Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

appears to be taken by Neonstain

So cool. These photos have some powerful storytelling! I really enjoyed spending some time with them this morning. Thanks for posting the link!

• Thought it was Saturday today. I need power cycling...
    2021 Week 30.png
    Daystreak

• Back to the V1 for our daystreak updates. Ballagio ends their streak at #5 again, in their place Alukth pops up.

Mileage

• Pint rider McFloaty has been overtaken and bumped off the top10. Taking the #10 spot is AnguaOfStockholm.
    • Back to the V1 again, andrew_mangel has edged ahead of onewheeltour.ch, taking #5 from them.

Figured I'd start crediting the banner photo's in case anyone wants to know where they come from. This week's one was from San Diego Onewheel.

This week's one was from San Diego Onewheel.

Hmmm ... Jesse's feet?

Edited to add: Where are you finding that the Leaderboard shows a banner photo?

• @HorsePlay I usually just google "Onewheel" then in the tools option ask it to only show me images from at most 1 week ago. That way I lessen the chances of re-using the same image which I've nearly done a few times having done a few of these now :)

• Oooooh! So you are creating that banner. Very cool. Thx!

(I was going slightly nuts wondering what app/webpage you were capturing that included the banner and the 4-column format. I couldn't find that layout anywhere ... lol.)

• Congratulations @hattifnatt a.k.a. AngusOfStockholm on reaching the top 10 mileage leaderboard on a Pint. Nice work!

• @HanahsDax Haha, thanks! I love my Pint and I’ve always admired the dedication of the people on the leaderboards, so it feels really cool to join the group.

Pint isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I don’t have any kind of attitude - so I just keep on waving to little kids and old ladies wherever I ride, and just basically try to have a happy time whether I’m in the city, on country highways or forest trails. Float life. 🤙

• @Lia Thanks, that was great! A couple days ago I decided to have onewheel_souvenirs create a tag for me. My intentions are to pass this tag on to the next rider who reaches 1000 days of riding in a row and have them pass it on to the next rider and so on. I can’t wait to see it in your hands one day.
    043612E6-E8FC-489D-8C79-28B97D6E1A2C.jpeg

• @HanahsDax -- Impressive! Riding with verve, persistence and dedication! Congratulations!

• @HanahsDax Congratulations on 1000! Time flew since your last milestone.
    Hope that 1000th ride was as zen as I imagine it should be for such a monumentous achievement.

Love the idea of a tag to pass around to the next rider. Wonder if @Future-Motion has something planned to give you to celebrate also. Regardless I've been secretly working on something to send back to you with the controller that you get to keep in celebration of 1000 days.

Any plans to celebrate the occasion? Very fitting it landed on a Friday ;)

• @Lia That’s wonderful. Thanks again. No big plans just another day of riding.

• The Leaderboard has been "inop" for me most of today. My hubby noticed it, too. We both went out to ride another mile at 9P local when the leaderboard came back ... but our miles didn't register. So ... I might lose my streak at 200 days. At least it is a nice number.

Anyone else notice leaderboard issues today?

EDITED TO ADD: Just found a comment from Lia on Reddit noting that FM's servers were down, service "spotty." Hoping it comes back up and resyncs correctly!

@Lia, thanks for putting a comment out there in today's livestream chat. :)
    I can't believe how that finished ... what a day. What an exciting finish ... especially for those of us in San Diego! Wowza.

• @HorsePlay Don't think streaks will be lost thankfully :) Funnily enough the issue started around the time I was logging my streak, was there at the start and gone before I finished the ride.

Mine never updated before the midnight cutoff yesterday yet the streak still shows as it did before the deadline so I suspect the leaderboards are in a "Read-Only" state. I imagine they got the servers back up since I can see them again but for whatever reason they entered a safe mode to protect data and left it there to work on today or just missed it (which happens, I've been there lol)

RFTR was insane. I thought the women's was tense but the boys turned it up a level! Chat was lovely too, first time catching these live and I don't regret staying past 3am both nights to catch it lol.

Mine never updated before the midnight cutoff yesterday yet the streak still shows as it did before the deadline so I suspect the leaderboards are in a "Read-Only" state. I imagine they got the servers back up since I can see them again but for whatever reason they entered a safe mode to protect data and left it there to work on today or just missed it (which happens, I've been there lol)

My poor hubby was so bent out of shape over the Leaderboard's behaviors yesterday and especially late last night. A couple of his comments were pretty cute ...

• "FM's IT is their Achilles Heel. It is time to make this robust and quit running it off Ted's laptop."
    • "FM should be clustering their servers ... sure have some on US West Coast but, more importantly, put some in the UK and have @Lia manage them. She has the technical chops!"

• @HorsePlay Awww I feel the pain, been there a few times. Loving the comments :)

I think there will be clustering on the server, it looks like it's hosted on an AWS server (Amazon). IP has been changing a few times, not sure if that's just load balancing or related to the work being carried out.
    38b73888-766c-4c83-a15a-7267deb339f2-image.png
    Would be an honour to be given access to the big "reboot" button but I'm happy being an end user xD
    Got the stress of maintaining hosted telecoms for the dayjob and even then I'm not "senior engineer" (thankfully lol).

• Been a phenomenal amount of great things happen this week!

2021 Week 31.png
    First of all a big congratulations to Tyler James and Zoe Thomas for winning this years Race For The Rail. Was an amazing set of races and well worth the watch with plenty of action.

Moreover in case anyone missed it @HanahsDax finally made it to 1000 days of unbroken riding. Although not officially noticed by the leaderboards due to the XR falling victim to a hardware failure the V1 in all it's glory carried the torch... or rather Dax to that milestone.

Currently FM are experiencing server issues which has been ongoing for over 24 hours. Because of this today's info is technically yesterdays. Fingers crossed the resolve the freeze and everyone retains their positions.

Daystreak

• Billet float over on the XR has ended their streak not too far off 2 years. Guvnor moves into position #4 whilst 801WHEEL -sToker J takes #5. I'm assuming this is the same 801Wheel from the V1 streak.

Mileage

• PASCH appears to have unlinked their XR allowing Fuser to jump up to #9 and Nguyen to make their way back into the top 10.
    • Pint riders trappedinanelevator and Ksway19 have swapped places with Carl maintaining #8 in the middle of them.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr and Frank maintain a joint #5 on the Plus whilst OnewheelJefe drops off the triple 5 club down to #7.

First of all a big congratulations to Tyler James and Zoe Thomas for winning this years Race For The Rail. Was an amazing set of races and well worth the watch with plenty of action.

Indeed! Nail biting!

(A bit tense for me with the Men's run. I've been a Kyle/AJ fan since my earliest OneWheel research. Great vids!)

• @HorsePlay That vid was really decent, makes me want to learn to do some tricks. I can barely ride switch or even reverse for long periods >.>

makes me want to learn to do some tricks.

Not to hijack the Leaderboard thread ... but here is a vid with Kyle, Tyler and, I believe, Allison practicing tricks on the streets of downtown San Diego.

Edited to add: I love your banner for this week's graphic!