Group Ride Is Officially In The ONEWHEEL APP!

• @OneDan I agree and maybe soon they can add some feature and function updates for the XR & Pint.... the code to edit ride and function likely is a bit more to test and validate.... so they released a community feature instead...

• LOL @OneDan pretty much agree with your sentiments. The App is still basically a total wash for me.

• Absolutely horrible update, the app won't connect to my board unless I turn the privacy destroying, battery wasting GPS on. No thanks! I'd like my phone not to needlessly waste battery when I am not using a function which requires GPS access.

• I (as well as many others) have been asking for an alarm at a user set speed. A very simple request, since they already do alarms for other reasons. I first requested this almost 2.5 years ago when I nosedived at 21 mph. Since then, I use my watch connected to the app on my phone so at least I can see my speed, distance, and battery status at a glance. But, like @a_onekatie says above, all of this is moot if the bluetooth won't even connect!

• @biell said in Group Ride Is Officially In The ONEWHEEL APP!:

Absolutely horrible update, the app won't connect to my board unless I turn the privacy destroying, battery wasting GPS on. No thanks!

Agree with this. Location sevices should not be mandatory to use the other features in the App. ☹

Should be a check for using the group ride or rides function only. Daily commuters (the high mileage riders) are not interested in location and now have to toggle location services just to connect. 🤯

• This post is deleted!

• @biell not sure whats going on there. The 15 May update was the one that added the Location Services requirement.

If you have found a way around would love to know how. Currently i turn it on, open the App, then turn GPS off again. Ive still got the shits over this 'enhancement'.
    Screenshot_20200331-122830_Onewheel.jpg

• @stinkyface said in Group Ride Is Officially In The ONEWHEEL APP!:

@biell not sure whats going on there. The 15 May update was the one that added the Location Services requirement.

So, I just rebooted my phone and it turns out that FM didn't fix this, but I did find a work around. Shucks, I was hoping they were doing the right thing.

I have "Location Faker" installed and even though it was disabled, it looks like enough of the service was running that the app thought I had my GPS on.

• @biell thats awesome, downloading faker now. 🤙

• @OneDan Ditto. Would value a speed alarm over all else- guessing anyone who’s had a speed dropout would. BT issues make it seem a moot point, but there’s always the next version(s) that could include an internal speaker for audio feedback from the board itself... fingers crossed.