Pint or XR...which is most like cruising the pistes in a snowboard?

• one word QUIVERS
    Buy both; resell the one you don't use as much for close to what you paid,
    if you have something against quivers;-/

• how many snowboards do you have and why?

• @b0ardski Good point about quivers...but these machines are pricey! I have 2 snowboards valued at roughly one Pint. But no worries, decision made to go big or stay home. XR will be on it's way next week :) Next decision is protection for the learning curve - I have a helmet so thinking about wrist guards and elbow pads (plus maybe some covert/exoskin knee protection?).

• @midlifecrisis congratulations! i would definitely advise the knee protection, at least until you get comfortable on it.

• Anyone got experience with G-Form and TSG style of elbow/knee pads - ie which is best? Here's the two...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06VSN9RYZ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?slotNum=9&ie=UTF8&linkCode=g12&linkId=0a62104ab67d15e446f74d98efd1a61d&imprToken=MXBqeWRIH2LD-t.81hytbw&tag=reviewskate0f-21

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/tsg-elbowguard-tahoe-a-20-protector/?aid=2cd3b3ca6bcb588d0b0cacc1b8d3c811&

Wondering which type of pad offers best protection but is still flexible/comfortable?

Cheers.

• @midlifecrisis said in Pint or XR...which is most like cruising the pistes in a snowboard?:

@b0ardski Good point about quivers...but these machines are pricey! I have 2 snowboards valued at roughly one Pint. But no worries, decision made to go big or stay home. XR will be on it's way next week :) Next decision is protection for the learning curve - I have a helmet so thinking about wrist guards and elbow pads (plus maybe some covert/exoskin knee protection?).

Congrats on the XR. You will love it. Add some wrist guards for sure. Elbow and knee are good if going to be going fast or doing some trails. I added in elbow pads after going through a puddle that ended up being a pothole.......

• @midlifecrisis
    I love my Demon United Elbow pads, might be adding in the knee variant next...

Amazon Link

• @b0ardski I have 8 snowboards, because I can. I really only use 3, the rest are just eye candy from days gone by. It's all about the ride at the end of the day. I have a pint, got it 2 weeks ago. It is fun, but the learning curve....

• @benthik I'd enjoy my pint more if it had a more stable tire profile; justifying the XR price was easy; a new state of the art splitboard set up or alpine carving set up would easily exceed $2K, the XR I can ride year round w/out a lift ticket and on smooth open roads it does feel like carving long turns on the pistes.
    PS just eye candy from days gone by
    alt text

• @b0ardski Eye candy indeed. First snowboard I ever rode was one of those burton split tails. Had a dickens of a time keeping the nose in front. It just wanted to turn backwards. And is that a Mono ski there in the middle? That was an interesting day. legs were never so sore.

• I’ve been riding a Plus for over a year and just got a Pint three days ago. To me the Pint feels more like a snowboard as it carves way, way easier. I took it on an 8 mile long ride and it was a joy. The Plus which is the same chassis as the XR is more stable and harder to carve. It’s better for higher speeds and carving at speed. The Pint doesn’t have as much top speed as it’ll start pushing back above 14 mph but I honestly didn’t feel like it was holding me back. Many times I just like to cruise and carve while listening to music. The Pint gets better range than my Plus and was able to go down my gravel road to the bike path without much trouble. I’d recommend a Pint as it features the simple stop dismount which I found to be super nice. Dismounting the board is almost always awkward and the Pint makes it much easier. It took me almost a year to get to the point where I wanted more range from my Plus and could ride it comfortably until it died. If you find you really like Onewheeling and want to upgrade, just wait until they release a 2nd generation of the XR. I think the current model is overpriced and it feels exactly like my Plus so it didn’t seem like a big upgrade for the money. I’m instead getting the 2-X kit for my Plus and that’ll give me the range I’m looking for.for the price of the new Pint with fender and the two-x kit I’m still money ahead compared to an XR. My family likes the feel of the Pint over the Plus. I’m glad I got to test ride both because I wasn’t considering a Pint initially.