Pint range 1500 miles in-battery life questions

• My first ride got 11 miles. After 1540 miles, feel lucky to get more than 7 miles. Know batteries degrade and people ride faster over time, but am concerned how long before an battery switch is needed and how much cost/time that needs?

Thanks for any insight. Float on.

• @McFloaty Wow, that's a lot of miles for a board that just came out at the end of the summer! Or was it beginning of the fall, LOL. Either way, still, at 11 miles a charge, that's some 150 or so charges. Anyway, are you sure your mileage drop isn't temperature related? I have a OW+ with about 1700 miles on it. I could get up to 7 miles on a charge when it's warmer out, say 80F or higher, but when it drops to below 50F, I can usually get maybe 5 miles. It's always been that way, the colder the temp, the less distance I get on a charge.

My XR, which has over 1900 miles, can go 16-18 miles on a charge. I just had the batteries replaced as it was doing low battery pushback at 59%. However, up until that happened, it seemed I still had that good range (in the warmer weather, of course). I'm not sure if the Pint has the same battery tech as the XR (I know the + doesn't), so maybe the Pint is more like the XR when it comes to mileage per charge as the batteries age.

• When I first started riding I definitely got more mileage at lower speed, especially in the Redwood mode. Currently I'm averaging about 10%/mile in Pacific and I'm at 100 miles and 180lbs.

• @OneDan thanks lots. Great info. Forgot to factor temperature, it’s cold even in socal right now. Pushed through pushback for first time ever and had a cutout recently. Paranoid now, good bit of blood involved.

Ride skyline always, feels better for edgy carving, but ride slower last few days. 16.2 was clearly too fast for the moment. 6’2” 180 lbs, size 12 shoes

Float on

• Along with battery temp, you might check your cold tire pressure. My mileage drops quite a bit if I lower the pressure. If it is cold out your pressure will drop.

• @McFloaty said in Pint range 1500 miles in-battery life questions:

Paranoid now, good bit of blood involved.

Saw that pic, yikes! Looks like my elbow when I nose dived at 21 mph! Most of my knuckles and both knees were also scraped up and I broke my left wrist guard . . would have been my wrist!

I ride delirium always, not sure how that relates to skyline on the Pint, but it's basically sport mode, which is the only setting I use on my motorcycle as well, LOL.

• @McFloaty
    Sweet mileage. I am a ways behind on the Pint. Will be over 300 today in Snoqualmie. My XR has most of my limited miles. Colder temps will drop range for sure. @ 40F I see about 20% reduction on the Pint from 8 miles to 6...

• @LidPhones said in Pint range 1500 miles in-battery life questions:

Colder temps will drop range for sure. @ 40F I see about 20% reduction on the Pint from 8 miles to 6...

yeah, i am nervous about riding very far in cold temps. i rode my Pint about 2 miles the other day in about 35-40F temps, and i lost about 15% of my battery life doing it. in the summer, the percentage i'd drop would be closer to 5-7% for the same route.

• Last winter when my range dropped with the cold temperatures I felt desperate. Range extension was my favorite research topic. Now I alternate between two range extension systems for my V1. This morning Soccasin Onewheeling on a snowy trail in 14 degree Fahrenheit weather I rode nine miles with battery to spare.

• @blkwalnutgrwr How many miles do you get out of a Soccasin and what’s it like to ride on concrete or asphalt with it on? Keep logging in those miles and days on that V1. You’re killing it!

• @HanahsDax the Badger Soccasin is for ice and snow. For close to 50 miles I have ridden it -- the traction is phenomenal. So far I have only ridden it on snow covered (and some a little icy) paved Rails-to-Trails with a few wind-swept patches here and there. Range through snow is one-third to one-half. Wear? After taking a spill today -- the Onewheel trying to climb over an unnoticed fist-sized chunk of ice on the trail while I was trying to get some video -- I notice one small separation in the fabric (the fall was actually fun, like falling off a sled going down a hill and sliding in the snow). The rest of the Soccasin fabric still looks like new. For convenience I have the Soccasin on a spare motor and change it with conditions. A tippiness of Vega on snow with a Soccasin feels a little like the tippiness of a Hoosier 5.5 on pavement -- to me, I love it.

• Clearly out of my league here. Have a hard time getting a morning float in cause it’s in the 40’s... but dry, and beautiful; obviously forget how lucky just having weather to float in is. Still wanna understand more about battery replacements though- anybody done one to their plus or xr?

Float on

• @McFloaty I think @OneDan sent his XR in to FM for a battery swap and cost about $500 with shipping. If you can find a parts dealer, according to @stinkyface the battery pack is pretty much plug and play to replace.

• @HanahsDax yeah u/WITZ_STA on reddit parts out new boards. Also a community of DIY guys who replace cells. I think there is a dedicated FB group for that. For people not in the USA. This can be a better option.

• @HanahsDax @stinkyface Thanks for insight. Still getting a solid 7-8 miles under normal conditions, but nice to know future costs for happy floating.

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. All that good stuff.

Float on.

• @Ramphex too true. Checked tire pressure and 20lbs went to 16lbs with time and weather change. Softer ride, but affected mileage, and realized I kinda like feeling every bump in the road..TY

Float on