Lost my streak :’(

• Thanks guys lol. The app, for all intents and purposes is now useless to me. I should just forget it even exists I guess.

• @a_onekatie
    Did you get your Apple Watch to sync up somewhat realtime to the iPhone OW app? Mine still closes Frequently on the watch but is easy to open back up and check the battery level.

• I considered pre-ordering the Pint and trying to get on the daily streak from the beginning, but I couldn't wait and got an XR instead. Now after hearing about months of delays and technical issues, I'm glad I'm just cruising. I would have been in your shoes, and just as disappointed.
    It's a brutal reminder that technology fails, especially new technology. I'll consider getting a Pint when I need to send in the XR for maintenance, hopefully they will have fixed some more glitches by then.

• @a_onekatie Lame AF. That’s so heartbreaking. Curious if you tried disconnecting it from your app or disconnecting it on Bluetooth settings and then reconnecting or updating app? When FM updated the app and added the academy section I was forced to update or it would not allow me to connect. So sad. Don’t give up. The app is so useful to monitor battery level, battery/controller/motor temp and switch settings. I ride in Delirium for 95% of the time but when draining battery to single digits I use Cruz on my XR.

• @LidPhones no, never. FM just keep telling me to be patient and wait for them to improve the app. I think if I realistically want to use it I’ll have to get a phone holder that straps onto my calf.

@HanahsDax it honestly didn’t occur to me to try any of that. Probably too late now, but I’ll try to play around a bit tonight. I did confirm my app is up to date. And I went ahead and sent a ticket to FM today about this, just for sh*** and giggles I guess.

• @HanahsDax said in Lost my streak :’(:

The app is so useful to monitor battery level, battery/controller/motor temp and switch settings. I ride in Delirium for 95% of the time but when draining battery to single digits I use Cruz on my XR.

This is hidden gem that never occurred to me, so if I understood you correctly Cruz is like economy mode in a PHEV or BEV vehicle? I will need to give that a try once I drop to singles.... How much more range to you achieve switching over typically?

• @a_onekatie
    I know you are partially joking but that calf idea likely would help. I see great improvement placing my phone in the lower short pocket vs the hip level pocket... I am glad mine is functional enough... Hope yours gets that way soon.....

• @LidPhones I only drain my battery level down to single digits every dozen or so regular charges. I can typically get another mile out of the battery when I get the “board needs juice” warning. When I switch to Cruz so does my riding style. I generally keep in under 10 mph in Cruz. Basically would rather go slow and get home than have to perform the walk of shame with a 27 lbs. board.

the walk of shame with a 27 lbs. board

Been there, done that!

Good tip on Cruz, will try that next time it's cold out and my battery drops faster than usual!

I ride in Delirium for 95% of the time but when draining battery to single digits I use Cruz on my XR.

hmm, interesting. i wonder what the equivalent is for the Pint? would this be Pacific (or Skyline) and Redwood?

• @Franko that’s what I was thinking

• @Franko I would think Redwood/Pacific/Skyline/Elevated modes on the Pint would be equivalent to Sequoia/Mission/Delirium/Elevated on the XR.

@Franko I would think Redwood/Pacific/Skyline/Elevated modes on the Pint would be equivalent to Sequoia/Mission/Delirium/Elevated on the XR.

well, i have never ridden anything but the Pint, so i don't have any reference point for the modes on the other models. Redwood is the more controlled mode, very useful when learning; Pacific is more open and aggressive feeling, with much more maneuverability; Elevated raises the nose up for going up hills; and Skyline is the most aggressive and "no hand-holding" mode. if those correspond to Sequoia, Mission, Elevated, and Delerium for the other models, then yes.

• @OneDan I actually think running a more aggressive mode would help the motor/battery/controller maintain a higher temp in colder weather preventing a cold battery or motor temp shut off. That’s only happen to me twice in sub zero temps. Experiment and follow up. I know we live in two completely different climates so any info would be useful.

• @HanahsDax Can't really help you much, cold for me is 50, maybe mid 40s. I ride Delirium exclusively. I was out in the low 50s, one of my usual rides, 3 blocks from home with 8% battery and the XR did the Captain Morgan, unrideable, it did not shut off. I'm hoping if I make that mistake again (which I'll try not to), switching to Cruz will maybe let me ride home, no matter how slowly, LOL