Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• Out Onewheeling this week a T-shirt on a young man struck my fancy. It read, "If you can read this... Why not try a book?" So, here is a book to read -- Some of the fun of watching the ups and downs on the Leaderboards:

This week on an Original Onewheel FranKtheTank DIY passed by the absent mekekgul of Spain with 13674 miles (22006km) as of today to the long static mileage of the former leader of 13641 miles (21953km). FranKtheTank DIY is also the number two ranked on the V1 Daystreak with 1471 miles in 98 days -- over 15 miles per day.

Also on both the Original Onewheel Leaderboards RodneyCat of the United Kingdom suddenly appeared this week, and has climbed immediately up out of the basement level on both Leaderboards.

Maksimmmmm of the Ukraine has made a move passing by www.onewheeltour.ch and is nipping at the heels of the number three spot -- which for the moment still belongs to me.

On the Pint Leaderboard for mileage an interesting development is a seeming hole at the number five spot. But looking more closely it can be seen that the rider there has gone stealth simply using a punctuation period as his Leaderboard handle.

The Pint Daystreak has two riders alternating for the number five position: Sometimes it is Flying Nimbus with a cloud logo, and other times it is Bigpoppa88. (On a side note I do have screenshot evidence of a tie for an unrelated position on a mileage leaderboard.)

Exciting on the Plus mileage Leaderboard is the rider from France only two miles out from fourth place -- this transition will likely happen even before this post goes to press. The rider from France -- whose name I can't pronounce -- is also represented on the Plus Daystreak. Another rider, NJacobs has also moved up on the Plus mileage board this week.

Noteworthy on the XR mileage Leaderboard are PASCH, the overall leader, and the elusive Johnny Bell, who both like their numbers and have let them stay for some days at: 14444 miles and 12000 miles respectively.

Johnny Bell shows character. Today his handle advertises his XR for sale from the country of Maldives. In the recent past he has handled "social distancing" with nuclear power symbols on each end and from Antarctica, and TheCOVIDKid from God-knows-where. Other states (of mind) Johnny has claimed as his own have been Christmas Island, and the Virgin Islands.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Any truth to the rumor that some of those "big mileage" boards might actually be rental boards?

• @Sponge315 Unsubstantiated as far as I know.

• A tie with photo evidence for ninth place in XR mileage on May 9, 2020! IMG_1434.jpg

• In a the case of a Leaderboard tie the next place down ceases to exist. This from March 24, 2020. IMG_1291.PNG

• On the XR Leaderboard for mileage has been an exciting trade-off race between 9th and 10th place. The1Moose traded places with CaptianBuddy a week or two back, taunting by hovering just a few short miles more than the other. After a day or two of that CaptianBuddy retook 9th place, and the race was on! Both riders have been racking up miles like crazy, and just yesterday The1Moose passed by CaptianBuddy who seems to have run out of steam.

In the glitch weekend on the Plus Daystreak Leaderboard somehow RodneyCat was passed by Zama -- how that could happen on a daystreak is a mystery. It is righted now again. On the Pint Daystreak Leaderboard I have not seen Flying Nimbus covering in and out of 5th place at all lately. Also, in other group posts with screenshots, I gleaned that the XR and Pint rankings have at least 20,000 boards linked to each.

In a brief display on the Pint Leaderboard for mileage, in response to Mattsplat who with a stylish sunglasses icon has been climbing quickly up the ranks, a rider ahead of him remodeled his own handle to read StopTheSplat with the same stylish icon. Mercurially, it was only on the board for a few hours.

Curiously, on the V1 mileage Leaderboard Powerwheel5000 went stealth, unlinking his board and lurking behind the scenes. Of course, everyone below moved up one place. Interested myself in who might have been in 12th place I then also unlinked my board and allowed Maksimmmmm to move up to 3rd, and found 'chase' from Canada formerly in 12th, now in 10th. Nothing new there, 'chase' had been in the top ten last year, and has seemingly not ridden a mile since.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Really enjoy reading this thread. I wondered what happened when I didn’t see you on the leaderboard yesterday. Everyone freaked out about the leaderboard glitch but I didn’t sweat a bead. The app already “officially” burned me a day on #492. I should have at least another 35 days on my current XR day streak I just never documented it with screenshot photos as evidence like I did day 492.

Since taking the V1 #1 day streak, my app shows XR mileage ranking and V1 day streak rank. I guess since the V1 has a lower serial number it gives that board seniority. I have strongly considered letting the V1 day streak go so FranKtheTank could own two #1’s on a single model but I’m gonna ride it so why not make it count. First time in a while I didn’t listen to music and just listen to the sound of the 500 watt Transverse Flux V1 today. Made me think of one of your posts on the music thread.

• @HanahsDax If you are feeling generous in about a month you might change your mind. Less than 500 miles behind the leader, FranKtheTank may take the OVERALL #1 spot in mileage soon. PASCH has been happily static for a week or more now, liking his pleasing 14,444. Might be exciting if he values his status and wakes up.

Of course, if you were generous it would pull me up a little, too. My wife laughed when she learned that I am currently #7 in the wings of the V1 Daystreak. "How did you get up there so quick? Didn't you just drop off a couple weeks ago? -- Oh!!! I know, there is what... maybe only 20 riders on a V1?" And laughed with me when I kind of sheepishly nodded yes, that might be so.

Personally, I love riding the V1 because it feels so much more alive than the the much smoother Plus (and I assume the XR). While riding the V1 I have to pay much more attention to the feel and the motor sound. One beautiful day recently with the board and myself riding together in great form, I noticed my top speed graced 22.2 mph -- way higher than anything I have done with the Plus. -- Please note, though, I would not even think of riding that fast without extra battery support.

(Edit: Another note -- I also would not think of riding so fast without full safety gear, which for me includes shoulder armor, a hip pad, and even a tailbone pad, as well as a helmet, wrist guards, knee pads, and elbow pads. And I know they work because I have taken falls and have ridden away without even a bruise.)

• It's entertaining to see on the Leaderboards riders playing with their handles. For example today on the Plus mileage leaderboard the rider in the #10 spot has the same handle as the one in the #1 spot. Does ONEWHEELJEFE really hold both places, or is someone teasing us? The Pint mileage board has all kinds of interactive messages in handles today -- personally I am glad I ride a V1 and a Plus. And then the new rider on the V1 Daystreak made me smile with 'ridersblock' as a handle. (puts me now at #6 there by the way.) I find geographical areas in the handle are useful for picturing where these riders ride -- mine is clear, Justin from Sarasota is clear, and Johnny Bell from Dallas/Fort Worth DFW is also clear. Others? Who knows?

• @blkwalnutgrwr looking fwd to your thoughts on the Lukescheating conspiracy!

• @stinkyface My thoughts? Already shared: "...personally I am glad I ride a V1 and a Plus."

• An active day on the leaderboards, today. Dropping off the V1 Daystreak were 'Rodneycat' and 'ridersblock', making room for me -- 'S.Leon NE Ohio', and 'Wurman'. 'The1Moose' has been continuing his ascension up the XR mileage Leaderboard, passing by 'OnTheOne' recently, and coming up on 'Blue(^^)'. Big changes on the Pint mileage Leaderboard -- maybe someone could chime in here with an analysis -- I do not have a Pint and so have not watched closely. 'OneWheelJefe' is tied for eighth place at the moment with 'therealmatatat' on the Plus mileage Leaderboard. Likely from Arizona, judging from the rattlesnake icon and saguaro cactus icon by his handle, 'OneWheelJefe' holds two places on two separate Onewheels on the Plus mileage Leaderboard -- 1st and 8th, with 10577 miles and 6455 miles respectively for a combined total of 17032 miles! WOW!

(Edit: By the way, too, 'mekekgul' from Spain relinked his board, claiming the #2 spot on the V1 mileage Leaderboard. The relinking bumped me and the rest of the V1 riders down one rightful place.)

• In a pleasing turnaround for me '@floatfanatics' has joined the V1 Daystreak -- below me. For all my 5000 mile daystreak '@floatfanatics' had been above me on the Leaderboard, so for me this is a welcome change.

• @blkwalnutgrwr the real question I have for you is when will you surpass me on day streak mileage? Wednesday, Thursday of this week?

• Big news! FranKtheTank DIY on a V1 has just now taken the OVERALL #1 spot for mileage on one board! Congratulations Frank! (at 9:45am PST June 6, 2020)

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_1514.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg

IMG_1517.jpeg

IMG_1519.jpeg

• @blkwalnutgrwr title of this reply is “OW Problems.”
    I’ve had a little cat and mouse chase with you surpassing me on miles for day streak which I thought was going to happen a week ago and not today. Amazing how many miles you can log so fast, especially on a V1. I realize you run range/battery extenders but still that’s awesome you are doing this on a V1. I’ve seriously considered letting it go for Frank and playing the V1 day streak leaderboard musical chairs. As previously stated, I’m gonna ride it so why not make it count.
    On the XR side, I also got another mileage race going on with the number 5 day streak leader Lia from the U.K. I’ve recently decided I am going to try to hit 3,000 miles before that rider does. I’ve been passed on miles before and there are plenty of riders who have more than me with less days but I ride some gnarly rugged single tracks in the summer and spend a lot of time in the winter practicing tricks in a garage. I have never been much of a high mileage rider. I always tell people who reach out to me that it doesn’t matter the quantity of days in a row or miles but the quality of them. As long as you are having fun riding whatever you enjoy that’s all that matters. Onewheel problems, first world problems but good problems to have and I feel blessed.

• @HanahsDax Yes, ride that V1 and make it count! Your 'musical chairs' is a right-on description of the V1 daystreak -- many the same riders in various orders over the course of the year. I find it fun to set a goal to work toward, or to compete with other riders. You with Lia from the U.K., and me with Maxsimmmm from the Ukraine catching up.

Like I have said, my mainstay is a paved rails-to-trails through woods and farm fields -- and pipe-like in that the snowmobiles dish it out and roughen it up in the center. The ride is heavenly smooth, relaxing, beautiful, and nearby. And while the entire trail is forty-some miles long one way, my favorite section is the seven or eight miles nearest the snowmobile club garage. My favorite weather in which to ride is cool, and even cold. The only advantage of hot, humid, and buggy weather is that I get the trail to myself -- the few bike riders and dog walkers stay home in their air-conditioning (and they generally do not come out in the cold weather either).

Truly, be safe and have fun!

• Three places on the Leaderboards for me, today! #5 Plus Daystreak & two #4s for V1!

• @blkwalnutgrwr damn you’ve been putting some miles in on the Plus. Triple threat!

• 'PASCH' got passed! Standing by his nice looking 14444 for weeks now, '@OnewheelWing' took advantage and passed 'PASCH' by for the #1 spot on the XR mileage Leaderboard. Too, '@OnewheelWing' now is not quite 200 miles behind 'FranKtheTank DIY' for overall mileage. Maybe he's motivated! -- but Frank can float like a rip tide, averaging more than 17.9 miles a day for the past 136 days.

Johnny Bell, #3 XR, is hovering at another number he seems to like: 12,500 miles. Now he claims to be floating through the McDonald Islands. 'CaptianBuddy' reclaimed the #9 spot on the XR mileage Leaderboard, but 'The1Moose' has some solid 340 miles on him, and is beginning to challenge 'Blue (<>)' who is only 138 miles up.

On the Plus mileage Leaderboard, 'Frankie mendiola' is a new name at #10. Other new names recently are 'andy64' at #5 on the Pint Daystreak, and '@loyal.6666' hailing from Chile at #4 on the Plus Daystreak.