Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• @LidPhones -- I will be very curious to see the fit of a 2.5 ah EGO in or on the tail of a Onewheel. If it is workable, I would be up for trying it.

A word of caution, as you probably know, take care in the parallel hook-up. Adjusting the straps holding two EGO batteries to my fender, one battery fell out of its pronged connector, the prongs of which arced and shorted on my aluminum rail -- saved from major damage by the internal fuse of the EGO. But then I had to dismantle the EGO with the blown fuse and solder in a replacement.

Now, using two EGO batteries I use friction-fit stays holding the connectors tightly in their respective batteries.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    Absolutely. I plan to use lock in battery connections on the EGO packs

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

I don't usually do minor updates but a post over on reddit caught my eye.

Caboozel has lost their streak at position #19 on the Pint after 244 days due to a board failure preventing them from charging the board. Hoping the repair is cheap, quick and they get back to their mission of continuing a streak.

Yeah, I was hoping when FM did the app update a few months ago then a “rider” wouldn’t be connected to just one board. Kinda they way they made it seem. Meaning if I rode my V1 it would count towards the “rider” streak not just the particular model.

• @blkwalnutgrwr You seem to keep good documentation on the leaderboard. Correct me if I am wrong but @FranKtheTanK unlinked a V1 with 15,000 miles and the #1 V1 overall mileage leader. They also have a 238 day streak on a Plus with almost 4,000 miles while also currently being #2 on the V1 overall mileage on another board with almost 7,000 miles on it giving them around 26,000 total miles. Unless one of the boards was purchased used and had thousands of miles recorded already, this rider is truly the highest mileage rider.

• @HanahsDax -- Indeed, FranKtheTanK is a long time SERIOUS DISTANCE RIDER who I am in awe of!

And you, HanahsDax, are a long time SERIOUS STREAK RIDER who I am also in awe of!

• @HanahsDax said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

Yeah, I was hoping when FM did the app update a few months ago then a “rider” wouldn’t be connected to just one board. Kinda they way they made it seem. Meaning if I rode my V1 it would count towards the “rider” streak not just the particular model.

Hadn't thought about that, would really suck if that was the case.
    I have wondered with the Pint if it's worth me using an old phone and separate account or keep them both on the same account.

I'm still on the previous update and not sure I'll go to this one. Features seem cool but seen a few posts about bad ride data have put me off along with the continued locking down of the boards.

• Starting to see some more activity recently.
    2021 Week 08.png

Daystreak

• New week, new riders on the V1 #2 - #5. Cosimosi, hafid and Robert 208 have departed the leaderboard. Wesley, Kunnieva and Todd take #2,#3 and #4 with davidteehee reappearing at #5.
    • Plus rider OnewheelMobShop has updated their name to "VNR your plus" with FranKtheTanK adding a skull in front of their name.

Mileage

• Pint Rider Cameron- fuego has unlinked their board meaning everyone below #3 move up. VRP re-appears at #10.
    • Over on the Plus OnewheelJefe has linked their second board-reclaiming #1 as well as holding #4. TMLS-L has in turn be knocked off #10.
    • Budday Binko on the V1 has relinked their board and showing up at #6 and causing Normanda Onewheel off the top 10.

• @Lia -- So fast and furious was the action on the V1 Daystreak Leaderboard that I probably did not keep up with the blizzard. Besides the eight riders you mention, I saw thirteen others make appearances on the board -- only five whose names I recognized from past weeks. That's at least twenty-one riders placing in one single week!

• @blkwalnutgrwr That's amazing. I guess that's one benefit to the V1 streak being the way it is, we get to see a variety or current riders.

That being said at one point I wanted to work on a thread dedicated to logging everyone I could that's ever featured legitimately on the leaderboard. With the variety of those on the V1 I think I'd have gotten worn out adding new people daily. It would have probably ended up as a community project to crowdsource data since mine only goes back so far which would be a shame to miss some classic riders who deserve to have their names recognised.

• Thought I would share this screenshot from a few days ago. Who knows when the next time the leaderboard will have 4 riders with the same amount of days with just the mileage separating the rankings.
    C562C983-934D-493D-A0B3-2843B25014F5.jpeg

• Last day of February, Spring is round the corner!!!
    2021 Week 09.png
    Daystreak

• Hell froze over again, the XR top 5 has updated. Unfortunately this means another devoted rider has lost their streak. VinceVaughn appears to have dropped off of #4 with Buhll taking their spot. Peaking their head at #5 onewheelwaiter appears at an impressive year and a half of streakage.
    • V1 time, looks like we've got more commitment this week as almost all riders have been at it more than a week. We say goodbye to Wesley, Kunnieva, Todd and davidteehee and in comes hafid, Clorentz, Andre Danforth and AeroConcepts at positions #2 through to #5 respectively. Assuming more V1 riders come out of hibernation we may see less variety in names appearing.

Mileage

• YonhnoFrisco has overtaken stevie_wondaa on the XR, taking #2 from them. The gap between them and #1 OneWheelWing is still an insane 10000km though so if they're after that spot they've got a lot of ground to cover. Most XR's don't even have that sort of distance logged on them might I add!
    • Pint rider David has been dropped down to #8 as i2aul and Jaredzaz zoom ahead taking #6 and #7. As fast as VRP re-appears on the top 10 they get knocked off again as Ksway19 swoops in and takes the spot from them.

• @HanahsDax
    Very cool grab....