Why localization on the App ?

• Hello FM,
    Why localization on my phone must be ON in order for the app to work and discover my OW? Bluetooth should be enough I guess?

Thanks for the response or comment,
    S

• @Sebasp1976 if you are using Android, its a google requirement. You can turn off your location once connected or some people use a fake locstion app to keep them guessing.

I hate this issue, but accept its a google thing

• Thanks for the response and for the tips ;)

• @stinkyface said in Why localization on the App ?:

@Sebasp1976 if you are using Android, its a google requirement. You can turn off your location once connected or some people use a fake locstion app to keep them guessing.

I hate this issue, but accept its a google thing

Umm, no, this isn't a google thing at all. This is a Future Motion requirement. You can still connect to your OW using pOnewheel, Onewave, or OWCE without having location on. This requirement came on at the same time that FM added the "Group Rides" feature. Basically, they want people to be able to communicate with other local OWers (which is totally cool, btw, but only if it is by choice) and need your location to figure out what "local" is. They could have made this optional and disabled the local group ride feature without a recent location, but the chose not to. They could have also only asked you to turn on your location if you opened the "Group Rides" or "Rider Search" sections of the app.

• @biell Thanks for taking time to reply - didn't know there was other apps out there and that's a good thing ;)