Simplestop

• Will simplestop ever be an option on the plus or XR?

• @Broken-ankle could be an easy software upgrade. However, as a rider I would encourage you to practise one of the many other stopping methods. Why deprive yourself the option of rolling backwards? I use reverse a lot when rolling around pedestrians and at crossings.

• @stinkyface
    I hear you I’m just trying to get my wife riding and she is having a hard time with getting off. So much in fact that she won’t get on it again.

• @Broken-ankle fair call on the wifey...good luck, mine won't touch my OW.

• @Broken-ankle while holding onto both her hands, have her practice the jump off method. I’m a girl and I absolutely luv my OW. She just needs to keep at it until she feels comfortable. Also, if she’s a lot lighter than you, it will help her confidence a ton to take the tire pressure down when she’s riding. Good luck!!!

• @stinkyface do you know of any videos on different stopping methods? i'm still figuring out how to look super natural stopping on my Pint with SimpleStop enabled, but i definitely am more used to it than the thought of rolling backwards and riding fakey!

• @Franko said in Simplestop:

@stinkyface do you know of any videos on different stopping methods? i'm still figuring out how to look super natural stopping on my Pint with SimpleStop enabled, but i definitely am more used to it than the thought of rolling backwards and riding fakey!

I 'discovered' the quick stop by accident when needing to bail last second at an intersection.

I looked it up, and found WheelWithMe has done a great video on it.

It takes a little practice to time it just right, and not have the wheel do a spin for a split second, but if you keep your rear foot planted the board won't go anywhere.

It's well worth mastering, and it's about the only stop I use now unless I'm going very slow trying to work on a new move - then it's 'Flail 'n Bail' as usual.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_NgTffUY8

• @Kielanders ohh, i've watched this video before -- i forgot about this. thanks! yeah, i gotta learn how to ride like her, for sure. she makes it look dead easy.

• @Franko

Practice it on grass. Slow down to less the 1mph, then just bury the ass while pulling your whole front foot off the board and sticking it on the ground for stability.

The whole move will take less than a 1/2 second.

For a while, you'll get a split second of tire spin until you get your timing just right - so just keep your rear foot planted on the tail.

Once you get it, you'll never forget it - it will change your riding and sense of safety forever.

• @Franko said in Simplestop:

@stinkyface do you know of any videos on different stopping methods? i'm still figuring out how to look super natural stopping on my Pint with SimpleStop enabled, but i definitely am more used to it than the thought of rolling backwards and riding fakey!

I know the feeling on the "is he going to die when he stops" simple stop dismount. I'm still working on it. Only on day 6 of riding a OW.

https://youtu.be/1VXgovSo4uA