Watching Action on the Leaderboards
@HanahsDax -- Nice to see you again on the V1 Daystreak Leaderboard!
@blkwalnutgrwr Thanks, been using the V1 to collect some badges. The lights still work on the V1. I also like the riding difference between the treaded on the XR and the slick on the V1.
Nearly slept through today, that could have been a disaster!
- Over on the Pint we've seen BonusTacos drop off the #5 spot, in their place wheelking has arrived.
- As @blkwalnutgrwr noted earlier this week @HanahsDax has poked their head into the V1 leaderboard at #5 having replaced Robert 208. Curious to see if they can make it to #1 there too.
- XR has again got a few places changing. Yonhna Frisco TX and CarpetFace trade #4 and #5 whilst Zigon CBR and Mcdicks1772 trade #8 and #9.
- Looks like JScheibe has changed their name to Witz on the Pint. I wonder if that's possibly WitzWheel?
- therealmatatat and MaddMike on the Plus trade #9 and #10.
- On the V1 EgaenotS appear to have unlinked their board as everyone below #6 has moved up with hafid appearing at #10.
Leaderboard ranking numbers that look good together:
And round total mileage as of January 4, 2021 :
Since the next update will be after the holidays I've themed this weeks one more festively, enjoy <3
- TimmyT on the Plus has ended their streak. All the riders move up with 631TonyRoberts303 appearing at #5.
- V1 has a bit of a shuffle around. Both kevinharpertime and hafid have stopped their streak. Everyone moves up with Bujubson and Clorentz taking positions #4 and #5.
- XR rider Yonhna Frisco TX has jumped up the list again, taking #4 from PASCH.
- Pint riders AHaas and Double J have traded #3 and #4. Position #6; formerly JScheibe / Witz has been changed to Natzters2020.
- MaddMike and therealmatatat have again traded #9 and #10.
See you all after the holiday season, hope you all have a wonderful time!
TimmyT had a great, long streak with a Plus -- worthy of celebration. By contrast, a here-and-gone so fast on the V1 Daystreak that only by chance I saw it and took a screenshot, was Frasse of Sweden in the #5 slot early Saturday morning.
@blkwalnutgrwr It's always a shame to see a long streak vanish especially those over a year or in their case a 1.5 years! I wonder if the plus will ever see a streak that long again?
I'd love for FM to maybe have a page dedicated to streaks so they're not lost to time once you stop. I imagine the data exists somewhere on their database.
@blkwalnutgrwr Nice current odometer reading of 9876.
Guess who forgot what day it is!
Last update of 2020. Thank you everyone for trying to make the most of 2020. It's been a pretty diabolical year for a lot of people so everyone's efforts to make it more bearable. Here's hoping to a better 2021!
Before we get into it, anyone got any goals for next year?
- On the Pint XXUXXO has dropped off #4 after their year+ streak. wheelking has taken their place with Nomaddreamer taking #5.
For the Plus 63TonyRoberts303 has ended their daystreak making room for OnewheelMobShop at #5.
- Correction: 63TonyRoberts303 appears to have renamed themselves to OnewheelMobShop *
- Likewise on the V1 Clorentz has ended their streak with asaptamale taking #5.
- Not a whole lot happened this week. On the V1 andrew_mangel relinked their board appearing at #3. In doing so everyone else moved down knocking hafid off #10.
Hi @Lia -- Action under the radar this week: On the V1 Daystreak Leaderboard that I like to watch, first 'Clorentz' and 'Bujubson' traded places a few times in a few days - slight mileage advantages one way and the other being the deciding factor. Then when 'Clorentz' ended their streak, a succession of several different riders from several different countries appeared, traded in and out, and like 'Frasse' from Sweden last week, faded from Leaderboard awareness. From the United Kingdom 'ajfawaz' made an appearance, from Spain it was 'Gabito', and at least twice this week, from the United States, 'asaptamale'. At one point this week entry to slot five on the V1 Daystreak Leaderboard -- at its lowest -- was simply three days riding.
And I think two riders changed their handles: 'Natzters' added 'Witzwheel' - her sponsor, and '631TonyRobert303' changed to '@OnewheelMobShop' -- maybe another sponsorship? Any thoughts on a possible trend here to Onewheel Leaderboard sponsorships?
@blkwalnutgrwr Wow a lot did happen. I do notice by the end of the week a few places change around frequently.
I assumed with the daystreaks if 2 riders had the same streak it would be whoever updated their streak for that day stayed first. Is it actually based on mileage from your experience?
ajfawaz is a familiar name, I think I've seen their rides show on my map in the neighbouring city MK. Maybe next time I'm riding round there I'll see if I can do a group ride or something since they're still active. I am, as far as I'm aware, the only active rider for a few miles in my area according to the ride map :(
Do you think it's a sponsorship for Natzters? I did notice the name changed a few times on my last post where they had previously been JScheibe and Witz too. As for OnewheelMobShop could they have changed the name after repairing a board or something or even just own the boards themselves? It does appear to be the same rider as 631TonyRobert303 having looked back at my logs of the leaderboard so I'll correct the image in the previous post :)
Not sure how to feel about sponsorships on the leaderboard. People are free to do as they please but it just corperatises the leaderboard and gives it a value other than achievement and recognition amongst peers. It doesn't bother me either way, I just don't think I'd personally sell my name in exchange for advertisement.
@Lia -- I love your Onewheel cartoon character more or less fruitlessly, gently poking and prodding the Leaderboard into action with a stick, "C'mon, do something." Some of the coolest things about the Leaderboards are the hidden stories. You ride in the mist, the rain, the dark, and through flowing streams daily in the UK. HannahsDax showed us having Onewheel winter fun with lights and celebration in Colorado. I enjoy watching riders challenging each other and leap-frogging for position on the Leaderboard.
I am pretty sure that if two or more riders tie for number of days in a streak, then the second criteria is mileage. We should watch closely next time it happens.
While I usually ride solo, on three occasions I have encountered other riders in the wild in my 'neighborhood.' Exciting it was to see, and to stop and talk a bit. Rarely have I ridden with others.
Witz had a recent post on Facebook in which he introduced his sponsored rider. A serious mileage rider, she had trouble with her board I think, and Witz renewed it. I do like her naming solution -- 'Handle-Sponsor' -- which preserves the individual achievement.
While I am not sure about sponsorships myself either, if I was desperate to get back to riding and had not other means with which to do so, I would likely consider it. Many sports use sponsorships.
@blkwalnutgrwr Aha thanks, just a tweak to an existing meme. Was the only time I'd seen the entire daystreak section not move for a week. I would like to see a few more stories shared about journeys, maybe an overhaul of the ride feature to let you pin spots with pics or videos. I only say this because those 20km+ rides can never be summed up with a single image.
The leap frogging is quite fun to see, especially on the mileage board where the same names frequently pull ahead now and then.
I've ridden once with another Onewheeler. Was a friend of my brother who got an XR but later sold it. Was a shame but he didn't ride it all that much. Can't wait for the one day I do ride across another rider lol.
Ah that makes sense. Witz did post a fair bit on Reddit but hasn't recently. I assume it's due to the rules regarding the bi-weekly vendor post limit which may discourage him posting. Was a shame since I really enjoyed seeing repaired Onewheels. On that topic I'm soon to be the proud owner of a Pint that got snapped in half by a hit and run up north of me. Rider was fine but the board looked pretty beaten up...
I guess putting it that way it makes a bit more sense. Onewheeling albeit not entirely physical is certainly worth classifying as a sport.
@Lia -- The broken-in-half Pint rebuild sounds like a fun project with interesting possibilities! Best of luck, and please share how it goes!
@blkwalnutgrwr Some action on the XR overall mileage leaderboard between VinceVaughn and stevie_wondaa going on. At one point on Monday stevie was #2.
@HanahsDax -- Yes! A mile apart as of this moment! Fun to watch how long it can keep up, matching and trading places -- very aware of each others progress.
Musical chairs, indeed! Four of the five current riders on the V1 Daystreak have already held the number one slot! And every other position, too, there! Such a small world of V1 riders.
Apologies for it being a day late D:
New year, new roadmap ahead. Hope you've all got plenty of stoke planned this year!
- Appears only the V1 has seen some movement this week with asaptamale resigning #5 with kevinharpertime taking their place.
- More fighting on the XR side, this week stevie_wondaa has nudged ahead of VINCEVAUGN taking #2 from them.
- For the Pint it appears VRP has been overtake by i2aul who sits at the #10 spot.
Hi @Lia -- Looks more to me like @stevie_wondaa has done the nudging to #2 on the XR mileage Leaderboard. A question is, can they keep it up? -- Because overall, VINCEVAUGHN has been averaging very close to 19 miles per day for more than a year and a half now. At this point in time almost 100 miles separate the two riders.
@blkwalnutgrwr Ah the layer in PS was still transparent. Fixed!