How to ship a onewheel from LA to France ?

• Hi,

I'll be in LA mid-august for 2 weeks, and i'd like to buy a Pint to play with it at Venice Beach, and then ship it to my home in France (since i cannot travel by plane with it).

Any idea of the best way to ship it, in regards of the battery travel problem and shipping cost ?

Do we have same restrictions in shipping a onewheel that we have by travelling with it ?

Last question : any clue of a reseller in LA having Pint in stock ?

Thanks ;)

Happy riding,

Tom

• @tom34fr Hey, I heard som eairlines allowed the pint because its battery is the correct size.

You should be able to contact the airline to see if its ok

• This post is deleted!

• @Daymos I checked already, it's not :(

The question is : is it okay with shippers like DHL, UPS...?

• @tom34fr The Pint battery is under 160 Whr which in the US is ok to fly with as a carry on.

I'm not sure how they ship overseas. France has a growing OW scene, they must know how to ship across the ocean... have you tried calling DHL?

• I saw a guy on YouTube explaining how to ship a one wheel. He was on the phone with FedEx (or maybe it was someone else) and they told him that he needs to put it in the original box and bring it to one of their shipping centers (not a branded service location or whatever) and that they would handle it.

I suggest also checking if it's possible to receive a OW in France (I'm guessing it should be fine), because I had to cancel my Pint because my country (Serbia) doesn't accept "dangerous goods" by air.

• You know airlines do also provide freighting service which may be something that could work for your case. I'd ask them about that if I were you.
    Of course you can also always call FedEx or DHL and ask.

• all these option suck if you want to take your pint with you oversears on a short term trip :(

• @tom34fr said in How to ship a onewheel from LA to France ?:

@Daymos I checked already, it's not :(

The question is : is it okay with shippers like DHL, UPS...?

What exactly did you check? The Pint’s battery is 147wh, that’s well under the cut off of 160wh for carryons.