Battery issues

• @MDMason My XR was tilting back at 59%, so I contacted FM. I sent them the diagnostics and they said I should send it in. I'm paying for it, but then my board is over a year old (out of warranty) and has almost 1900 miles on it. So, I'm gonna try to get them to replace the batteries with new ones, since it's on my dime.

Is your board still under warranty? If it is, they normally don't make the decision on who pays for shipping until they evaluate the board to see if it's a warranty repair.

• @MDMason i have an android and downloaded the Onewave app from github. It gives you the individual cell voltages. If you don't have an android, maybe a friend does?

• Just heard back, my battery pack needs replacing. Will be nice to have new batteries, but I've got to factor this into my "cost of riding", LOL. Like that would stop me!

• My board only has 135 miles. It is out of warranty. I'm going to try and run it down to zero a couple of times before I decide to send it in. This incident doesn't give me much confidence in the quality of the board.

• Why is it out of warranty with 135 miles?

• @Ramphex Was wondering the same . . . perhaps it was off the charger for an extended time. If left with no charge, that would harm the battery. Even leaving it on the charger for a long time without ever using it could do the same.

• It's out of warranty because it's been over a year since purchase. I've always operated down to about 40-50% and then brought back to full charge. At full charge I disconnected it. It has not sit idle for more than a few days even though the mileage doesn't reflect it.

• @MDMason said in Battery issues:

It's out of warranty because it's been over a year since purchase.

side rant: as one of the Pint owners, i feel this policy is so unfair. i didn't receive my Pint until late July, but i ordered it in March, so technically it's going to be out of warranty in March, which sucks. it wasn't even turned on before July. kinda sucks.

• @Franko said in Battery issues:

so technically it's going to be out of warranty in March

Not only unfair, but I'd argue illegal!

• Most warranties don’t start until received date for those reasons. I would argue as well if there was an issue. I hope FM customer service doesn’t go down hill due to greed as they see the $$ roll in.