Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• @Lia Thanks, that was great! A couple days ago I decided to have onewheel_souvenirs create a tag for me. My intentions are to pass this tag on to the next rider who reaches 1000 days of riding in a row and have them pass it on to the next rider and so on. I can’t wait to see it in your hands one day.
    043612E6-E8FC-489D-8C79-28B97D6E1A2C.jpeg

• @HanahsDax -- Impressive! Riding with verve, persistence and dedication! Congratulations!

• @HanahsDax Congratulations on 1000! Time flew since your last milestone.
    Hope that 1000th ride was as zen as I imagine it should be for such a monumentous achievement.

Love the idea of a tag to pass around to the next rider. Wonder if @Future-Motion has something planned to give you to celebrate also. Regardless I've been secretly working on something to send back to you with the controller that you get to keep in celebration of 1000 days.

Any plans to celebrate the occasion? Very fitting it landed on a Friday ;)

• @Lia That’s wonderful. Thanks again. No big plans just another day of riding.

• The Leaderboard has been "inop" for me most of today. My hubby noticed it, too. We both went out to ride another mile at 9P local when the leaderboard came back ... but our miles didn't register. So ... I might lose my streak at 200 days. At least it is a nice number.

Anyone else notice leaderboard issues today?

EDITED TO ADD: Just found a comment from Lia on Reddit noting that FM's servers were down, service "spotty." Hoping it comes back up and resyncs correctly!

@Lia, thanks for putting a comment out there in today's livestream chat. :)
    I can't believe how that finished ... what a day. What an exciting finish ... especially for those of us in San Diego! Wowza.

• @HorsePlay Don't think streaks will be lost thankfully :) Funnily enough the issue started around the time I was logging my streak, was there at the start and gone before I finished the ride.

Mine never updated before the midnight cutoff yesterday yet the streak still shows as it did before the deadline so I suspect the leaderboards are in a "Read-Only" state. I imagine they got the servers back up since I can see them again but for whatever reason they entered a safe mode to protect data and left it there to work on today or just missed it (which happens, I've been there lol)

RFTR was insane. I thought the women's was tense but the boys turned it up a level! Chat was lovely too, first time catching these live and I don't regret staying past 3am both nights to catch it lol.

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

Mine never updated before the midnight cutoff yesterday yet the streak still shows as it did before the deadline so I suspect the leaderboards are in a "Read-Only" state. I imagine they got the servers back up since I can see them again but for whatever reason they entered a safe mode to protect data and left it there to work on today or just missed it (which happens, I've been there lol)

My poor hubby was so bent out of shape over the Leaderboard's behaviors yesterday and especially late last night. A couple of his comments were pretty cute ...

• "FM's IT is their Achilles Heel. It is time to make this robust and quit running it off Ted's laptop."
    • "FM should be clustering their servers ... sure have some on US West Coast but, more importantly, put some in the UK and have @Lia manage them. She has the technical chops!"

• @HorsePlay Awww I feel the pain, been there a few times. Loving the comments :)

I think there will be clustering on the server, it looks like it's hosted on an AWS server (Amazon). IP has been changing a few times, not sure if that's just load balancing or related to the work being carried out.
    38b73888-766c-4c83-a15a-7267deb339f2-image.png
    Would be an honour to be given access to the big "reboot" button but I'm happy being an end user xD
    Got the stress of maintaining hosted telecoms for the dayjob and even then I'm not "senior engineer" (thankfully lol).

• Been a phenomenal amount of great things happen this week!

2021 Week 31.png
    First of all a big congratulations to Tyler James and Zoe Thomas for winning this years Race For The Rail. Was an amazing set of races and well worth the watch with plenty of action.

Moreover in case anyone missed it @HanahsDax finally made it to 1000 days of unbroken riding. Although not officially noticed by the leaderboards due to the XR falling victim to a hardware failure the V1 in all it's glory carried the torch... or rather Dax to that milestone.

Currently FM are experiencing server issues which has been ongoing for over 24 hours. Because of this today's info is technically yesterdays. Fingers crossed the resolve the freeze and everyone retains their positions.

Daystreak

• Billet float over on the XR has ended their streak not too far off 2 years. Guvnor moves into position #4 whilst 801WHEEL -sToker J takes #5. I'm assuming this is the same 801Wheel from the V1 streak.

Mileage

• PASCH appears to have unlinked their XR allowing Fuser to jump up to #9 and Nguyen to make their way back into the top 10.
    • Pint riders trappedinanelevator and Ksway19 have swapped places with Carl maintaining #8 in the middle of them.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr and Frank maintain a joint #5 on the Plus whilst OnewheelJefe drops off the triple 5 club down to #7.

First of all a big congratulations to Tyler James and Zoe Thomas for winning this years Race For The Rail. Was an amazing set of races and well worth the watch with plenty of action.

Indeed! Nail biting!

(A bit tense for me with the Men's run. I've been a Kyle/AJ fan since my earliest OneWheel research. Great vids!)

• @HorsePlay That vid was really decent, makes me want to learn to do some tricks. I can barely ride switch or even reverse for long periods >.>

makes me want to learn to do some tricks.

Not to hijack the Leaderboard thread ... but here is a vid with Kyle, Tyler and, I believe, Allison practicing tricks on the streets of downtown San Diego.

Edited to add: I love your banner for this week's graphic!

• @HorsePlay No probs ;) It was a great vid! Had to sub since the content looks great!

Glad you liked it, thought I had to do them some justice.
    Managed to pull their images from the little splashes FM put up during the stream.

• Done this one early, feel sleepy after a 50km ride to get my second vaccine.
    Didn't want to accidentally doze off and miss it ;)
    2021 Week 32.png

Daystreak

• Plus rider OneWheelMobShop has dropped off #2. Seandonn shows up at #5 after everyone moves up the list.
    • More V1 updates, Phil Chéplus departs #3 which has Ballagio re-appear at #5

Mileage

• Over on the Pint AngusOfStockholm leaps up the ranks going from #10 to #8, leaving Carl and Ksway19 behind.

Banner image is from Instagram user rideonexperience

• You lot are really making me work for these weekly leaderboard updates ;)
    2021 Week 33.png

Daystreak

• Just shy of 2 years chromianiec has ended their streak on the Pint. Hat's off to them for the lengthy streak, I only hope it was on their own terms since more and more of us are losing them for reasons out of our control.
    • Plus rider seandonn has updated their name to gotafli. I would assume this means we won't see them up there next week. Hope they enjoy their flight.

Mileage

• CarpetFace and Blue trade #7 and #6 over on the XR with Nguyen updating their name to ItsAFiesta.
    • Fair bit of movement on the Pint. trappedinanelevator shifts up to #6 and Ksway19 rockets up to #8 having a few shuffle down a few places.
    • OnewheelJefe unlinks one of their Plus boards having various riders move up with chi_gnar appear at #10.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr unlinks their V1 from #2. Everyone below leaps up a rank with kevinharpertime re-appearing at #10.

Banner image is a snippet from FM's latest video "DIRT". Some gnarly tricks (and falls) in it, recommend giving it a watch.

Can I also say how happy I am to see the forum so lively recently.
    Usually to update this post I just look at "recent" and click it from the top few results however I had to scroll for it this time. In the span of a week there were like 8 other active threads going which is really nice to see :)

Banner image is a snippet from FM's latest video "DIRT". Some gnarly tricks (and falls) in it, recommend giving it a watch.

Guessing these are Bodhi's feet?

• Late... bleh Sunday slipped by me like it never existed. It was all a blur of waking late, soldering and research.
    Hope everyone else had a much more stable and eventful weekend~ :D
    2021 Week 34.png
    Daystreak

• Pretty much radio silence. Seandonn has changed their name back on the Plus.

Mileage

• Pint rider Ole Douger has unlinked their board having everyone below #5 shift up a space. At #10 ScottxGRAY appears.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr on a mission to run parallel with other riders on the list has matched i2aul at #4 as he climbs the ranks on the Plus.
    • V1 riders FranKtheTanK and RogueStar unlink their boards too having everyone move up. Shea_nb out of nowhere leaps up to #7 while #10 is populated by Budday BINKO.

Banner image was of a Onewheel stack on an Orlando group ride. Pic taken by floatgangco (linky)

• Well there wasn't much action at the top of the leaderboard...BUT...those #8 and down have moved up a spot. I still can't believe I missed turning on the app yesterday during my ride but after 615 days in a row and #7 on the board I woke up to the dreaded NO DAYSTREAK message. Damn. Anyway, for this 61 year old guy it was quite a run and I've already logged my ride to climb back today so...congratulations to all of the streakers on the boards and keep riding!

• One last thing....now I just might change that Vega that I have...or maybe I'll go for the original tire mileage record. Still looks pretty decent after 4100 miles....