Footpad disengagement question

• Hello,

If you are going 5-8 miles an hour and you aren't covering both foot sensors with your foot, is it possible for the board to simply disengage and throw you off? A friend was mysteriously thrown off and some people have been saying it's a sensor issue. I didn't think it would disengage like this until you're under 1mph or something like that.

• i've had the app alert me with a sudden alarm noise when i've been accidentally doing that, so i don't think it would just suddenly disengage without some warning.

• @Alki_Soupboy said in Footpad disengagement question:

Hello,

If you are going 5-8 miles an hour and you aren't covering both foot sensors with your foot, is it possible for the board to simply disengage and throw you off? A friend was mysteriously thrown off and some people have been saying it's a sensor issue. I didn't think it would disengage like this until you're under 1mph or something like that.

Not that it's an answer to your question, but I used to get the foot-sensor warning every ride early-on. I don't get it any longer, and have only ever been thrown when I've lost control of the board.

• @Kielanders Yeah you get the notice, but will it actually disengage? I would think not. That would be a crazy safety issue.

• It's not supposed to disengage. I have trouble getting the motor to disengage with a heel lift when I'm trying to stop because it's programmed not to disengage unless you're going less than 1 mile per hour. And as the others have said you should get a warning, but that's all it should do.

• @Alki_Soupboy said in Footpad disengagement question:

@Kielanders Yeah you get the notice, but will it actually disengage? I would think not. That would be a crazy safety issue.

@Alki_Soupboy said in Footpad disengagement question:

@Kielanders Yeah you get the notice, but will it actually disengage? I would think not. That would be a crazy safety issue.

Can't answer that with an absolute, I can only say that it hasn't disengaged on me so far.

• @Alki_Soupboy The warning you get is that your front foot has been off of the sensor for X seconds while going Y mph. In other words, if the other sensor were to turn off, the board would shut down, so it's telling you to be careful. I used to get this once or twice a ride when I would wear my Nike Air shoes, which were the most comfortable to ride in. I tried some Nike SB (skateboard) shoes, but they really hurt my feet. Recently I got some Van's mid-top board shoes and they are pretty comfy and don't ever cause the sensors to turn off.

If you got no warning on the app and the board simply disengaged the motor, you should have @Future-Motion check it out as there is probably a problem with your front pad/sensors.

It should only shut off if a) both front sensors turn off (i.e. you left the board) or b) you are going less than 1 mph and 1 sensor turns off (i.e. heel lift).

• @OneDan Thanks. This is exactly how I thought it was supposed to work too. Appreciate the responses.