Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• @Lia
    So 90 days or so might get me into the 20 on the Pint which runs on pace with my current ~ 5 spots / 30 day advancement. Of coarse this is all given someone above me has an issue and did not log the Daily Mile... Hey that could be a great Onewheel blog..... "The Daily Mile"

• Okay... I have an Idea to share soon. I also just captured
    TheDailyMile.me

• With a streak of ONE SINGLE DAY a V1 rider achieved entry onto the Daystreak Leaderboard!
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    Screenshot taken at 11:54 am EST, February 16, 2021.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Has it ever been just 4 places before?
    Curious if there has been a day where only 4 riders rode. Would be a sad day to see mind you.

• @Lia -- Sputtering out! This is the first I have ever seen a Onewheel rider on the Leaderboard with a single day's ride. Two and three day streaks are pathetic, too -- although it is kind of fun, almost just owning a V1 can give a person a claim to fame.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    I agree and have thought about trying to buy my V1 back if possible. My only concern is the 500 watt motor that was a bit low on power for my 240 lbs.... ;-)

• @LidPhones -- For great torque reserves on a V1 (or a Plus), parallel in an EGO battery -- the bigger the better.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    Absolutely agree. I have 50Ah (updated from 30Ah) of EGO on the ready for the Plus. I have been a fan of the ego machines for some years.

• @LidPhones Part of me hopes you've tried wiring up all 30Ah to see how far you could get before you ran out of daylight.

• @Lia
    I have a goal to do 250 plus (300 ideally) miles in a day this spring or likely summer. I should have my hot swapping Plus built out with a ego 2.5 inside and then two 5 or 7.5s on the fender mounts.

In 2020 I did 100 miles in 24hours with an ego extender and factory internal on my XR (50% down time for charging)

With all EGO and and a charging crew to follow me I should be done in say 21 hours....

• @LidPhones That's nuts!!! Can't wait to hear how that goes. Would love to see you document the journey in a thread :)

Pales in comparison to your setup and intentions but I've got a DIY 16Ah battery that I've managed about 60mi on in one go but plan one day to grab a hypercharger and attempt 120mi if my legs will survive. Not sure they will considering my footwear choice is far from ideal >.>

• @LidPhones said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

I have a goal to do 250 plus (300 ideally) miles in a day this spring or likely summer.
    <snip>
    With all EGO and and a charging crew to follow me I should be done in say 21 hours....

WOW! Can't wait to hear about this amazing adventure. (My legs are weak just thinking of such mileage.) If you give us a heads up we'll be praying for your safety, strength and perseverance.

• @LidPhones -- I am curious about your hot-swap technique. With my V1 I can hot-swap because I removed the onboard battery and BMS entirely, so the EGO is the only power. You have another option?

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    My Zombied Plus still has an OEM battery and my plan is to modify the deck and battery compartment to allow for swapping a 2.5AH Ego in that area and then wire in parallel 7.5Ah and 5Ah on the fender (might make an aluminum version).

• @LidPhones -- I will be very curious to see the fit of a 2.5 ah EGO in or on the tail of a Onewheel. If it is workable, I would be up for trying it.

A word of caution, as you probably know, take care in the parallel hook-up. Adjusting the straps holding two EGO batteries to my fender, one battery fell out of its pronged connector, the prongs of which arced and shorted on my aluminum rail -- saved from major damage by the internal fuse of the EGO. But then I had to dismantle the EGO with the blown fuse and solder in a replacement.

Now, using two EGO batteries I use friction-fit stays holding the connectors tightly in their respective batteries.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    Absolutely. I plan to use lock in battery connections on the EGO packs

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

I don't usually do minor updates but a post over on reddit caught my eye.

Caboozel has lost their streak at position #19 on the Pint after 244 days due to a board failure preventing them from charging the board. Hoping the repair is cheap, quick and they get back to their mission of continuing a streak.

Yeah, I was hoping when FM did the app update a few months ago then a “rider” wouldn’t be connected to just one board. Kinda they way they made it seem. Meaning if I rode my V1 it would count towards the “rider” streak not just the particular model.

• @blkwalnutgrwr You seem to keep good documentation on the leaderboard. Correct me if I am wrong but @FranKtheTanK unlinked a V1 with 15,000 miles and the #1 V1 overall mileage leader. They also have a 238 day streak on a Plus with almost 4,000 miles while also currently being #2 on the V1 overall mileage on another board with almost 7,000 miles on it giving them around 26,000 total miles. Unless one of the boards was purchased used and had thousands of miles recorded already, this rider is truly the highest mileage rider.

• @HanahsDax -- Indeed, FranKtheTanK is a long time SERIOUS DISTANCE RIDER who I am in awe of!

And you, HanahsDax, are a long time SERIOUS STREAK RIDER who I am also in awe of!

• @HanahsDax said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

Yeah, I was hoping when FM did the app update a few months ago then a “rider” wouldn’t be connected to just one board. Kinda they way they made it seem. Meaning if I rode my V1 it would count towards the “rider” streak not just the particular model.

Hadn't thought about that, would really suck if that was the case.
    I have wondered with the Pint if it's worth me using an old phone and separate account or keep them both on the same account.

I'm still on the previous update and not sure I'll go to this one. Features seem cool but seen a few posts about bad ride data have put me off along with the continued locking down of the boards.