Bluetooth board leash

• Feature: a virtual board leash using Bluetooth to kill/stop the board when out of range.

Use case: to allow for strangers to test the board without fear of them stealing it. To allow kids to ride and not go miles away.

Implementation: through the app, alternatively an accessory that would work like car key.

Bonus: a tester/kid mode that keeps the board from going super fast. Similar to a valet mode in a car.

They could be implemented completely with software in app, when the board goes out of range dies/full pushback. Once that occurs, the bird requires authorisation before it will move again, back into valet mode, or regular mode.

• It's a good idea. A lot of people have been asking for some sort of security feature via bluetooth.

I don't know if your idea is necessarily possible though because the board itself doesn't have wifi/cell service or a GPS so there's no way to actually tell the difference of the distance between you and your board or communicate with the board outside of the beyond awful bluetooth range it currently has.

• @Ramphex said in Bluetooth board leash:

It's a good idea. A lot of people have been asking for some sort of security feature via bluetooth.

I don't know if your idea is necessarily possible though because the board itself doesn't have wifi/cell service or a GPS so there's no way to actually tell the difference of the distance between you and your board or communicate with the board outside of the beyond awful bluetooth range it currently has.

All of this. It’s definitely a feature we ALL want, I just don’t believe it’s currently possible.

• @louder said in Bluetooth board leash:

Feature: a virtual board leash using Bluetooth to kill/stop the board when out of range.

Pretty funny with the number of BT issues on these boards!

• I don't know if they're necessarily issues. The design is to not pair to the phone and to be seen on demand. If they allow for the board to pair to our phones, then the stability of the app should greatly improve.

• @Ramphex Oh, they're issues alright. I lived through the XR bluetooth saga, eventually (and finally) getting mine fixed once FM fessed up to it actually being a problem. From what I can tell, quite a few folks have Pints that won't stay connected as well, but so far, FM hasn't fixed any of them.

• I'm one of them with the bluetooth pint issues. But like I said, it's not a bluetooth issue, it's a bad bluetooth implementation on their part aka software design problem. The reason apple watch works fine with your phone is because it's paired to it. These boards aren't actually paired to our phones and they're connected to by the on-demand via the app method.

• @Ramphex LOL, tomato, toMOTo, the board has an issue staying connected to the phone via BT.

• Considering FM hasn't been online on this forum since January 2019, I don't foresee much of this feedback being reviewed lol. Sad. I feel like they have potential for being such a great company as long as they keep up with the quality, good production value and not get greedy.