what was going on and then it was over as I'd slowed down already. Hopefully next time I'll "get it" quicker as I've experienced it.

• @tzracer22
    Welcome to Pint pushback... Sounds like you know what to expect now. In my opinion the more abrupt lift @Future-Motion has applied to the Pint is hard to miss but for the new riders it might be a super harsh jolt that could toss you off balance like some have noted. On a full size OW pushback is more gradual but has been missed by some leading to high speed Nosedive. On the OW journey learn in steps and listen / feel what the board is telling you along the way...

• @LidPhones 👍

• @tzracer22 I had my first pushback the other day (3rd day with my Pint). From the app, I was going 14.9mph. I was getting fairly confident on the thing and had a nice flat straight-away, but I had my knees decently bent and I've heard all the stories here so when my nose popped up I new exactly what it was and backed off. I'm glad I got to feel it finally... felt kind of cool :)

• It really should be called “rock back” on the Pint IMO

• Absolutely unqualified to speak to this. Had my pint 3 hours now, but I’m a couple miles in... pushed for long slow carves on an empty street and def felt some pushback, but I’m riding ‘pacific’ mode. Would ‘skyline’ help minimize this? Not looking for speed, but love a smooth carve at a little speed...

• I have failed due to climbing uphill but not went that fast.. at least, less fast than 5 min before.. when I reached 33.7 km/h on flat... Im wondering if it could be possible to add feature to the Onewheel App so it trigger some sound before removing the self balancing and my knees and elbows get more injured. I really feel the pushback on flat surface but didn't notice much when climbing uphill.

Also another feature for the App is when we completed a ride, having few checkpoints of speed along the track could help better understand limits of the board in specific conditions!

Cheers!

Vince

• I have just had mine three days now, but I have over 23 miles in. I have definitely hit pushback at 14 - 14.5 mph in Pacific mode. Today I was pushing it a bit harder and the pushback seems like it is in response to that. I had two times that it rocked me back pretty good. One did startle me a bit. But I really think it is good and it does it for a reason. Before today I hit the speed but not with fast acceleration... and the pushback was a lot more gentle.

• Definitely experienced pushback this morning. My persistent bluetooth issues prevented me from seeing my current speed at the time. However my board's top speed now shows up at 14.4mph.

• Yeah its been a month since I had my Onewheel+ and I've only had one push back. It wasn't really bad, have any of the New Pint Owners noticed push back?

• @Ethan_Sonberg umm yes. That’s what this thread is about 😆