Commuting on the Pint

• @J0nKn1ght Ouch, take care, hopefully FM will be able to put your mind at rest as to what happened.

• One full week of commuting in the books!

• 14 Miles logged
    • 14 MPH new top speed
    • Reprimanded twice by security guards
    • Encountered one OW+ (and two “other” electric skateboards)
    • asked by one scooter rider WTH I’m riding
    • permit in the mail
    • calloused hand
    • no accidents or mishaps at all!

Absolutely loving every second of it!!!!

• Light rain today, ain’t keeping me down! Got pretty wet, but seriously surprised by Pint’s grip, no slipping at all!

• @a_onekatie For me, you're probably the best person to ask this because of your new board, but does your OW get scratched from general use, so like no crashes or what not, mostly just dismounting or things getting kicked up from the tire? Or is it fairly scratch free?

• @DashinglyHunter I know you didn't ask me but I'm gonna give my own answer nonetheless (◔‿◔)
    The bumpers are advertised as wear and tear parts and I don't think you can ride without scratching those. The side bars are a different story, though you can certainly scratch those too and I did that big time. Wasn't particularly careless, just inexperienced and I've been benched since.
    So my to cents, don't be concerned too much about scratching the board. Just stay safe

• @DashinglyHunter oh my board is utterly wrecked already!!!! 🤣😂

I’m sure if I had been more experienced when I first got it, it would be in much better shape today. But yeah, I have huge gouges in my bumpers and my side rails are scratched and dented to sh**, even my rail guards have a few big tears. My fender and handle too are scratched.

But, it’s a board. It gets used. And (as several pros have assured me 😉) it holds up. So I figure I can’t complain too much and, ultimately if it bothers me I can always replace those parts. And it’s been confirmed that we can even have our rails replaced by FM, just note you do have to send the whole board in.

• @a_onekatie
    My plan is to use the rail guards even though at first I didn’t want to put them on the board, I’m gonna take my time to avoid air bubbles. And I have a lot of confidence in my self at the moment, so I hope I’m not to confident in my self. 😂

• @a_onekatie yeah, mine is pretty thrashed too. but oh well, like you say... i can just replace parts later if i want it to look new again. but for now, i'm good.

• @DashinglyHunter I would suggest riding on grass or soft dirt at first. One of my biggest mistakes, aesthetically speaking, was learning to ride on gravel. Oh and don’t let your 11 year old nephew on it either 😉

• @a_onekatie Luckily, I don’t have any younger siblings, or youngins that would want to ride it. I thought about starting indoors but now thinking about it, if I fell off and the board slipped, there it goes into the wall. 🤣

I’ll definitely start out in my back yard, it’s flat and has some good soft grass.

Bonus: if I wipe out my security camera might catch it lol

• Just saw this on the OneWheel subreddit 🤣

BE5531B8-805D-42C9-904E-4BB32E88BDF3.jpeg

• Sorry I've been absent, but i finally got my pint 1 week ago and I've been commuting on it daily. I put at least 10 miles a day in on the board.( a full charge gets me about 10.5 miles ) commuting is a blast, it's like nothing I've ever riden. It's so damn smooth compared to the eboards I'm used to, and so much more nimble too. It's perfect for my ride due to sh*tty sidewalks and a nice little dirt path that's a thrill to ride. I'm almost to 100 miles and I cant wait to hit 1000. 10/10 purchase![)

• @TyDie also after one week I'm at, 79 miles logged, 18.9 mph top speed and I finally learned how to carve!

• @TyDie 18.9 damn son be careful there!

• @DashinglyHunter lmao nice!

• @a_onekatie I'm commuting as well and had a light rain commute today too. I'm in Portland, OR so I'm expecting a lot more rainy commutes. I put some electrical tape over the power outlet hole until I get a plug. The wheel gripped fine, though I wasn't trying to push it.

My commute is 3.7 miles each way and takes just under 30 minutes. It uses about 40% of my battery and regens about 5%, so net 35% use. I think I'm getting around 11 miles of range. Though I did take air out of the tire to soften the bumps and that destroyed my range, so I put it back up to 20psi.

• @DashinglyHunter Like the others, I have smashed up my board pretty good. This is my first OneWheel. It adds character.

• @a_onekatie I didnt even realize I was going that fast until I checked the app at home. It didnt feel sketchy at all but that could be because I'm only 130 lbs

• @TyDie was that in Skyline? That’s the one ride mode I haven’t really tried yet. Have you been getting any pushback?

• Had a bike messenger today call me out for having the most colorful OW he’d ever seen. He said it “looks less home made that way.” LOL