Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• Done this one early, feel sleepy after a 50km ride to get my second vaccine.
    Didn't want to accidentally doze off and miss it ;)
    2021 Week 32.png

Daystreak

• Plus rider OneWheelMobShop has dropped off #2. Seandonn shows up at #5 after everyone moves up the list.
    • More V1 updates, Phil Chéplus departs #3 which has Ballagio re-appear at #5

Mileage

• Over on the Pint AngusOfStockholm leaps up the ranks going from #10 to #8, leaving Carl and Ksway19 behind.

Banner image is from Instagram user rideonexperience

• You lot are really making me work for these weekly leaderboard updates ;)
    2021 Week 33.png

Daystreak

• Just shy of 2 years chromianiec has ended their streak on the Pint. Hat's off to them for the lengthy streak, I only hope it was on their own terms since more and more of us are losing them for reasons out of our control.
    • Plus rider seandonn has updated their name to gotafli. I would assume this means we won't see them up there next week. Hope they enjoy their flight.

Mileage

• CarpetFace and Blue trade #7 and #6 over on the XR with Nguyen updating their name to ItsAFiesta.
    • Fair bit of movement on the Pint. trappedinanelevator shifts up to #6 and Ksway19 rockets up to #8 having a few shuffle down a few places.
    • OnewheelJefe unlinks one of their Plus boards having various riders move up with chi_gnar appear at #10.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr unlinks their V1 from #2. Everyone below leaps up a rank with kevinharpertime re-appearing at #10.

Banner image is a snippet from FM's latest video "DIRT". Some gnarly tricks (and falls) in it, recommend giving it a watch.

Can I also say how happy I am to see the forum so lively recently.
    Usually to update this post I just look at "recent" and click it from the top few results however I had to scroll for it this time. In the span of a week there were like 8 other active threads going which is really nice to see :)

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

Banner image is a snippet from FM's latest video "DIRT". Some gnarly tricks (and falls) in it, recommend giving it a watch.

Guessing these are Bodhi's feet?

• Late... bleh Sunday slipped by me like it never existed. It was all a blur of waking late, soldering and research.
    Hope everyone else had a much more stable and eventful weekend~ :D
    2021 Week 34.png
    Daystreak

• Pretty much radio silence. Seandonn has changed their name back on the Plus.

Mileage

• Pint rider Ole Douger has unlinked their board having everyone below #5 shift up a space. At #10 ScottxGRAY appears.
    • @blkwalnutgrwr on a mission to run parallel with other riders on the list has matched i2aul at #4 as he climbs the ranks on the Plus.
    • V1 riders FranKtheTanK and RogueStar unlink their boards too having everyone move up. Shea_nb out of nowhere leaps up to #7 while #10 is populated by Budday BINKO.

Banner image was of a Onewheel stack on an Orlando group ride. Pic taken by floatgangco (linky)

• Well there wasn't much action at the top of the leaderboard...BUT...those #8 and down have moved up a spot. I still can't believe I missed turning on the app yesterday during my ride but after 615 days in a row and #7 on the board I woke up to the dreaded NO DAYSTREAK message. Damn. Anyway, for this 61 year old guy it was quite a run and I've already logged my ride to climb back today so...congratulations to all of the streakers on the boards and keep riding!

• One last thing....now I just might change that Vega that I have...or maybe I'll go for the original tire mileage record. Still looks pretty decent after 4100 miles....

• @MrV6 Oh no I know that pain. So close to where I lost mine too (650 days).
    Sorry to hear it slipped by although good on you for picking up the torch and starting again. Like myself and a few others we're all keeping our own "unofficial" streaks alive so you're in good company :)

• Although it is not likely to interest anyone but me, at the moment FranKtheTanK is twelve miles away from a three-way tie with me and Jeffrey Gerred for fourth place on the Plus Leaderboard for mileage. To get a screenshot when it happens I plan to monitor the Leaderboard every half hour to detect movement, and once I see he is riding, then every few minutes until he is a mile or two out, then constant monitoring.

• @blkwalnutgrwr I like the sound of this, hoping you manage to do it!

Trying to line things up sounds like a mighty task.
    alt text

• @Lia -- Unpredictable Frank in the past has stopped for a day a mile or so short of where I want him to be, then breezed past with the tie lasting only as long as it took to ride the mile. Maybe, however, he is accommodating to the idea of a triple mileage tie as 12 miles is one of his standard run.

Edit: Well, Frank rode 6 miles this morning in another of his regular runs -- possibly a commute. It means that I have to watch at closer time intervals to catch when he is moving again.

Edit again: Another 3 miles that Frank logged means that I might miss the tie when it comes unless I stay right on top of the phone.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Sounds promising if he's left space for a normal run. Got my fingers crossed for you :)

• Oh, so sorry to read of the restart, @MrV6 ! #7, That is so amazing! And 4100 miles on the original tire? Wow!

I can totally feel your disappointment on realizing that you'd forgotten to sync with the app. UGH! Glad you are already tracking your return towards the top ... isn't it fun for the first few months to see big number changes every day!?!

• One moment FranKtheTanK is on the Leaderboard 3 miles back behind the two-way tie of me and Jeffrey Gerred, and the next moment I look and he is 11 miles ahead of us -- I am guessing that (perhaps aiming to avoid the three-way tie) Frank rode first, and afterward linked to the app. No screenshot thus available; I am glad I got one of the three-way tie at #5.

• @blkwalnutgrwr You had me watching all day long. Bummer. I guess 3 way tie for third?

• @HanahsDax -- Mike at #3 is a thousand miles ahead and, like Frank and me too, loves to ride his Onewheel! It'll be months to even touch his shadow. I'll take a break for a few days now, work on my board, and then I'll push ahead back into the race.

Edit: Maybe with cooperation we could achieve a four-way tie at #2. There are about three thousand miles in which to arrange it.

• @blkwalnutgrwr did you try reaching out to Frank via the cheesy PM/DM feature in the App? Very likely he is completely unaware.

• @stinkyface -- I used my name space on the Leaderboard to communicate. Frank responded by changing the skull icon in his name space to a funnyface, then nixed my original suggestion of a three-way tie at #8 by bumping Nathan to #9 before I got there. Assuming the riders most likely to watch the Leaderboards are those on one, I am pretty sure Frank is more in favor of independent action than cooperative game play -- which is fine.

• @blkwalnutgrwr clearly he is intimidated by your capability to deliver miles...

• Bank holiday Monday tomorrow so completely nearly forgot it was Sunday today.
    2021 Week 35.png

Daystreak

• So it looks like seandonn and gotafli are actually 2 seperate riders on the Plus occupying the #5 spot. When they're not holding #5 I can't tell if they've lost the streak or just behind so I'll assume if they're not there then it's no longer going... just in case.

Mileage

• Pint riders Ksway19 and SCOTTxGRAY have both jumped ahead a spot, taking #6 and #9 respectively while knocking David and Carl down to #7 and #10.
    • As mentioned a earlier in the thread FranKtheTanK has moved on up having missed the 3x 4th place between himself, Jeffrey and @blkwalnutgrwr who now currently maintains #4 with Frank at #5 and Jeffrey now sitting on #6.

Banner image this week is from SUPrents. The full image looks like a great place to ride so I remommend taking a peak ;)

• @HorsePlay Yes it is. Started at 7800 and have whittled it down to 722. I gave the tire a good look over and I think it'll be ready for the scrap heap around 4500 miles. I'm reasonably gentle on this thing and I do run stupid high tire pressure so there's that.