Burris treaded 11x6.0-6

• I've got a plus, 686 miles, two-x, ranger vnr, 210 lbs, 21 psi. Anyway installed this tire because I wanted a more round tire to increase agility. It's very smooth on the street and appears to give more shock absorbsion than the Vega.

I've seen a number of threads on here touting the agileness of this Burris tire but I'm not seeing it. I find it to be just as stiff as the stock Vega that I took off the board. I've gone up to 35 psi and it still feels exactly the same to me. I've read that it's a work out on the ankles and that you have to build up strength. I'm guessing that my 500+ miles on EUC's and owning a pint has strengthened up my ankles to the point where I just don't notice on this Burris tire.

The reason I'm writing this thread is to see if anyone else has experienced something similar with this tire. I'm not going to go back to the stock Vega mostly because I already tossed it and it had more than 600 miles on it. I've only got about 50 miles on this one. I'm considering the Hoosier 11x5.5-6. I'm also considering buying another pint since I sold the last one that I had. I really liked the squirreliness of that little bugger.

• The Burris treaded is definitely more rounded and agile than the rolling pin you replaced. However, it is closer to on-par with the stock Pint tire. It is possible it feels enough like the Pint that your brain is going into Pint stability mode and you don't realize you are comparing it to that tire instead of the Vega. The Burris might not seem new to you, even though it is a new tire on that board.

The Burris has a soft side wall, you might want to let the PSI down to 18 and see if you feel differently about how it works, just as an experiment. Agile means different things to different people. So, if you are looking for easy, grippy turns, then possibly that will work for you. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't see the Burris as a particularly squirley tire, my opinion is that it strikes the perfect balance, and being so grippy, you can push it to the edge when you need to make that hard turn. It is surely not designed for an effortless 1-foot radius U turn; but, it is rounded enough that you can make that same turn if you are willing to drop the corner.

• @Senior-Coffee I run that same tire on my XR because it's not round! You need to go with something that's not 6.0, as that's what the Vega is. Not wanting squirrel-i-ness (LOL), I stick with 6.0 and have tried both the Hoosier and Burris treaded tires and really liked them both over the Vega due to the treads, which I will always ride with from now on.

600 miles on the Vega is nothing. I had 1700 on mine on my + when I swapped it for the Hoosier treaded and it seemed like it could've gone to 3k easily. I know have almost 2500 on the Burris on my XR and while it shows some signs of wear, it's still got a long way to go. That said, I pre-ordered the new FF Hoosier Terrain 2 (T2) treaded that's coming out on 4/15, so I may swap out the Burris just to see the difference.

I ride 17 psi and 90% pavement vs dirt/gravel, so YMMV.

• @biell said in Burris treaded 11x6.0-6:

The Burris treaded is definitely more rounded and agile than the rolling pin you replaced. However, it is closer to on-par with the stock Pint tire. It is possible it feels enough like the Pint that your brain is going into Pint stability mode and you don't realize you are comparing it to that tire instead of the Vega. The Burris might not seem new to you, even though it is a new tire on that board.

The Burris has a soft side wall, you might want to let the PSI down to 18 and see if you feel differently about how it works, just as an experiment. Agile means different things to different people. So, if you are looking for easy, grippy turns, then possibly that will work for you. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't see the Burris as a particularly squirley tire, my opinion is that it strikes the perfect balance, and being so grippy, you can push it to the edge when you need to make that hard turn. It is surely not designed for an effortless 1-foot radius U turn; but, it is rounded enough that you can make that same turn if you are willing to drop the corner.

I started the psi around 17 and worked my way up to 25. Backed it down to 21 where it gets very smooth and soaks up the bumps. It's very grippy as well. All in all, I like the tire, just want more looseness. Side note, sold my pint a month ago and am in the process of getting another one. Love the looseness of that board.