Onewheel Photoshoot Thread...

• D8D47CBC-F56D-4251-BDC1-57C413003549.jpeg

Lovely spring here in the PNW!

• It's been forever since I've been on this forum, let alone since I started this thread... I'm hanging out up in the PNW today, with my pint. Still loving it!
    Screenshot_20210711-155026_Gallery.jpg

• @SixFootFiveGuy Welcome back :)
    Looks like you had a pretty chill ride.

• @SixFootFiveGuy , thanks for both starting and bumping this thread! I hadn't seen it before and enjoyed reading through it. To all: Great photos! Thx!

@SixFootFiveGuy said in Onewheel Photoshoot Thread...:

These days it's getting ridiculous and San Diego is turning into LA. If I didn't live on the coast, I wouldn't put up with it.

I'm also in San Diego and agree with your comments with one change: if I didn't live in the mountains, I wouldn't put up with it. :)

• @SixFootFiveGuy did you bring the boat north for the summer?

• FF4C1634-4120-442D-BE86-CF0C964E8BDD.jpeg

• I will not wear them in a house,
    i will not wear them with a mouse,
    i will not wear them in a box,
    i will not wear them with a fox,
    i will not wear them here or there,
    i will not wear them anywhere,
    I do not like white crocs and socks,
    i do not like them @HanahsDax

• @HanahsDax I can't get enough of that scenery. The fact your cam picks it up too with that stunning cloud pattern is amazing!

• I guess I was logged out so I didn't see your (and everyone else's replies). I need to make sure I get notifications or at least check in more!

@Lia
    The ride was epic! It was my first time up in that part of the country in the summer time. It's so nice out... warm weather, light out until super late, and fun little pubs all around!

@b0ardski
    I actually left the boat at home down south, sitting in the water right where she loves to be 😇. That would be a pretty amazing journey north tho! So far I have driven from SD to Oregon, which took 20 hours (had to stop in Fresno for a few hours for a work thing), ridden Amtrak which was a blast but took 31 hours!!! (But so rad cause unlike a plane, you can carry on whatever you want... including alcohol!), and of course flown... but not yet gone by water. Someday!

• I did get a wild hair this week... stumbled across a nice used XR at a deal I couldn't refuse. Under 200 miles, so barely broken in. It has some mods that aren't exactly what I would have done, mostly from a cosmetic standpoint, but it's all good.
    I'll be changing the sidekicks to white with XR on them, probably painting the fender black, and I was thinking removing the strange surfboard pad grip, but the surface is actually quite comfortable and the big bump at the rear of the back foot is functional!
    Took her out for a 9 mile ride around downtown SD (I'm back down south for now). It was crazy cause I would get 9 miles out of a full charge on my pint, but I was literally at 72% battery remaining on this beast! It was a very different ride than I am used to... far more stable and smooth. Of course less nimble, but I think I fell in love with the bigger tire again.

Here are a couple photos from my ride!
    Screenshot_20210806-213111_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210806-213133_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210806-214624_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-183550_Onewheel.jpg

• @SixFootFiveGuy , Welcome back!

• @HorsePlay
    Thanks! It's good to be back on here and back riding regularly again! I plan to stick around and stay consistent this time, both on the forum and on the road 😇

• @SixFootFiveGuy Glad to hear you're diggin the XR, way more fun and stable on the sand,
    I love my foam grips really cushy on the feet and barefoot friendly on the beach.
    don't paint that fender, paint scratches off too easily, get a black fender use the box and I'll buy the blue one from you, mine needs an update at 2500mi.
    happy you'll be kickin around here more.

• @b0ardski
    So actually the fender was originally the army green color, and the guy I bought it from decided to paint it. He found some paint that changes color from blue to purple, depending on the lighting. He painted the fender and bumpers. Not really my style, but it's not actually that bad.

I'm so hooked on this XR (over the pint). Yesterday I rode 12.2 miles, and today I actually used it as transportation and rode to a friend's place and back, getting in 18.9 miles! That's by far my longest ride ever, and second longest was yesterday's ride 😇.

Here are a couple photos from yesterday and today...

20210807_175714.jpg

Screenshot_20210808-182747_Gallery.jpg

• @SixFootFiveGuy , Where was the last shot (above) taken?
    Thx!

• @HorsePlay

The one with the road? That was on the San Luis Rey River bike path, in Oceanside along the 76. It's a very smooth long path, maybe 8 miles or so.

The one above that was on the South Strand also in Oceanside.

• @SixFootFiveGuy said in Onewheel Photoshoot Thread...:

The one with the road? That was on the San Luis Rey River bike path, in Oceanside along the 76. It's a very smooth long path, maybe 8 miles or so.

Thank you! I thought it was familiar ... but I wasn't quite sure. We rode the San Luis Rey River path from the coastal trailhead to the skate park and back in June of this year. We took a side trip to ride the old I-5 Exit ramp (such fun!) and met another Onewheel rider, Martin, on the ramp.

Seems Oceanside is popular with OW owners! (We've seen or met some each trip we've made since becoming aware of this special rideable.)

• @HorsePlay
    Yup! I passed right by the skate park on this voyage! I also almost stopped at the freeway ramp and considered heading up it to take some photos, but I was a bit beat cause at that point I was close to the 15 mile mark. Next time for sure!

Yes, there sure are a lot of Onewheelers around here!

• Couldn't resist another ride in this amazing summer weather. Nearly 80 degrees on the coast, which is far warmer than normal! I'm so addicted to this thing... just a casual 7 mile ride today was the perfect end to another fine day!

***Check out the Onewheeling Guy that was randomly cruising by at the exact moment I snapped the shot! Total coincidence!

Screenshot_20210812-195529_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210812-195541_Gallery.jpg

• @SixFootFiveGuy if only the rider was silhouetted in the centre of that big fireball in the sky... 3 ft to the right.

Still a great shot for unplanned. 👍