I can't stand the rain!!! ('gainst my Onewheel)

• I miss my Board!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, walking is plain stupid.

I know I really can't complain being a Cali girl, but we have been hammered by rain (and crazy winds) for nearly a week straight and I straight up forgot how boring life is when you are not floating on the reg! I've taken to just running laps around my dining room table the past couple of days- desperate times / desperate measures.

Anyway, that is all, I've said my peace now. lol

What do all you guys who live in real winter weather do this time of year to keep your sanity?

• @a_onekatie
    LOL, I think we have all done the table race track a time or two.... I have even put some miles on in the garage with the cars backed out. If it is not slick with ICE outside I will bundle up with my Ruroc helmet and hit the trail..

• @LidPhones ahh yeas, the good ol' garage roller rink! lol

I actually have a good size barn that would be perfect for this purpose, just need to clear it out first!

• @a_onekatie said in I can't stand the rain!!! ('gainst my Onewheel):

What do all you guys who live in real winter weather do this time of year to keep your sanity?

i snowboard, of course! : D

• Figure I'll do what I do with my motorcycle. Store it till safer weather, put it out of the mind until things start warming up . . . then start chomping at the bit.

With the onewheel, this winter if it's over 40 degrees and no ice/snow where I want to go . . . I'll pull it out. Otherwise, just watch youtube video's of those in warmer climates.

• @Franko of course lol! How much powder did you guys get over the holiday? We got about an inch in my neck of the woods! Sadly my ambition to one day snowboard down my driveway remains a pipe dream.

• @UTrider I feel ya. Looks like we are getting a small rain break tomorrow so I’m definitely pulling her back out then!

• @a_onekatie said in I can't stand the rain!!! ('gainst my Onewheel):

of course lol! How much powder did you guys get over the holiday? We got about an inch in my neck of the woods! Sadly my ambition to one day snowboard down my driveway remains a pipe dream.

i heard that there was some powder up at our local place this morning, but sadly i will not get the opportunity to see what's there for myself until this coming weekend, if i'm lucky. i'm just excited the snow's falling -- it's so EARLY. normally i don't even hold out hope for hitting the slopes until after the new year.

• a_onekatie in heavy snow in Northeast Ohio in mid-November I put my Badger Soccasin on my V1 and plowed through six inches of virgin snow on the local rails-to-trails for six miles total. It was great fun!

• @blkwalnutgrwr OMG that sounds like a blast!

• now that winter is seemingly here, i'm resigning myself to not riding when it's wet out, so i'm going to have significantly less time floating around. but it seems like from what @blkwalnutgrwr says, it's possible to ride in snow. i'm afraid of getting my Pint too wet, and that combined with salt just worries me. what do you all do to protect your boards?

• Franko, with the Badger waterproof kit installed on my V1 I have had no problems. Rain, shine, or snow I have been riding everyday for months averaging almost 20 miles per day. One of my favorite times to ride is right after a rain -- everything is fresh, with puddles to carve around, or (rarely) to splash through.

• I moved to Florida to not have any of the above mentioned issues lol. Aside from occasional hurricanes.... the rain doesn't last more than an hour or so and there's no winter. Although last night it was 48, brrr, I still went out for a 3-4 mile ride :-D.

• @blkwalnutgrwr oh, i hadn't heard about these. i'll have to check it out. thank you!

[EDIT]: according to their website, they don't sell kits for the Pint yet. it's still "under evaluation." : \

so... has anyone waterproofed their Pint yet?

• I know I’ve def seen video of people riding on snow. Actually it was at Scheels! Just regular xr’s on hard pack (thinking that might be the key aspect).

• @a_onekatie The FF Treaded Hoosier tire keeps me floating in winter. Riding in rain sucks compared to snow. Slush and black ice are the worse conditions I’ve encountered. Took a good spill last night on some ice. Board slid out and I went sliding another 5 feet after crashing to the ground. Haha. Wintertime riding. I’ve learned to go slow (I hit a whopping 12.5 mph on this mornings commute) and search for dry ground when possible.

• @HanahsDax makes your streak all the more special. Got to admire your dedication.

• @stinkyface Thanks. Even if there wasn’t a streak record portion of the leaderboard I’m with @a_onekatie walking is just stupid after owning one of these.

• Oh, you poor, poor people! I'm wintering in Saint Martin right now. I ride 10 miles a day in shorts and a tank top, getting an awesome tan. Oh..... wait a minute. Shit, I guess I dreamed that.

• Enjoying the 95°F weather here in Perth Australia :D #justsaying