Pint bumpers

• Just received my new pint bumpers. Got the back one on moderately easily, but couldn't get the front bumpers on after an hour of trying. 4 out of 6 of the screws on the underside don't fit well.

Anyone have this problem and managed to fix it? Would love to hear how you did it!

Thanks!

• @lesleys when I installed the bumpers on my Pint I found the screw holes super easy to strip, so I imagine you’re having a similar issue. It is best to follow the advice of just loosely attaching all the screws first before going back and tightening them down individually. Although it sounds like that route may be too late for you. as it was for me too.

In the end, I got it to where I have one screw that’s tight but slightly crooked and not flush (I won’t attempt to go any further) and one hole that I did strip and so have had to add a dab of super glue to the tip of that screw.

• @lesleys I saw on YouTube someone's solution was to widen the hole on the rail.

• I didn't buy bumpers but aluminum shred plates. Both holes and plates are a perfect fit. Got them on ebay if anyone is interested. Search for "onewheel pint" and it should be one of the first items to come up. The name on the auction/ad is "Onewheel Pint aluminum shred plates protector".

• @a_onekatie had similar problems to yours with one screw while putting on float plates. The stripping potential (luckily avoided) was only because of misalignment of the rail hole and collar beneath.

• @Senior-Coffee very nice. Have float plates but like the extra curb clearance these give, plus the extra bumper protection. Pricey tho, please update once beat up a bit

• @McFloaty said in Pint bumpers:

@Senior-Coffee very nice. Have float plates but like the extra curb clearance these give, plus the extra bumper protection. Pricey tho, please update once beat up a bit

Cool. I put these on before I had any scratches on the bottom. Was difficult not riding today but all good, I'll ride tomorrow.

• @lesleys I had minor mishap with one screw, and fixed it by freaking out and being afraid to drive it home, checking out several religions and cults, finally sleeping on it not sure what to do, then committing to drive it home or strip it the next morning. Thankfully it worked out. Hope it works out for you. Wouldn’t be shocked if this alignment thing (with a dash of bluetooth mixed in) may have been a reason for the initial shipping delays. My thoughts only-could be way off mark

• i didn't have any trouble with my bumpers -- i followed the instructions in their Youtube video, and they went on like they said. i'm concerned now if i try to change them out later that i'll run into trouble...