The Classic Look!

• I think the polished wheel gives it a classic car kind of appeal.

Here is how i spent my weekend:
    New SKF Bearings
    Wheel Polish
    Hoosier Tyre
    Floatlife Grips
    Fixed front LED's

20190929_160454.jpg

• Very nice look I like it!

• @stinkyface i REALLY love the look of the polished hub. dare i ask how you did it? someone else here (@ShreddieMcskate?) polished their rails, and they look amazing, too. i think that was with oven cleaner, if i'm remembering right. maybe some day i will do this to my hub, but i don't know anything about taking my beloved Pint apart and i don't want to do it unless i am sure of how to go about it....

• Polished hub and the large white lettering of that Hoosier tire look great together. I know a fender adds a lot of practicality, but it would be a shame to cover that wheel up.

• @Franko said in The Classic Look!:

@stinkyface i REALLY love the look of the polished hub. dare i ask how you did it? someone else here (@ShreddieMcskate?) polished their rails, and they look amazing, too. i think that was with oven cleaner...

Was a big job to complete. I had several issue's including the need to replace the bearings. If a bearing change isn't required then I wouldn't do it. The sanding or other chemical stripper methods are likely to put contaminants into the motor. With the whole motor apart i could clean it well enough.

I used a grit paper to remove the black coating. Used the spinning wheel in a crate to do the bulk of the removal. Cut the valve stem off to do the solid side of the hub. Saved a lot of wrist work.

• @stinkyface aha -- ok, duly noted. i have no need to do it, but damn it looks fresh.

• I think its still pretty cool even with the fender on. Did my regular commute today. New bearings has given it some more zip and the upgrade to the Hoosier 6"slick are awesome.
    20190929_162604.jpg

• @stinkyface Looks great, well done.