Pondering Getting Another OneWheel...

• I had a OneWheel about 2 years back; it was a Plus model; the XR was VERY new and hard to get at the time. I loved it and had a lot of fun on it but wound up selling it because it was something i couldn't do with my family and it was a lot of money to have tied up in a device. Have come into some money and thinking of getting another one; trying to weigh the pros and cons and would love some input from any of you that have sold yours and come back.

Pros:
    -Super fun
    -Exercise on some level
    -Lots of questions/interest from people

Cons:
    -Expensive
    -Dangerous (lost some skin and nearly worse when launched at max speed a few times. Always wear a helmet AND full pads people if you value your body)
    -Can't do with anyone else since not too many people are dropping $2k on these around here.

I'm giving it some hard thought and may grab one this summer. Would love your input!

• You're posting on a onewheel enthusiast forum...to ask whether you should get a onewheel...the thing we are enthusiastic about?!?!?!!

• Correct....talk me out of it please! :D

• @DJTheRick2020

I do not think anyone here will tell you to NOT buy a XR or Pint. If the range of the Plus was ok for your ride style then a Pint might fit better and save you some $$ at $1K. If that $2K is possible and extended range and speed are needed then grab the XR. I enjoy riding each and they are both very capable machines:

Pint = Smooth & Carving mid range terrasurfer.... (also TSA allowed if flying places).
    XR = Distance rider and Speed (still carves beautifuly) for max TerraSurfing...

• The pint is too small for me unfortunately; i'm 6'5 220lbs.

The XR would have to be it. Like going for long cruises and i'm all about that extra range.

I would have got one the first time around but they were on backorder in 2018 and i just wanted to ride!

• @DJTheRick2020 said in Pondering Getting Another OneWheel...:

I'll do my best to talk you out of it!

Pros:
    -Super fun
    meh, only if you like carving for miles, going over almost any terrain, having a big smile stuck on your face
    -Exercise on some level
    just your balance, core, foot/leg muscles . . . nothing important
    -Lots of questions/interest from people
    don't ya hate when people bug ya all the time?
    Cons:
    -Expensive
    not compared to a car . . . even most used ones!
    -Dangerous (lost some skin and nearly worse when launched at max speed a few times. Always wear a helmet AND full pads people if you value your body)
    how else can you prove you've paid your dues? (fyi, I'm almost at 5000 miles and haven't come off my board since the 600 mile mark)
    -Can't do with anyone else since not too many people are dropping $2k on these around here.
    yeah, alone time for self reflection sucks, don't it?

Not sure I helped, but as @Motoproponent said, you ARE severely outnumbered here, LOL

• Do they no longer include chargers in the box? When i bought my Plus the charger came in the box with the board.

I noticed upon checkout this time that the charger was in a package they were trying to upgrade me to; but then i had the option to buy "board only"

Uhhh......might need a charger.

• @DJTheRick2020 The standard chargers come with the boards. Ultra and Hyper changers are an upgrade option to charge faster for Pint and XR....

• @LidPhones said in Pondering Getting Another OneWheel...:

@DJTheRick2020 The standard chargers come with the boards. Ultra and Hyper changers are an upgrade option to charge faster for Pint and XR....

Great! Good to know; thanks!

• I would not buy one as there customer service sucks (takes waaay to long) and you wont wanna ride it after error 16 happens.....