Watching Action on the Leaderboards
A couple notable changes today. S. Leon NE Ohio is now the current “day streak” V1 mileage leader passing the current V1 #1 day streak leader by 8 miles in 15 less days. The Pint day streak leaderboard now has another year long rider in wheelking.
Lots of movement on the mileage side, lets see where everything has settled this week.
- V1 see's some activity as usual. Bujubson and kevinharpertime have ended their streak at positions #4 and #5. In their place davidteehee and a familiar Clorentz rejoin the top 5.
- More shuffling around across all boards this week. Blue and CarpetFace exchange #6 and #7 while Mcdicks unlinks their board making way for CaptainBuddy to move up the ranks to #9 with Nguyen taking #10.
- i2aul and McFloaty on the Pint have swapped #9 and #10.
- MaddMike has overtaken chickenZiggy, taking #8 as they climb up the top 10 on the Plus.
- EgaenotS has relinked their board after nearly a month, reclaiming their spot on the top 10 at #7. Everyone else below moves down and in turn knocks Robert 208 off the top 10.
Great work on tracking the changes. Super clear to follow...
On a side note the OW+ might get me in the top 20 soon. Crazy how I am advancing in just days vs on the XR and Pint to make even one position advancement takes a week sometimes.
@LidPhones Many thanks :)
To be honest @blkwalnutgrwr does a much better job keeping track, I just do a graphic every Sunday at this point so I sometimes miss things that happen between the 2.
Look forward to seeing you up there. The newer models appear to have more active riders on them so moving up the ranks can be difficult. I haven't seen the XR daystreak update in a very long time lol.
blkwalnutgrwr last edited by
@LidPhones -- Impressed with your dedication of riding three boards daily, I have a question. To see the progress on all three, do you have three accounts set up? And if so, then how much hassle is it to switch from one to another? At this moment in time I am almost ready to unlink my V1 in order to see progress on my Plus. Thanks for posting the screenshots of the status of each of your boards.
Yes to not get a blended experience with more than one OW on an account I created unique accounts for each OW. Then luckily I have access to 3 devices (phones and tablets) to capture data on. If you wanted to log in on one device it works well and is not that bad on iOS devices where the passwords are saved with either face id or touch id. Doing this method of logging in and out means your recorded rides may need to be download each time. Ideally I got an iPod touch vs the old android phone so it is smoother and unifies the interface.
Lia last edited by Lia
- Nomaddreamer has woken from the dream causing them to fall off their daystreak for the Pint. Warm welcome to Rkies at #5 with 314 days under their belt currently.
- Clorentz has left the top 5 again making way for bridgetheckler to seize #5. I'm sure we'll see them again soon.
- With positions #5 through to #8 being within a few hundred miles on the XR it's not uncommon to see these places shift around as we've done previously. However this week Zigon CBR has leapt up 2 positions now sitting at #6. CarpetFace managed to get some extra mile in leaving Blue to lose 2 positions and find themselves at #8.
- Mattsplat has changed their name on the Pint to Closermypretty. Maybe in reference to coming near 10,000 miles (or 9000 if that's still relevant). Natztera has edged out F.A.T, stealing #5 from them.
- On the V1 @blkwalnutgrwr has updated their name to include their model number.
blkwalnutgrwr last edited by blkwalnutgrwr
"Closer my pretty..." is a line used in the 1940's movie "The Wizard of Oz" by the Wicked Witch beckoning the main character, young Dorothy. Perhaps it is used here as a beckoning or acknowledgement of Natzters-Witzwheel in their avowed quest to climb the Pint mileage Leaderboard to the top.
@blkwalnutgrwr That's also another possible reason. We best keep an eye on it and see what happens.
blkwalnutgrwr last edited by blkwalnutgrwr
@Lia -- Another name/handle change this week (and perhaps reflecting a new sponsorship) has been on the Plus mileage Leaderboard: chickenZIGGY is now @mattsheltz.
It finally happened, my streak didn't register and looks like I've fallen off. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Checked the app just a while ago to find it didn't sync, it has now but after the midnight cutoff so I'm met with the "No Daystreak" message with my 3km quick roll around the town not counting.
650 days was a good run I guess. Best of luck to everyone else keeping theirs alive.
@Lia Damn, so sorry to hear. I hope it recognizes your lifetime odometer change and corrects when it hits midnight in the U.S. I always expected you to be the one to pass my current streak with your knowledge and tenacity. You had a great run and should be proud of your accomplishment. If I wake tomorrow morning, day 808 will be dedicated to Lia/ComikzInk.
Thanks @HanahsDax , I’d like for it to update but I’ll accept my loss if not. Seen plenty lose their streak without getting on the board so I’m at least happy I got some time up on the top 5.
Many thanks for the tribute to my streak, I appreciate the gesture. Keep up that streak of yours for me :)
blkwalnutgrwr last edited by
@Lia -- Wow! One of the rarified few longest streaks achieved!
stinkyface last edited by
@Lia top 5 is out of this world. I'd be happy with top 100.
I'd suggest celebrating the accomplishment with a nice long ride to remember it's not only for the leaderboard cred.
That is a real bummer on your lost streak...
Thanks for all the support, happy to be around others that share a similar attachment to the challenge that is keeping up a daystreak.
Was considering taking a break after this with the weather being unusally horrible and lockdown limiting me to ride no further than within my small town. However I figured since I know I rode yesterday I'll keep going. Albeit my official streak ended; personally I'm still going and never stopped.
Besides... gives me a new challenge to not only reach #1 but get back up there in the first place.
...Just this time I'll stare at the app till it registers the damn ride!
The day streak leaderboard is already inaccurate. I got my XR on June 19, 2018. I rode everyday while connecting to app and never made the day streak leaderboard even though my records said I should’ve been at number 1 after a few months.
Out of frustration and attending an in-laws wedding on September 28, 2018 I didn’t ride that day, the only day I haven’t rode my XR since ownership. I woke up the next day and was pissed off at myself for not riding, I had my board just chose not to, believing I would never get on the leaderboard. My day streak record should be at 843 not 808. For some weird reason the app decided my streak began on November 3, 2018 while we were on a vacation/road trip from Colorado to Las Vegas and California.Not sure why.
I’ve earn the respect from fellow riders who I share the same respect for and to me that’s more important than any FM recognition. “When we were kids, belonging felt good. But having respect. That feels even better.”
@HanahsDax Learnt to keep screenies early on although I only started doing daily ones a bit later. Always fun to look back on them, see the names that were on there and enjoy the pics and vids I took along the way.
Interesting quirk of the leaderboard you noticed, wonder if those were early teething problems that the previous gen boards had too? I've noticed a few issues too which are still occurring today.
- If you ride more than 16km but don't have the app open then later sync the app it will always say you rode no more than 16km on the daystreak's mileage counter. If you have the app open while riding it doesn't do this. Oddly enough the mileage leaderboard counter doesn't have this same issue. This loss isn't later added back on so if you ride 16Km+ without syncing that counter begins to slip. I think my previous streak was a few hundred out before I noticed.
- Also on 60km+ rides the main page's trip odometer resets at a certain point even while riding. Can't remember the exact number but it's around 60-70Km. Watched it do it when testing my big 16Ah VNR battery and was extremely confused. Watched it do it again on another super long ride so it wasn't a one off.
I like that saying, rings very true. Thankful for all the genuine and friendly people I've had the pleasure of sharing the same hobby and commitment with.
Here we are, Sunday again and looks like a lot has gone on in the prior week.
So much so I've had to once again extend the daystreak area!
- Feels odd reporting on myself, Lia on the XR is a numpty and fell off #3. #4 and #5 move up a place and in turn BUHLL appears at #5 with a year and a half under their belt. Unless @Future-Motion come out with a new flagship board I can see the bar to entry on the XR being 2 years soon!
- Plus rider Middle-Aged-Boy has ended their streak at #3 with all below moving up the ranks. Chuckb takes #5 with nearly half a year of riding daily.
- V1.... where do I begin. #1 Bryanrapoza , #2 @blkwalnutgrwr , #4 davidteehee and #5 bridgetheckler have all ended their streak, leaving @HanahsDax to take up #1. Filling the void of positions we have #2 Robert 208 , #3 Wesley , #4 Moist_Pinecone and #5 davinmackay.
- Zigon CBR on the XR continues their climb up the ranks now taking #5 from PASCH. At this rate it looks like they'll be at #2 in no time.
- Another rider climbing the board is Natztera-Witzwheel over on the Pint who has overtaken Double J; taking #4.
- Odd one on the Plus, OnewheelJefe has unlinked one of their boards being the one up at #1 however still holding their other Plus which has taken #4 after the positions all move up. All except NJacobs at #7 who was overtaken by MaddMikes at #6. At #10 we see Vunveel appear.