Optimal Pint Tire Pressure?

• I just got my pint out after the winter and went to top the tire off. I saw that that the tire is rated to 4 bar (58 psi). So I inflated it to about 3 and a half bar (51 psi). It felt way different and I wasn't really a fan when I was riding. I wanted to see if anyone knows what the wheel is inflated to from the factory, as well as maybe an optimal pressure, or advantages and drawbacks to more or less pressure.

• @Aboelter General consensus is to start with a pressure of 10% of your weight, then adjust from there. So, if you're 190, you would start with 19 psi. After that, if you want a firmer ride, add a few psi, softer, go a few lower. Hope that helps!

• @Aboelter said in Optimal Pint Tire Pressure?:

I just got my pint out after the winter and went to top the tire off. I saw that that the tire is rated to 4 bar (58 psi). So I inflated it to about 3 and a half bar (51 psi).

Holy moley!!! Yeah that’s waaaaay too much man!

Pint tire is supposed to ship right at 20 psi, that’s what FM figure is “average.” But the 10% of your body weight rule is THE way to go. I personally keep mine at 11.5 psi and definitely notice the wobbles if that ever shifts.

• @a_onekatie said in Optimal Pint Tire Pressure?:

Pint tire is supposed to ship right at 20 psi, that’s what FM figure is “average.” But the 10% of your body weight rule is THE way to go.

yeah, i think that Pint tires ship at 20-21 PSI. i have mine set at 14-15, and it seems pretty smooth and carvey. i might drop it down a little, but generally that's where i keep it.

• @Aboelter
    I am at 240lbs and have good results with 22 psi. Nice and firm with good overall ride and range.....