Low battery power surge/acceleration

• Anyone experience an uncontrollable power surge/ acceleration under 10% low power? Tryed backing off but it kept forcing the nose down and I stacked at 30 km/ph! I looked on the app and noticed it was set to goofy and I'm natural! Could of been the issue? What do you think?

• @joshgrn Take it very steady under 30% charge to avoid nose diving.

A low battery runaway case is rare but can indicate a fault. Normally in a low voltage state the board will try to lift the nose really high till the tail drags to force you off. Take your front foot off completely and tail drag it till it stops. Avoid running the battery that low.

• @stinkyface is correct. At around 30-25% remaining battery, my XR starts exhibiting small surges of acceleration, especially when hitting bumps or quick inclines. At that point, I slow down and try to hit those bumps evenly with no aggression. By 10%, as @joshgrn is at, I'd be hopefully close to home and riding very slowly, as there isn't much torque left to keep the board under me.

@joshgrn I'm not sure what you mean by "set to goofy" (never seen that setting in the app) as it doesn't matter which foot is forward, the board goes either way. You CAN ride with either foot on the front sensor pads, but it's probably best to ride with the sensor side forward, unless you switch around a lot doing tricks and stuff.

• @OneDan under notification and settings/General in the app, not sure what it does. Tried to screenshot and send but the forum won't let me.

• @joshgrn the setting is called 'riding goofy'

• @joshgrn Yep, there it is! I have no idea what that means either . . . maybe someone does.

• @OneDan it's also touchy as hell on delirium with the tyre pumped up to 20psi. Takes off on me with the nose down. Might a have to drop it down a few psi. Delirium seems to be the only setting that gets me up the steep hills where I live. I would prefer a more mellow ride but any other setting doesn't seem to have the torque.

• @joshgrn actually mission is fine too and much better with the tyre pumped up.

• @joshgrn
    stop at the bottom, switch to delirium then back to mission at the top, only takes a second but you have to be stopped to switch modes

• @joshgrn
    I do not feel the goofy setting played into what happened as that does not change any actual hardware settings. On the XR and Pint boards the voltage swings from 63.5 VDC (100%) = full power available with minimal torque surges (unless hard acceleration or up steeper hills). Close to 5% battery left the board will be close to 40 VDC with almost no reserve power with surges and potential nose drops happening (depending on rider mass) on uneven bumps and slight inclines. My ride style gradually mellows as I go bellow 50% charge and then at below 30% I tend ride like I am on butter and it could slip out from under me (I do not push it much at all).

• on uneven bumps and slight inclines. My ride style gradually mellows as I go bellow 50% charge and then at below 30% I tend ride like I am on butter and it could slip out from under me (I do not push it much at all).

This^, I ride smooth and easy as possible below 50% especially on the pint

• @LidPhones đź‘Ťyeah sounds like the way to go

• @joshgrn my guess is water on circuits. I would open it up and inspect the circuit board(and seal). My XR was doing a lot of wonky stuff like that because a lot of water was getting inside. I don’t like the XR build.
    I wouldn’t worry about the warranty sticker but would record opening it up and damage if any. Then FM cant say someone else damaged it.

• I don't understand "it kept forcing the nose down".

If you were leaning back to make it stop, the physics of moving forward and would seem to counter to the board dropping the nose.