Watching Action on the Leaderboards

• Nothing clever to say up here this week, I'm out of funny juice ;) You'll just have to put up with my ramblings instead.
    2021 Week 36.png

Daystreak

• V1 rider BradMoh has ended their streak. Managed well over 100 days so it's a fair spot to take a rest especially as summer draws to a close (that hurt to type...). Up the ranks everyone goes as we see RetroLego appear at #5.

Mileage

• Pint updates, damn you're all active recently. Natztera re-appears on the board at #3 as does Ole Douger sending a variety of riders down the ranks and knocking Scott and Carl off the top10. Angus during the turmoil overtakes David who now sits tentatively at #10.
    • Plus rider chickenziggy unlinks their board causing therealmatatat to appear at #10 again.
    • Little update over on the V1 with kevinharpertime taking #8 from EgaenotS.

Banner image was from this article posted earlier in the week from an online aircraft magazine. Cool to see other seemingly detached hobbies make a crossover every now and then.

• Missed yesterday as I was out most of the day.
    I did however snag screenies of the leaderboard yesterday so worked off that today to make sure it's valid still :)
    2021 Week 37.png
    Daystreak

• Plus rider seandonn sweeps in and takes the #5 spot again having gotafli disappear again.
    • RetroLego, having only been up on the V1 top 5 briefly has lost their streak with aruuhii2yo taking their spot.

Mileage

• AngusOfStockholm overtook Ole Douger on the Pint, taking the #8 spot from them.
    • FranKtheTanK relinked their V1, appearing back at #7 and sending Buddy Binko off the top 10.

Image is from a recent Burning Man event where Heather Feather can be seen carving on a folding chair mounted on a a very happy looking board.

• @Lia said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

Image is from a recent Burning Man event where Heather Feather can be seen carving on a folding chair mounted on a a very happy looking board.

So I checked the linked article and cannot make out heads/tails of the photo's caption.
    Quote: "Heather Feather has dun as she curses seated on a Onewheel at "Renegade" Burning Man in Black Rock Desert near Gerlach, Nev. on Sept. 4, 2021"

Huh?

• "... has dun ..." ??
      Is this supposed to be "... has fun ..."??
    • "... as she curses seated ..."??
      Is this supposed to be "... as she cruises seated ... "?

Is it just me? (Do I need another cuppa joe this morning?)

• @HorsePlay You know what I read those while tired and they somehow made sense to me at the time. Reading them again I have no idea... Maybe whoever typed it was in the same sleep-deprived headspace lol.

• @Lia I used to work as a copy editor. Now there are no copy editors anymore … and it shows. 😂 So lucky I got out of the business when I did and learned them multimedias.

• @hattifnatt I'm terrible for obvious errors. I have a habit of cutting out segments of text I typed up then forgetting other bits relied on it to make sense.

Shame that profession has seemingly vanished, auto-correct is an awful replacement ;)

• Been a bit offline again the past 2 weeks so sorry if I missed anything. Another very exhausting Sunday but I managed to plonk myself down at the desk.
    2021 Week 38.png
    Daystreak

• For the Plus Seandonn and gotafli are continuing to fight for #5.
    • aruuhii2yo over on the V1 has ended their streak having BradMoh take up #5.

Mileage

• Some more shuffling around on the Pint side. Trappedinanelevator has taken #5 from i2aul whilst SCOTTxGRAY appears at #9 knocking David off the top10 and placing Ole Douger at #10.
    • OnewheelJefe has unlinked their board so everyone shifts up with jrfent appearing at #10.

Struggled a little for a banner image this week so I found another from FM's Dirt video :)

On a separate note next week will be a years worth of me doing this.
    alt text
    Thanks @blkwalnutgrwr for letting me do this! If anyone else would like a go let me know, wouldn't want to keep anyone else from having a go if they want :)

• @Lia -- You do a great job! Thank you for watching the action on the leaderboards, posting the changes, and sharing commentary.

On a separate note next week will be a years worth of me doing this.

THANK YOU, @Lia!

• @Lia Thanks a million for doing this. I guess a lot of people hate on the stats and standings, but it’s just a harmless bit of fun to follow and comment on the happenings. I have always enjoyed this little project. :)))

• Was making a thumbnail earlier and realised something kinda cool, if not for the issue back in January; tomorrow would be my 900th daystreak, alas it will officially be 250 days.

Didn't realise how fast that came up... barely finished making Dax's 1000th celebratory thingy.

On another note the 27th will be the 3rd birthday for my board as of opening it.

• 25th : 900 daystreak
    • 26th : Reddit cake day
    • 27th : Slushy's 3rd birthday

How cute that those all line up. If I'd have known sooner I might have planned something >.>

• Decided to knock this one out early in case I clock out of today early due to my neck hurting a lot.
    2021 Week 39.png

Daystreak

• The battle of the Plus's has ended with seandonn taking victory as gotafli ends their streak. GoneFishin has also ended their streak having Mikejdriver join the top5.

Mileage

• Nothing this week ¯\_(ツ)__/¯

This weeks banner if from the Detroit Onewheel Facebook group ~

• @Lia , Sorry to hear of your pain! A literal "pain in the neck," hmm? I hope you are able to determine the root cause and to straighten it out quickly (perhaps with some chiropractic help??).

My app, this morning, says, "No Daystreak." Hubby and I both noticed that yesterday's activity had not given us credit for the day ... but figured it would simply roll over as it had been doing in similar outages over recent weeks/months. We were riding in an area that had no cell coverage -- but were able to get rides recorded using GPS so we held the "usual hope." Nope; dreaded "No Daystreak."

Hmmmm.

Edited to add: Yesterday I was #44 with 257 days.

Edit #2: My hubby just checked his app ... same. No Daystreak.

:(

• @HorsePlay -- Now you get to watch your climb, again. Forty-four is pretty impressive on the XR Daystreak -- among the most dedicated riders, day in and day out.

• @HorsePlay It's slowly going away, seems like mostly swelling left to let subside.

Sorry to hear both the streaks ended :( Keep an eye on it as it's possible there was a lapse in the database updating and may just need the fresh data to jog it. Happened to me a few months back and recovered after giving me the "No Daystreak" message for a day.

I managed to update mine earlier so maybe doing a ride now will give it the kick it needs?

• @HorsePlay Nice work to both of you on making it to the top 50, you guys can join a good group of riders keeping track of their own personal day streak records. Let us know when you guys hit 300 days!

It's slowly going away, seems like mostly swelling left to let subside.

How are you feeling? How is your inner Ben today? ;-)

Edited to add an important question from the comments:
    Mike in Tampa, "Laser, did you eat that cinnamon bun?"

• @HorsePlay said in Watching Action on the Leaderboards:

How are you feeling? How is your inner Ben today? ;-)

Now that is an inside joke! Been giggling for the past 5 minutes having just put that together xD
    Made my day, thanks :)

Did the streak recover in the end?

Did the streak recover in the end?

No, sadly. So my return to standings looks like this:
    Day 1: #7174
    Day 2: #3189
    Day 3: #2050 :(

I've been writing FM back and forth but I don't think they are willing to help. Much of their help, so far, is "be sure to connect before midnight." They just aren't hearing that their server is playing an evil role in the storyline.

I'm riding daily ... but it isn't as fun looking at these large numbers! ;-)

@blkwalnutgrwr and @HanahsDax and @Lia: Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!! :)